Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614202 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1110 on: August 05, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
If this (from 6:07)...

Is "better" than this (from 5:00)...

Then I don't know what a guitar is lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1111 on: August 05, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »

Rome video have better mix, so sound better. I don't like Rome or Sevilla solos. He try to make jazzy, but get lost.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1112 on: August 05, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »

Rome video have better mix, so sound better. I don't like Rome or Sevilla solos. He try to make jazzy, but get lost.

That's not jazzy at all. Anyway, take your pick, choose any version from his latest four tours and you won't find one single attempt that lives up to his peak.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1113 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:02 PM »
Forget about YouTube clips - you have to actually be there!     ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1114 on: August 05, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »

That's not jazzy at all. Anyway, take your pick, choose any version from his latest four tours and you won't find one single attempt that lives up to his peak.

Call what you want. I think he try to make more jazzy playing but he does not succed.

About peak I agree. He had peak as guitar player, but is now going down from peak. Like sport atlete. He is still good, but songs who need high guitar level sound worse.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1115 on: August 05, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
Forget about YouTube clips - you have to actually be there!     ;)

Well, I'd love to but he won't cover my area lol

I've seen him live twice though, Rio 2001 and Christchurch 2005. He was still in top form.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1116 on: August 05, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »

Call what you want. I think he try to make more jazzy playing but he does not succed.

About peak I agree. He had peak as guitar player, but is now going down from peak. Like sport atlete. He is still good, but songs who need high guitar level sound worse.

I don't think you can succeed at something you're not trying to achieve, can you?

That's just a different approach, with more passing notes and less agressive and percussive licks. If it's well played it sounds good, if it's badly played it sounds floppy. Now, if he approaches the solo like that, the execution is fluid and precise but you still don't like it it's just a matter of taste rather than success.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:59:46 PM by ed_raposo »

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1117 on: August 05, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

I don't think you can succeed at something you're not trying to achieve, can you?

That's just a different approach, with more passing notes and less agressive and percussive licks. If it's well played it sounds good, if it's badly played it sounds floppy. Now, if he approaches the solo like that, the execution is fluid and precise but you still don't like it it's just a matter of taste rather than success.

I didn't say I don't like jazzy style, but like you say if playd not well, you don't succeed. MK don't play this style well. He get lost, like no goal of solo, and it feel "floppy". Or you mean "sloppy"?

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1118 on: August 05, 2017, 08:11:12 PM »

I didn't say I don't like jazzy style, but like you say if playd not well, you don't succeed. MK don't play this style well. He get lost, like no goal of solo, and it feel "floppy". Or you mean "sloppy"?

Dude, that's not jazzy... that's a different approach that YOU dislike. I rest my case, see ya.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1119 on: August 05, 2017, 09:22:04 PM »

Dude, that's not jazzy... that's a different approach that YOU dislike. I rest my case, see ya.

To hell with you.

We expect members to treat other members with courtesy and respect.

Consider this a friendly, but final warning. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #1120 on: August 05, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
To hell with you.

Come on, this is unacceptable. Please mind your language. We're here to discuss MK in a friendly way, even if we disagree with each other.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1121 on: August 05, 2017, 09:38:30 PM »
Yes, because we're all fans, that's Mark playing his most iconic tune and so on, but his playing hasn't been the same since the KTGC tour. It's pretty evident, guys. Still Mark, still got the touch, but very far from being that fluid, savvy and unpredictable guitar ace he was back in the day. His vibratos and bends are still there but the solos are inconsistent and even floppy sometimes. I like saying Mark's solos were like opera performances: the dynamics, the progression, the peak, the grand finale...

Having said that, he's still Mark Knopfler, meaning unique and pleasant.

So, Ed - here comment from you on Fletcher forum from may 2015:

I’m Brazilian and I am truly embarrassed by the comments my fellow countrymen have been posting here lately. That goes to the pachanga guy and to the Google translator lad. Said that, I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and wow, Mark’s in top form again! So good to see him play like in the good old days! The band has always been brilliant but this time it seems you guys have reached the next level, stunning.

Have you changed mind, Ed?

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1122 on: August 05, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »
Yes, because we're all fans, that's Mark playing his most iconic tune and so on, but his playing hasn't been the same since the KTGC tour. It's pretty evident, guys. Still Mark, still got the touch, but very far from being that fluid, savvy and unpredictable guitar ace he was back in the day. His vibratos and bends are still there but the solos are inconsistent and even floppy sometimes. I like saying Mark's solos were like opera performances: the dynamics, the progression, the peak, the grand finale...

I’m Brazilian and I am truly embarrassed by the comments my fellow countrymen have been posting here lately. That goes to the pachanga guy and to the Google translator lad. Said that, I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and wow, Mark’s in top form again! So good to see him play like in the good old days! The band has always been brilliant but this time it seems you guys have reached the next level, stunning.

Your point being? I saw some footage on YouTube and Mark had done well. What's wrong with complimenting and being kind to people? I guess you don't know.

And by the way, I don't need a stalker. I don't know if you were taught manners but it's never too late.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1123 on: August 05, 2017, 10:18:07 PM »

Your point being? I saw some footage on YouTube and Mark had done well. What's wrong with complimenting and being kind to people? I guess you don't know.

And by the way, I don't need a stalker. I don't know if you were taught manners but it's never too late.

Point? You need explanation? Come on.

You funny guy, Rapotho. But not "ha-ha funny".

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1124 on: August 05, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
I hope the moderators are seeing it. First he calls bullshit what another member says, then tells me to go to hell and now we have a stalker.

This guy's been rude from the get go, day one on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:22:38 PM by ed_raposo »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 38 queries.