Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Eric Clapton album  (Read 3781 times)

Bad Bull

New Eric Clapton album
« on: May 13, 2016, 10:39:12 PM »
 m5hWN8dtKfE

Saw this clip  (album recorded at British Grove by the way). Although I am not too much into EC's music I must say that this is really astonishing - so much fun and power and energy in this Interview and the songs all sounded great. Will definitely have a listen to this album. Compare EC with the sleepy and boring way MK appears in his EPK's.. EC definitely aged much better than MK over the years, drugs and alcohol or not... of course this is only my very personal view. Did anyone recognize any of the Musicians?

surferboy

Re: New Eric Clapton album
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 06:51:49 AM »
When I watched it yesterday I felt what a deep, quiet and modest person MK is compared to other celebities in the business. EC seems rather superficial and rough to me. I like the sound of his new album but I don't like the person. I'm spoilt by the personality of MK.

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:08:27 AM »
When I watched it yesterday I felt what a deep, quiet and modest person MK is compared to other celebrities in the business.

I'd like to sign under every word.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »
It sounds better than some of his more recent albums, but nothing extraordinary from these short clips.  I noticed Andy Fairweather Low on the clip.   I doubt I'll buy the album, but maybe when I've heard more of the songs in full I'll change my mind.

Personality-wise Eric is a very different person to Mark - less of an introvert, but I'm sure he's a very nice person.   Just like surferboy, I like MK's quiet modesty, even though I could yell at him sometimes, but I wouldn't want him any different to be honest.   

BTW I think MK has aged far better than EC  and he's a million times more s e x y - that woolly hairdo of Eric's is very ageing!  Give me MK's hairdo any day!  ;D   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:09:16 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »
Clapton's life was harder than Mk in many ways, growing without a father, discovering that what she always thought it was his mother was actually his grandmother and his real mother was his aunt (if I recall it well) and then all his problems with alcohol and drugs, his many musical projects that disappointed him along his career, an affair with his best friend's wife, losing a child falling from a skyscraper's window... Nothing compared with Mk's more or less normal life.

Actually I do think that Clapton looks too normal with that background...

Also I have to say that Clapton was very cool looking until more or less two years ago that suddenly aged a lot... And now he's 70, let's see MK when he's 70 too...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:25:05 AM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 12:00:38 PM »
He always does these silly blues songs that sound the same.  Suppose his fans must like them.  Difficult to tell from the clips though.  He's certainly more at ease in front of the camera than Mark who I find quite difficult to watch these days as he seems less and less comfortable, mumbling and stuttering his way through.

Oh and Val, his hairdo is very reminiscent of Mark circa 1992!  I suppose years of alcohol abuse must have been good for him.  :hmm
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:04:41 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »

Oh and Val, his hairdo is very reminiscent of Mark circa 1992!  I suppose years of alcohol abuse must have been good for him.  :hmm

Yes, I agree it is just like MK 1992 and it was very ageing on Mark too, just as it is on Eric!   MK looks much younger now, with his present hair (?) than he did then with the grey straggly hairdo!    Eric looks better with the crew cut circa "From The Cradle" days.    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 07:15:30 PM »
Eric looks better with the crew cut circa "From The Cradle" days.    :)

It was over 20 years ago...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 42 queries.