Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614383 times)

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1335 on: October 18, 2017, 02:08:50 PM »
Yes boring old farts. ..

But to be fair this might be all he is allowed to share.

They just have no idea how modern internet promotion works these days and don't care for fans the slightest. There are thousand bands outside there who take more interest in their buyers, listeners and consumers. It is just that we are all a bunch of poor and desperate masochists  in following this man... hoping the best but expecting the worst...

LE

You're right, he might not even be allowed to share anyhting more interesting even if he wanted to. And yes, we're masochists to some extent. It's not that bad though. If we'll get some great new music eventually - which is what really matters -, I'll stop complaining immediately; I'll be too busy listening too it.

Which brings me to your question, Robson, why are we complaining? Well, simply because their promotion is so sub-standard. They do create "diaries", but they're bad diaries. They do post on Instagram etc., but they're bad posts. They do reveal stuff, but it's boring stuff. Get it? That's the nature of complaining. You don't like something, you complain about it. And yes, I'm sure that there are artists who don't share anything. I just haven't heard of them, haha.

I think the diary idea worked very well at the beginning (Sailing to Philadelphia era), with lots of interesting posts. It went downward ever since. Now, in my opinion, Guy should either get his act together and do it properly, or just leave it be, saying that they're too old for that stuff. I'd understand that. What I don't understand and what annoys me is the half-heartedness.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:16:05 PM by Rail King »

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1336 on: October 18, 2017, 02:53:52 PM »
Yes boring old farts. ..

But to be fair this might be all he is allowed to share.

They just have no idea how modern internet promotion works these days and don't care for fans the slightest. There are thousand bands outside there who take more interest in their buyers, listeners and consumers. It is just that we are all a bunch of poor and desperate masochists  in following this man... hoping the best but expecting the worst...

LE

You're right, he might not even be allowed to share anyhting more interesting even if he wanted to. And yes, we're masochists to some extent. It's not that bad though. If we'll get some great new music eventually - which is what really matters -, I'll stop complaining immediately; I'll be too busy listening too it.

Which brings me to your question, Robson, why are we complaining? Well, simply because their promotion is so sub-standard. They do create "diaries", but they're bad diaries. They do post on Instagram etc., but they're bad posts. They do reveal stuff, but it's boring stuff. Get it? That's the nature of complaining. You don't like something, you complain about it. And yes, I'm sure that there are artists who don't share anything. I just haven't heard of them, haha.

I think the diary idea worked very well at the beginning (Sailing to Philadelphia era), with lots of interesting posts. It went downward ever since. Now, in my opinion, Guy should either get his act together and do it properly, or just leave it be, saying that they're too old for that stuff. I'd understand that. What I don't understand and what annoys me is the half-heartedness.

I'm on your team, guys. I've been saying that for many years, they don't really care about their fans. They do what they want, when they want, the way they want - and if you like it, good for you. If you don't... well, that's life I guess.

I know some people here will say otherwise but I have the impression that most fans crave a proper live DVD, a B-side compilation and less static setlists. And for those who live outside the USA-Europe bubble, a world tour too. I don't think we'll ever get any of those and I kinda have come to terms with that but come on... they at least sounded passionate in the past. Now it feels like they moved to another dimension.

As LE said, just an opinion.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1337 on: October 18, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

Bravo! :clap

Now it feels like they moved to another dimension.

New dimension of pleasing themselves. Yeah. Look at this luxury touring life and this luxury recording studio. Oh, we got to play music, too :disbelief

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1338 on: October 18, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
And how about cancelling those russian gigs? I mean, do you really think the local government could care less? The only people who got hurt were Mark's fans.

"That's the perfect excuse to skip Russia, Mark! That's bloody far."
Paul Crockford

Fake quote, needless to explain. Or maybe not.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:08:42 PM by ed_raposo »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1339 on: October 18, 2017, 03:19:03 PM »
So why not do something more constructive whilst waiting for something to happen in the studio?    Life's too short to waste time and energy complaining about a diary or lack of one! ;)    There's a certain clique of males on this forum, who are not happy unless they're complaining about something or other!   Hi boys!  :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1340 on: October 18, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
So why not do something more constructive whilst waiting for something to happen in the studio?    Life's too short to waste time and energy complaining about a diary or lack of one! ;)    There's a certain clique of males on this forum, who are not happy unless they're complaining about something or other!   Hi boys!  :wave

I do do other things with my time you know. I work, study, eat, sleep, play tennis, work out, play with my dogs, see friends and family, play the guitar, watch movies and series... but here's the only place where I can talk about Mark Knopfler so why should I not say what I think? Is it censored? I think it's rather offensive to claim it's a male issue. If you say anything similar about women these days you're likely to be crucified. For example, I could say that there's a certain clique of females on this forum who like telling men what they can or cannot do... but I won't  8)

OfflineMelcuer

• Guitar George
« Reply #1341 on: October 18, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Getting emotional to hear Danny Cummings is back and in a few months realise he just plays tambourine 5 seconds in song number 8   :smack

Love Expresso

« Reply #1342 on: October 18, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
Pretty astonished about Val's comment, too!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1343 on: October 18, 2017, 03:42:57 PM »

I do do other things with my time you know. I work, study, eat, sleep, play tennis, work out, play with my dogs, see friends and family, play the guitar, watch movies and series... but here's the only place where I can talk about Mark Knopfler so why should I not say what I think? Is it censored? I think it's rather offensive to claim it's a male issue. If you say anything similar about women these days you're likely to be crucified. For example, I could say that there's a certain clique of females on this forum who like telling men what they can or cannot do... but I won't  8)

Of course it's not censored and you are quite entitled to say exactly what you think (no, you don't have to thank me  ;D), but it does become rather boring to hear the same old criticisms trotted out ad nauseum.   The male issue happens to be true and wasn't meant to be offensive, but perhaps I just touched a raw nerve!

I have just returned from a few weeks holiday and didn't even look at this forum, but here it is again - the same old, same old..... just the same as before I went away!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1344 on: October 18, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
Pretty astonished about Val's comment, too!

LE

What comment was that, LE?   You mean "male clique"?   That was purely because they happen to be all males - probably because there are three times more males than females on the forum.  I apologise for my lack of PC!  It could easily have been "female clique" in a different thread.  I must remember not to mention gender!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:35:43 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1345 on: October 18, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
Fake quote, needless to explain. Or maybe not.

Mark said "It was a good thing to do". And of course it wasn't.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1346 on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

Of course it's not censored and you are quite entitled to say exactly what you think (no, you don't have to thank me  ;D), but it does become rather boring to hear the same old criticisms trotted out ad nauseum.   The male issue happens to be true and wasn't meant to be offensive, but perhaps I just touched a raw nerve!

I have just returned from a few weeks holiday and didn't even look at this forum, but here it is again - the same old, same old..... just the same as before I went away!    ::)

That's life - and democracy. If you can't handle different opinions and perspectives I don't think Internet forums suit your nature.

Looking forward to new content provided by you.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1347 on: October 18, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »
Can we keep it nice please?

Finally we have our diary and now we start 'fighting' each other over here? Come on... :think
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:11:46 PM by Dutchessy »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1348 on: October 18, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »
Can we keep it nice please?

As long as I can express myself freely without anyone judging me and throwing in gender issues for no reason I'll always be nice.

Funny how someone can think that criticizing is boring but criticizing criticism is good. Go figure.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1349 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »
We live in times when we want to know more and faster. Maybe this time the diary will be different. I understand it and respect it. It must not always be the same :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 40 queries.