Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 612954 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1185 on: September 17, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
Guess what we are going to get?

Yes, exactly.

Add to this a truck load of time what's being used to bring this project up! :think

By the way, rumours nowadays means a lot, have you seen this new Apple presentation? Everything, literally every new feature, titles and everything was known before the presentation, people already did their reviews of the iPhone X and started to work on cases and things.

I mean that there's plenty of rumours about MK musical and I tend to believe in that.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1186 on: September 17, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »
Of course the Fort Knox kind of security in year 2017 is ridiculous when official news (or release of an album) is just a rumour becoming reality.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1187 on: September 17, 2017, 09:46:59 PM »
Contractual reasons I guess, he is not allowed to say anything, it's as easy as that.

Still hope that it's not a Musical...

LE

He would be very stupid to break the contract and give us what we want, knowing that MK will never ever look at him again  ;D

There is a rule with MK that usually works. Think what you would love MK to do and what not.

Bet your money to what you don't like MK to do.

We all like a duets record with great artists or a compilation of great songs left out from previous records. We don't like to have a musical.

Guess what we are going to get?

Yes, exactly.

I have the same with setlists on the last 3 tours although i must admit i never thought he would play YLT and OES only too bad that TR was left out for OES.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1188 on: September 17, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »
Both returning tracks made nearly no Impression on me to be honest. Yes, big names, classic Dire Straits material... but OES is nothing without Paul Franklin and in no way is Nigel Hitchcock able to relace Chris White. Maybe he's the better Sax player, I am not able to judge, but what I know is that Chris White was perfect and perfectly fitting for Mark's music. So just for the idea to choose two Dire Straits tracks, but two without too much guitar playing, I was not too happy with this idea...

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1189 on: September 17, 2017, 10:44:53 PM »
Both returning tracks made nearly no Impression on me to be honest. Yes, big names, classic Dire Straits material... but OES is nothing without Paul Franklin and in no way is Nigel Hitchcock able to relace Chris White. Maybe he's the better Sax player, I am not able to judge, but what I know is that Chris White was perfect and perfectly fitting for Mark's music. So just for the idea to choose two Dire Straits tracks, but two without too much guitar playing, I was not too happy with this idea...

LE

I especially love how well returning tracks co-exist with their famous "looking forward only" motto.

We're looking forward only, hence we'll play two new 20+ years old tracks, enjoy folks!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1190 on: September 17, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

LE

Spot on.  It is my belief he got tired and the tour was too long so he decided to drop TR.  OES was an easy choice so the fans weren't too disappointed at a DS track being dropped.  If you listen to TR versions shortly before it being dropped they were sounding very tired. I hope the next tour is shorter.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1191 on: September 18, 2017, 01:03:56 AM »
To be honest, I'm afraid of this musical idea because of Altamira soundtrack. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful music, but VERY demanding on the mood you're in, you can't listen to it at every occasion. If this musical is something like Altamira just kill me then, but if it has some memorable songs and "Pure Imagination" type of things being thrown in there, I'll get it in every way possible (vinyl, CD, download, show, etc.).

Love Expresso

« Reply #1192 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:33 AM »
I agree. I don't even possess that Altamira Soundtrack, totally not interested in it. Was the first time that I totally not agree with anything he has ever released. Apart from Princess Pride Soundtrack maybe.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1193 on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »
A musical is a musical... Songs written to be sung by actors like they were talking.

If it's about "Local Hero", our number one bet, try to imagine the dialogue between the characters to be sung instead talk. Then you got it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1194 on: September 18, 2017, 08:04:34 AM »
I can't see what's the problem with Altamira soundtrack. Is just like the others soundtracks, music composed to fill the scenes of the film...

At least this soundtrack has real instruments, guitars, flute, percussion, strings and orchestra, not synthetic like Last Exit to Brooklyn... Where 90% of the instruments are "fake", played by Guy with his keyboards connected to a synclavier computer.

Actually, Altamira has beautiful melodies, it's not my favourite, but I like it

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1195 on: September 18, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »
I never bought a physical copy of Altamira either.  Listened to it a couple of times after downloading on iTunes but found it to be a pointless album.  Last Exit is a bit like that but the score is perfect for the film.  Local Hero soundtrack makes for a great album and good film score.  Sometimes the best scores are the ones you don't notice, the most subtle and therefore don't make great albums.  Local Hero may be an exception though although the score has become more famous than the film so it's difficult to make any judgement now!  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1196 on: September 18, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »
I can't see what's the problem with Altamira soundtrack. Is just like the others soundtracks, music composed to fill the scenes of the film...

At least this soundtrack has real instruments, guitars, flute, percussion, strings and orchestra, not synthetic like Last Exit to Brooklyn... Where 90% of the instruments are "fake", played by Guy with his keyboards connected to a synclavier computer.

Actually, Altamira has beautiful melodies, it's not my favourite, but I like it

Even though I don't listen to Altamira very often,  I do like it and the melodies are lovely - I usually skip the Evelyn Glennie tracks though. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:18:29 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1197 on: September 18, 2017, 12:54:07 PM »
I never bought a physical copy of Altamira either.  Listened to it a couple of times after downloading on iTunes but found it to be a pointless album.  Last Exit is a bit like that but the score is perfect for the film.  Local Hero soundtrack makes for a great album and good film score.  Sometimes the best scores are the ones you don't notice, the most subtle and therefore don't make great albums.  Local Hero may be an exception though although the score has become more famous than the film so it's difficult to make any judgement now!  :lol

Yes, pointless is the word. To me, Wag The Dog is the best Soundtrack.m. although short, it sounds very "live recorded" and it is something I can listen to from the beginning to the end without skipping but repeat!

LE

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #1198 on: September 18, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »
I dont think it is pointless. If something is pointless, then it‘s this discussion: A soundtrack is not meant to be entertaining music - it serves as a symbiosis with images of the movie! So, a soundtrack all alone just does not have the same effect, the same with the movie without any music. And for that, I have to say, it‘s a very pretty soundtrack!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:15:22 PM by neco »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1199 on: September 18, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »
Yes, Altamira music fits very well with the Cantabric landscapes and with the scenes of the film.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 42 queries.