Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615453 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1200 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »
Yes but, reveal a death line date doesn't reveal anything about the project and work for us to guess when more or less we'll know something...

As I said, patience is not my thing lol

I wonder what his answer on today's question will be....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1201 on: September 18, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
I dont think it is pointless. If something is pointless, then it‘s this discussion: A soundtrack is not meant to be entertaining music - it serves as a symbiosis with images of the movie! So, a soundtrack all alone just does not have the same effect, the same with the movie without any music. And for that, I have to say, it‘s a very pretty soundtrack!

Ok but it is released as an album so it should have some value beyond it's role for the movie. Just my opinion. So maybe I should better say: Releasing the Altamira Soundtrack was pointless to me.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1202 on: September 18, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

My bet is this: I can't say you anything, but just wait for my new new album diary entry, soon you'll find this is the best project we'd ever worked on :lol

Ok but it is released as an album so it should have some value beyond it's role for the movie. Just my opinion. So maybe I should better say: Releasing the Altamira Soundtrack was pointless to me.

Good point actually. I was especially surprised about this OST being released on Mark's own British Grove label, like—he's really proud of it.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1203 on: September 18, 2017, 07:42:18 PM »
So... Thousands of music scores shouldn't be released...

What a logic...  :smack
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1204 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
So... Thousands of music scores shouldn't be released...

What a logic...  :smack

I think what LE meant was that the movie's scale and quality wasn't so big to release a full soundtrack. I have troubles with this movie, too.

I'd be much happier if it was a proper BBC documentary, like they do, with some music from the giants. Not releasing the album would raise the view count of the film anyway, because you'd HAVE to watch it for your favourite musician and also hear a great true story. Why to make a feature film out of this is beyond my understanding in the first place.

What I did was after listening Altamira CD and asking questions into the void of space and time, I went on YouTube and hit "Altamira documentary". I don't know wether I'll ever watch the movie, which also got an awful 5.9 rating on IMDb .

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1205 on: September 18, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
... any piece of music composed and released by MK is worth to me. And Altamira are wonderful melodies beautifully played on acoustic guitar with orchestra, strings etc. What else can I ask for?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1206 on: September 18, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
... any piece of music composed and released by MK is worth to me. And Altamira are wonderful melodies beautifully played on acoustic guitar with orchestra, strings etc. What else can I ask for?

LOL I never said anything bad about the music itself. Of course it has to be good, although I wouldn't agree that literally everything by MK is good. I remember many odd collaborations and a couple of brilliantly put together, but still strange songs like Hot Dog and stuff. I guess people sometimes leave the part that making music is the actual and extremely high-paid job for Mark, so releasing something bad is just impossible.

But strange things happens with all sorts of Sirs and Dames... Remember Paul McCartney's collaborations with Jay Z, Rihanna and Kanye West? Oh my God... So it could get much worse than anything and Mark still is a hero on still having his own level as high as possible.

OnlineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #1207 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:12 AM »
Contractual reasons I guess, he is not allowed to say anything, it's as easy as that.

Still hope that it's not a Musical...

LE

Oh yes, I hope so, too. Everything in this world gets worse when turned into a musical. Mark's music will be no exception. Musicals are the single most efficient way of turning humanity's achievements into crap.  :disbelief

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1208 on: September 19, 2017, 10:04:27 AM »
Contractual reasons I guess, he is not allowed to say anything, it's as easy as that.

Still hope that it's not a Musical...

LE

Oh yes, I hope so, too. Everything in this world gets worse when turned into a musical. Mark's music will be no exception. Musicals are the single most efficient way of turning humanity's achievements into crap.  :disbelief

My position about this "musical" is that is an extra thing, something curious, something aditional to what really worths, that is the next solo album that MK will release probably in 2018.

That's the same way I consider all his music scores. Additional material to his solo albums, which remain the main thing.

I don't like either that the secret project could be a musical, but if it is, specially if it's about Local Hero as we guessed in previous posts, I'm curious about it and would like to see it.

But the main thing will remain to be the wait for the next album and hope the next tour :)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #1209 on: September 19, 2017, 10:31:49 AM »

Sir, I tend to agree with you wholeheartedly.  :wave
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1210 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »

I think that he is doing it just because he was asked to by a friend and couldn't say no, I can't imagine MK thinking himself in doing a musical...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1211 on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Me too, and very well said I may say!   :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1212 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »

Me too, and very well said I may say!   :clap

I agree too!  I have seen musicals at the cinema many moons ago - Carousel, Oklahoma, etc and did enjoy them at the time - even bought the LPs, but I inadvertently stumbled upon the film version of Mama Mia on TV recently and it was toe-curlingly awful.   The stage versions don't have real scenery either, which doesn't help.    One exception for me was Les Mis, which had lovely songs and scenery wasn't so important.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:10:19 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1213 on: September 19, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
Yes but, reveal a death line date doesn't reveal anything about the project and work for us to guess when more or less we'll know something...

As I said, patience is not my thing lol

And his answer today:
 Thankfully it is one of mine. No worries

Oh well by the end of this year we will have some news i hope  :-\

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1214 on: September 19, 2017, 02:47:10 PM »
I stopped asking him questions about these projects a long time ago...

I thought that a death line date wasn't anything secret really... It just mean which date they have as limit to finish... But yes, I'm too naive.
surely you mean a deadline and not a death line? :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 40 queries.