Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Coronavirus Covid-19  (Read 41294 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Coronavirus Covid-19
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »
The AZ vaccine will not only be sold at cost to developing countries for the small amount of £3.60, but also to the EU and around the world.  The Pfizer jab costs £15 per jab and Moderna £28.   AZ decided to forgo a £21 billion profit, unlike Pfizer, Moderna etc who will make a huge profit.

yes, that's the theory, but already happened that AZ was telling they don't have enough vaccines to send to the UE, and they were sending a lot to countries outside the UE because they get paid more... many shipments of AZ vaccines outside the UE had been blocked because apparently they can't supply the UE, but they have no problems sending them to countries that pay more.

AZ is very suspicious of strange manouvres, so it's like they want to pretend they are not making that huge profit, but at the back they try to.

At least, that's what the media says, which we know might be not entirely true, but however, you only listen of that kind of manouvres from AZ.

Which media are you reading from?

For example:

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/profit-before-people-astrazeneca-charging-sa-more-than-double-what-eu-pays-for-covid-19-vaccine/

I think you will agree these are very cheap even at twice the price compared to other vaccines.

AZ are not making any profit at all, in fact their share price has plummeted because of the present row.

Also:

https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2020/11/24/astrazenecas-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-sold-non-profit-to-developing-countries/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:04:45 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2021, 09:45:15 AM »
The AZ vaccine will not only be sold at cost to developing countries for the small amount of £3.60, but also to the EU and around the world.  The Pfizer jab costs £15 per jab and Moderna £28.   AZ decided to forgo a £21 billion profit, unlike Pfizer, Moderna etc who will make a huge profit.

yes, that's the theory, but already happened that AZ was telling they don't have enough vaccines to send to the UE, and they were sending a lot to countries outside the UE because they get paid more... many shipments of AZ vaccines outside the UE had been blocked because apparently they can't supply the UE, but they have no problems sending them to countries that pay more.

AZ is very suspicious of strange manouvres, so it's like they want to pretend they are not making that huge profit, but at the back they try to.

At least, that's what the media says, which we know might be not entirely true, but however, you only listen of that kind of manouvres from AZ.

Which media are you reading from?

Spanish radio and tv, logically.

Most specifically, A Punt tv, which is the regional tv from where I live, Valencia, because they just give information about facts. The national tv news programs are all influenced by political ideologies and their information is very affected by opinions more than facts, so I avoid them, same with newspapers.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:49:24 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineAlexJuvion

• Banned
  • Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »
Nowadays work from home is safe than going to office and lockdown is most needed as Covid cases are increasing.
Alex,
Provider of best assignment help for university students at Quality Assignment.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 01:32:24 PM by AlexJuvion »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.