Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614285 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1035 on: July 19, 2017, 01:54:02 PM »
Probably the fact the that they are working on the record and the project in parallel is what makes it slower....

Anyway, I hope that if the record would be complete in March, the management would had made his work and organized everything for marketing etc etc and also reserved the venues for a release in May accompanied by a tour also starting in May... maybe too hurry but... why can´t the management work in parallel to MK?

Is obvious that all depends on MK, if he says to PCM to start getting everything ready for a May release and tour, it would be ready (I Think the Emmylou record and tour happened in a short period of time already), but if MK doesn´t bother to hurry things... the waiting is going to be too long.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #1036 on: July 19, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »
Agree with you, the waiting is eating on us isn't it. I know we are a spoiled bunch... But there is something missing now, a kind of inner restlessness. And also a kind of worry yes, what takes so long. How about they give us a little "news present" before the big one, like kids on Christmas Eve  :lol :lol
At least here are some activity here on Amit :)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1037 on: July 19, 2017, 02:53:33 PM »
The 1983 EP is certainly a lifetime away now in terms of studio recording time, but just how much better will the new one sound?

I am even beginning to wonder if the March date will be accurate.  ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #1038 on: July 19, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
The 1983 EP is certainly a lifetime away now in terms of studio recording time, but just how much better will the new one sound?

I am even beginning to wonder if the March date will be accurate.  ::)

Yup.

Anything that is scheduled can be rescheduled.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1039 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:15 PM »
A new tour in spring 2018 with new songs and a very long tour : EU + US + EU in 2019 ...

A new tour in the spring would be very nice and once again we would know soon enough because of ticketsales. But I doubt it would be a long one. 6 weeks Europe and 4 weeks US with a break in between. And also a short break somewhere during the European tour..Something like that I think.....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1040 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »
With this long schedule, to me, it gets more and more clear that this will be MK's last "big" thing. ..
Which would make the last show of the next tour a very special one... (guess it gets more special the more I mention it...)

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1041 on: July 19, 2017, 09:40:51 PM »
With this long schedule, to me, it gets more and more clear that this will be MK's last "big" thing. ..
Which would make the last show of the next tour a very special one... (guess it gets more special the more I mention it...)

LE

Aren't we saying that every album ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1042 on: July 19, 2017, 09:52:20 PM »
From 2035 tour diary:

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1043 on: July 19, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »

LE

Why would this be MK last big thing??? Because he is alsmost 70 years old?? Take a look at David Gilmour. He did a big tour last year (okay his last tour before that was 10 years ago) and he is now in his studio making a new album. Paul Simon is still touring and making albums at 75.
Perhaps MK will not do any huge tours anymore after this but i'm sure he wil go on the road again when this one is done..
People are still comming in great numbers to his concerts and he gets very good reviews everywhere he goes.....
And he loves making new albums and going on tour so why stop?

Love Expresso

« Reply #1044 on: July 20, 2017, 04:59:12 AM »

LE

Why would this be MK last big thing??? Because he is alsmost 70 years old?? Take a look at David Gilmour. He did a big tour last year (okay his last tour before that was 10 years ago) and he is now in his studio making a new album. Paul Simon is still touring and making albums at 75.
Perhaps MK will not do any huge tours anymore after this but i'm sure he wil go on the road again when this one is done..
People are still comming in great numbers to his concerts and he gets very good reviews everywhere he goes.....
And he loves making new albums and going on tour so why stop?

It's just a feeling... with this schedule he WILL be 70 when touring... and we all know that he then again  would take his time before he goes on out again. Privateering 2012, Tracker 2015, New album maybe 2018...   That's what I meant.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1045 on: July 20, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
He admires a lot Bob Dylan, who is still touring after 70's, and others like Gilmour, Waters, even Clapton still play at 70's and after... Clapton less, due to his health problems.

I guess He would still tour after his 70's, but maybe shorter. Guy uses to say that they are carried on a magic carpet on tour, so the only thing they have to do if MK still wants to tour is just do one or two big cities per countries, and do the countries where the usually sell more tickets.

As long as he still wants to record and play, he will. I´m sure, and he will accomodate to whatever his health is at the moment.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1046 on: July 20, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »
I tend to think LE may be right.  Mark may have been 66 on the last tour but he was an old 66 IMO.  He has been suffering from his RSI from at least 2001, had a bad accident in 2003 breaking a collarbone and also suffers from a bad back which had him sitting down most of the tour in 2010.  To make things worse, the last couple of tours have shown he can't keep his fingers steady either.  I don't think he'll want to play for much longer.  We should just relish every concert we attend now.  :'(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1047 on: July 20, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
I tend to think LE may be right.  Mark may have been 66 on the last tour but he was an old 66 IMO.  He has been suffering from his RSI from at least 2001, had a bad accident in 2003 breaking a collarbone and also suffers from a bad back which had him sitting down most of the tour in 2010.  To make things worse, the last couple of tours have shown he can't keep his fingers steady either.  I don't think he'll want to play for much longer.  We should just relish every concert we attend now.  :'(

That has to be a law for us anyway, live every concert as it is the last...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1048 on: July 20, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »

I already do, jbaent!    I'm pretty sure we won't know that it's the last tour until after it has happened.    I don't think MK is the type of person to do farewell tours.  I'm sure he will continue performing in a more low-key way, though, especially as a songwriter. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1049 on: July 20, 2017, 01:52:13 PM »

I already do, jbaent!    I'm pretty sure we won't know that it's the last tour until after it has happened.    I don't think MK is the type of person to do farewell tours.  I'm sure he will continue performing in a more low-key way, though, especially as a songwriter.

I usually go to the concerts with a group of friend that always says things like "I have the feeling this could be his last record or/and tour" and luckily they are wrong all the times, LOL

Touring may be tiring with the past of time, but recording, as long as he keeps writing, I think there would be more records in the future and touring... I hope that when the day arrives, he decides to keep playing even just some shows per year like Clapton does nowadays.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 42 queries.