Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614015 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »
John and Mike are both on tour at the moment - John with Heidi and I saw Mike a couple of weeks ago with his own band in Saltaire.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »
I just read in facebook a message of a Spanish fan that I know for a while about the recording of whatever MK is doing...

The message says that this Spanish fan has a friend, who is also friend of one of the MK musicians (it doesn´t say who...) and that they changed some what's up messages in front of him, asking about the new Mk record, and the MK musician said that it´s not planned to record anything at the moment, that a month ago more or less they went to the studio to record something but it wasn´t defined yet

I know this Spanish fan and I trust in this information. I don´t know what it means exactly, but looks like whatever they are doing, it´s just MK and Guy who know...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2016, 01:23:42 PM »
If I had the minimum suspicion that it would be false, I wouldn't had mention it...

I just copied what he said in facebook, I know this person and he wouldn't had posted it if it wasn´t real.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2016, 01:28:28 PM »
Please do not feel offended! To me, all these persons are suspicious when they know something about MK but are not members at AMIT!  ;D ;D

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »
When Guy was asked about "Playtime Deluxe" he answered that it was a new song that sounds like an oldie...

I wondered what he meant with that... If they took and old MK song and made a new one, or that sounds really like an old song by another artists...

And that made me think about when TOTO released a record doing versions of their favourite rock tracks called "through the looking glass"

The mistery about this "project" makes me think that they are not just doing a record like the previous one (Guy always said they were doing a record without such misterio...) so, maybe that "A new song that sounds like an oldie" would be a clue?

That fit with a MK's musician saying they recorded a band session but wasn´t defined...

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
When Guy was asked about "Playtime Deluxe" he answered that it was a new song that sounds like an oldie...

I wondered what he meant with that... If they took and old MK song and made a new one, or that sounds really like an old song by another artists...

And that made me think about when TOTO released a record doing versions of their favourite rock tracks called "through the looking glass"

The mistery about this "project" makes me think that they are not just doing a record like the previous one (Guy always said they were doing a record without such misterio...) so, maybe that "A new song that sounds like an oldie" would be a clue?

That fit with a MK's musician saying they recorded a band session but wasn´t defined...

Although I liked some song versions of "Through The Looking Glass" I hope MK is not recording such an album to be honest. I'd rather have new material from the men himself. I hope you're friend's friend his friend is wrong ;-)
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »

As much as people often criticise those kinds of projects, I would LOVE to hear Mark doing somebody else's songs, like "What A Wonderful World", which was insanely good. With a song like that, you can easily screw it up, but Mark and Chris succeeded.

But no, no any other artist's songs, what I am talking about? WE DON'T LOOK BACK, WE ONLY LOOK FORWARD. Except for setlists maybe...

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2016, 02:21:32 PM »
I don't think there's much mistery - seems business as usual to me. First Mark & Guy, then the rest of the band, whoever may be needed. And then next spring or fall we'll have a new album. Nothing exciting in terms of procedures, but of course the prospect of a new MK album is always super exciting in itself.

Re: Playtime Deluxe, Guy must have been referring to Mark's ability to write songs (like "The Fish & the Bird", "Mademoiselle Will Decide" or "Haul Away", to name just three) that sound as if they'd always been around, like classics. He's incredibly good at that, and "Playtime" is just the latest example.

By the way, if he should plan to include "Playtime Deluxe" on the next record, I just hope he won't slow it down compared to the live version, like he did on several similar occasions before. Would be a pity, because it's such a wonderfully lively song.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:23:59 PM by Rail King »

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2016, 02:24:45 PM »
I don't think there's much mistery - seems business as usual to me. First Mark & Guy, then the rest of the band, whoever may be needed. And then next spring or fall we'll have a new album. Nothing exciting in terms of procedures, but of course the prospect of a new MK album is always super exciting in itself.

Re: Playtime Deluxe, Guy must have been referring to Mark's ability to write songs (like "The Fish & the Bird", "Mademoiselle Will Decide" or "Haul Away", to name just three) that sound as if they'd always been around, like classics. He's incredibly good at that, and "Playtime" is just the latest example.

By the way, if he should plan to include "Playtime Deluxe" on the next record, I just hope he won't slow it down compared to the live version, like he did on several similar occasions before. Would be a pity, because it's such a wonderfully lively song.

I hope you are exactly right.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
Oldi goldi like Walk of live!  :smack

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »
They are recording a Christmas record, you'll see  :lol

Seriously, maybe it's a kind of homage to classic rock or folk whatever... I recall when Ragpickers came out, Mk always said that "Quality Shoe" was a kind of tribute to "king of the road".

In the recent past MK " wrote " songs based in traditional songs like Miss You Blues or Oklahoma ponies, that are MK lyrics wrote over traditional melodies...

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2016, 05:15:18 PM »
They are recording a Christmas record, you'll see  :lol

Every songs with children choir from Remember Day on get lucky album.  :thumbsdown

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
Who knows? Who knows? For all other albums Guy has stated that they were in the studio working towards something new; then diary; photographs and engineering news. Something awry or at least different. By the way, no-one mentioned Bap Kennedy passing last week. Shame and sad. Cancer - the devil's handshake - sure he is in a better place now!  ::) ::

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »
Who knows? Who knows? For all other albums Guy has stated that they were in the studio working towards something new; then diary; photographs and engineering news. Something awry or at least different. By the way, no-one mentioned Bap Kennedy passing last week. Shame and sad. Cancer - the devil's handshake - sure he is in a better place now!  ::) ::

There is a topic about Bap in 'General Discussion'

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=5309.0
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »

You are exactly right.  Mark has stated this in the past many times.  He'll play the new tunes to Guy on an acoustic and Guy will reply "have you got anything else?"  Then they will have some tea (PG Tips), play some more, then have a break across in the pub over a pint of London Pride. ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 1.6 seconds with 40 queries.