Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614308 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1350 on: October 18, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »
Pretty astonished about Val's comment, too!

LE

What comment was that, LE?   You mean "male clique"?   That was purely because they happen to be all males.  ;)

That it's male clique makes sense, because most of the members are males ;-)
To be precise: 3.7 man to 1 woman. And I am sure the rate is even higher if the statistics would show active men versus women
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:36:03 PM by ingridswing »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1351 on: October 18, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »
But I am extremely happy to see Danny back. Hopefully he will be in the line up on next tour as well.
Not all studio musicians join the tour as we know.

That said....... I WANT A TOUR!!!!!!  ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1352 on: October 18, 2017, 04:38:40 PM »

LE

What comment was that, LE?   You mean "male clique"?   That was purely because they happen to be all males.  ;)

To be precise: 3.7 man to 1 woman. And I am sure the rate is even higher if the statistics would show active men versus women

Quite true, Ingrid.  In fact I have just edited my post to LE whilst you were posting!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1353 on: October 18, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »

LE

You're probably right:)

I just don't get why everything these days has to be about gender, race or s**ual orientation. We're all human beings who happen to admire the same musician, that's how I see it. No need to play the gender card to legitimize a statement.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:45:41 PM by ed_raposo »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1354 on: October 18, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »

LE

I just don't get why everything these days has to be about gender, race or s**ual orientation. We're all human beings who happen to admire the same musician, that's how I see it. No need to play the gender card here.

Just to be clear - I wasn't playing the gender card!   No need to make mountains out of molehills!  OK?
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1355 on: October 18, 2017, 04:47:03 PM »
Don't take it that seriously or literally Ed. I think we are a group that is not caring about gender, race or s**ual orientation at all.
I remember all the good times that we were together in Amsterdam, London or wherever.
Youngest one 16-17, oldest one in 70's. Male, female. Not knowing everyone but sure also orientation of all kind.
Together and talking like good old friends, only knowing eachother from this forum.

And that included Val's presence, who is not caring at all about gender or whatever.
That's why I said don't take it too seriously or literally.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1356 on: October 18, 2017, 04:50:06 PM »
Don't take it that seriously or literally Ed. I think we are a group that is not caring about gender, race or s**ual orientation at all.
I remember all the good times that we were together in Amsterdam, London or wherever.
Youngest one 16-17, oldest one in 70's. Male, female. Not knowing everyone but sure also orientation of all kind.
Together and talking like good old friends, only knowing eachother from this forum.

And that included Val's presence, who is not caring at all about gender or whatever.

Thanks, Ingrid!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1357 on: October 18, 2017, 05:02:16 PM »

LE

I just don't get why everything these days has to be about gender, race or s**ual orientation. We're all human beings who happen to admire the same musician, that's how I see it. No need to play the gender card here.

Just to be clear - I wasn't playing the gender card!   No need to make mountains out of molehills!  OK?

I'll have to trust you on that one but you can put that aside and focus on accepting the fact that people think differently as well. You might be happy about the way Mark administrates his career but there are people who aren't and we're entitled to express it freely on this forum I think. And as you pointed out yourself I'm not alone here so if you don't like it you can always ignore it and give your opinion without having to turn it into a ideological issue. Welcome to the internet.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #1358 on: October 18, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »
OK, case closed. Back to topic. Speculations about the album, a tour, whatever!

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1359 on: October 18, 2017, 05:07:18 PM »

I believe you and that's exactly how I see this group - and also the very reason why Val's comment sounded so bitter to my ears. Maybe I was wrong and in that case I appologize.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1360 on: October 18, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »

I believe you and that's exactly how I see this group - and also the very reason why Val's comment sounded so bitter to my ears. Maybe I was wrong and in that case I appologize.

Ed - I have met many fans and enjoyed many forum meetings over the years at various concerts and, as Ingrid said, we have all had a good time together.   Things always seem much worse in black and white than talking face to face.   I accept your apology and hope you will accept mine for mentioning gender - I must remember to become more PC in my old age!     ;)

BTW My original post was really intended to be lighthearted - that's why I ended it  "Hi boys"!  I never intended it to be taken so seriously, but I was wrong!    :smack
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:26:53 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1361 on: October 18, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

Ed - I have met many fans and enjoyed many forum meetings over the years at various concerts and, as Ingrid said, we have all had a good time together.   Things always seem much worse in black and white than talking face to face.   I accept your apology and hope you will accept mine for mentioning gender - I must remember to become more PC in my old age!     ;)

Apology accepted but please don't become more PC! PC sucks lol

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1362 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »
Does anyone know if the folk blokes have been spotted at BG since Mark started recording? I might be seeing too much into it but this diary entry kind of reinforced the possibility of a MK/EC collaboration to me.

I know they can add their parts later down the road through overdubs but I can't help thinking that their absence might mean more guitars and considering that Richard isn't there either... two keyboards, bass, drums and percussion, that sounds like the kind of band Mark and Eric could use. Am I getting carried away by the prospects or it makes sense to someone else?

Love Expresso

« Reply #1363 on: October 18, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
Really laughing my ass off reading the recent posts. I am the one being attacked only because I uttered something that included a rant against MK .. and suddenly also because I am male... then the usual "why always negative" and PC mentioning and "case closed" stuff.. that is really a sentence by the way I learned to hate because it so often comes far too early ... why not let the discussing parties decide when and if a case is closed?  What is this? What has this place become and when? Totally sucks. It only confirms a lot things that have become part of this forum during the last three or four years..

I am totally not accepting the fact that my Initial rant post should be the "wrong" one and deserved some editors action in the end and that the Lady's post is just funny. It is vice versa if you think about it. The Lady should have been warned because of her ridiculous statement.

I KNEW exactly what kind of answers I would get but had the hope it would be possible to utter some criticism about MK here nevertheless. Obviously not.

A lot of Amiters seem to want to live in a "perfect world bubble" obviously. Anything else not tolerated.

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1364 on: October 18, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »
Really laughing my ass off reading the recent posts. I am the one being attacked only because I uttered something that included a rant against MK .. and suddenly also because I am male... then the usual "why always negative" and PC mentioning and "case closed" stuff.. that is really a sentence by the way I learned to hate because it so often comes far too early ... why not let the discussing parties decide when and if a case is closed?  What is this? What has this place become and when? Totally sucks. It only confirms a lot things that have become part of this forum during the last three or four years..

I am totally not accepting the fact that my Initial rant post should be the "wrong" one and deserved some editors action in the end and that the Lady's post is just funny. It is vice versa if you think about it. The Lady should have been warned because of her ridiculous statement.

I KNEW exactly what kind of answers I would get but had the hope it would be possible to utter some criticism about MK here nevertheless. Obviously not.

A lot of Amiters seem to want to live in a "perfect world bubble" obviously. Anything else not tolerated.

LE
Come on! Why again?? Nobody said your post is wrong and deserved some editor action! Nobody did an editor action as far i can see? So what is the problem?

I want this forum to be nice place. I think i am not the only one here?! Ofcourse we can discuss and complain, but have some respect to each other, even when someone complains about the complaints. You knew it was coming, so accept it then. It wasnt that worse at all.

Val explained herself and made an excuse. She didnt mentioned it like that. And ofcourse people are saying case closed. Nobody wants to read all this crap and 'fighting between members' in an MK topic.

Can we move on now LE? Or do you want to decide it yourself this time?

I am saying this as a member of amit, not as part of the editor team. They probably wont approve my post but im done with it!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 40 queries.