Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A Vinyl Corner?  (Read 24615 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: A Vinyl Corner?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »
Vinyl Corner is a good idea. Can one of the editors who is able to do it make it possible. I am not an editor who is able to do that technical stuff  :P

Done,

Suggestions? Let us know so we can modify the board.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »
I still think it's a good idea to have a corner (@ your last post, Dusty :-) ) because I think vinyl will be of more and more interest in the future again . The thread that was brought up here again about record players shows that there was and might be more and more interest in the subject - and also an immense knowledge among some of the forumers around. Also the thread about World Record Day 2015 could be put there, and the one about the Pink Floyd Box as well.  We could import both these threads to the new made Corner and open a "general" board together with the two new ones or even better, don't do any boards at all, just "Vinyl"?

LE
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:07:53 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 08:22:51 AM »
I didn't have a particular objection, just not convinced there will be enough traffic to justify a separate forum. Prove me wrong guys!

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 01:53:56 PM »
I still think it's a good idea to have a corner (@ your last post, Dusty :-) ) because I think vinyl will be of more and more interest in the future again . The thread that was brought up here again about record players shows that there was and might be more and more interest in the subject - and also an immense knowledge among some of the forumers around. Also the thread about World Record Day 2015 could be put there, and the one about the Pink Floyd Box as well.  We could import both these threads to the new made Corner and open a "general" board together with the two new ones or even better, don't do any boards at all, just "Vinyl"?

LE

The corner is already there  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 02:32:12 PM »
I didn't have a particular objection, just not convinced there will be enough traffic to justify a separate forum. Prove me wrong guys!

Well I bet there will be more traffic at the new section as in the "Der Deutschen Ecke"  :wave

Thanks all for making it possible so fast!

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 03:25:42 PM »
You can put somewhere this Mark's quote from Rolling Stone:

“Maybe the idea of giving somebody a record as a present will come back” :lol

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:20 PM »

Well I bet there will be more traffic at the new section as in the "Der Deutschen Ecke"  :wave

Thanks all for making it possible so fast!

LE

First: welcome back dear LE, missed you! Glad you must have missed us as well, because you returned.
And indeed, I guess there will be more traffic in the vinyl section than in the german corner ;-)

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »
Hey LE, great idea! Still love finding old vinyl bargains. As an aside, I dont think i posted here this year, but I really enjoy the buzz of attending a local record shop on Record Store Day and this year was great too! This year gave me some nice (& colourful) releases from Etta James, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylans EP (prior to the full LP release) and a few more too, such a great concept.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2016, 09:10:06 AM »
I heard that a LP version of the Altamira soundtrack was planned but it didn´t came out yet...

I also heard that GH and STP would be released in LP soon, but the same...

Ragpickers and All the roadrunning were released in such a limited editions that it´s difficult and expensive to find them in LP  :hmm
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:13 AM »
The Shangri-La LP is available at Amazon.de  used for 240 Euro or something.

Would love to have proper (double) LP's of STP and RPD. And Golden Heart as well of course.

@Fletch: Pleasure!  :wave

LE

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 12:01:33 AM »
Ragpickers and All the roadrunning were released in such a limited editions that it´s difficult and expensive to find them in LP  :hmm

jbaent

Do you mean these, I was lucky to get RagPickers signed at Clearwater (Oct 30, 2015)

Brian

Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 04:58:56 AM »
Now with the vinyl craze, everything gets re-issued. So probably ragpicker's dream and all the roadrunning will be re-isued.  Neck and neck was reissued recently from Music on vinyl. So there is hope for the vinyl obsessed. Despite the fact that spending a money to get a digital recording on vinyl to play through a system that costs 20 times the vinyl, might be problematic. I believe that vinyl is wonderful, but the come back of it, is more of a hype. I see people everyday that don't even know how to handle a turntable, coming to buy vinyl. That would be lovely, if only vinyl cost as much as 5-10 Euros. With prices ranging over 20-30 Euros for a new release, that you actually pay for the hype (they call it Limited, heavy weight, colored, numbered etc.) and not the fidelity, this is becoming annoying for the true vinyl aficionados.   
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »
Now with the vinyl craze, everything gets re-issued. So probably ragpicker's dream and all the roadrunning will be re-isued.  Neck and neck was reissued recently from Music on vinyl. So there is hope for the vinyl obsessed. Despite the fact that spending a money to get a digital recording on vinyl to play through a system that costs 20 times the vinyl, might be problematic. I believe that vinyl is wonderful, but the come back of it, is more of a hype. I see people everyday that don't even know how to handle a turntable, coming to buy vinyl. That would be lovely, if only vinyl cost as much as 5-10 Euros. With prices ranging over 20-30 Euros for a new release, that you actually pay for the hype (they call it Limited, heavy weight, colored, numbered etc.) and not the fidelity, this is becoming annoying for the true vinyl aficionados.

Funny and true in what you say.  I recall a news report where the reporter interviewed some guy in a record store purchasing some LP's and he admitted he didn't even own a turntable, nor did he intend to buy one!  He simply bought them due to the hype and artwork.  Eh?  :hmm
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 09:00:23 PM »
At least people are paying for music again. And getting excited about it. If it upsets a few cork sniffing audiophiles then it's a price worth paying IMO.

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »

jbaent

Do you mean these, I was lucky to get RagPickers signed at Clearwater (Oct 30, 2015)

Brian

Now that's THE ragpicker's dream come true. But if I were you, I'd asked Mark to sign RPD on the back, there's so much clear space for that :clap

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 43 queries.