Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614378 times)

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1380 on: October 19, 2017, 01:39:29 PM »
I have just returned from a few weeks holiday and didn't even look at this forum, but here it is again - the same old, same old..... just the same as before I went away!    ::)

That's really not our mistake, Val, but Guy's and Mark's.  :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1381 on: October 19, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »
I have just returned from a few weeks holiday and didn't even look at this forum, but here it is again - the same old, same old..... just the same as before I went away!    ::)

That's really not our mistake, Val, but Guy's and Mark's.  :lol

That's right, if they give us new reasons to rant, we will rant about different things, not the same old

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #1382 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
How about not ranting at all, until something actually new happens?
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1383 on: October 19, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Yeah right. You can see at the picture with Jim Cox he's sitting there with a bunch of papers with lyrics.
So, they're going to play songs with lyrics? How old and pathetic. Can't even come up with something new.

:disbelief

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1384 on: October 19, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »
Interesting things (at least to me) about the diarie entry:

- the basses and MK guitars are inside of oneof the booths in studio1, there are also machines to connect the wires and plug amps so I guess they used them to store the instruments and at the same time record, depending on the set up for every song I guess...

- one of the drum kits is set up inside of one of the booths (and they need some light inside apparently, LOL), and they also have another one in the control room, that's quite curious as until now we only saw guitars and keyboards in the control room. In one of the pics you can see Ian playing drums inside the control room and throught the glass you can see Jim playing keyboards inside the studio1 that, funnily, looks full of space to have Ian playing there as well, lol

- we also see Glenn Saggers setting up many of the MK guitars (three Gibson Les Paul, one Fender Stratocaster and two martins) probably in studio2, as the size of the room looks bigger than the booths, and the many mics you can see, made me think that picture was taken while MK was recording alone with Guy. When a band session, MK usually use the booths to not interfere with the ambient mics in the big studio1

- it looks like MK is inside the control room in the Jim Cox picture, but I can't say it for sure

- Danny Cummings percussion seems to be also setup inside a booth, because of the size of it when you see Danny's pic, and then there is another pic of studio1 when you see Danny going out of one of the booths

- In the picture of the control room for studio2 you can see at least two keyboards, also MK guitar amps, and the picture of Ianto and Nigel I mentioned earlier. That's probably taken during MK and Guy alone sessions

Just some silly thoughts when seeing the pics  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1385 on: October 19, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »

Since Tracker tour ended, that's a lot of time without ranting  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #1386 on: October 19, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »
Oh, I totally forgot we are in a fan forum.  :smack
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1387 on: October 19, 2017, 02:33:37 PM »
Interesting thing is that they now use Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones with British Grove Studios logo it seems. Logo on the headphones!

It's so cool. Reminds me of logos on equipment in Capitol Studios.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1388 on: October 19, 2017, 02:49:11 PM »
Direct reply to vgonis' last post:
 Editors or founders should really and honestly think about changing or adding the rules and make it clear that rant is not allowed and saying something critical, let alone negative against MK and anything related to him or his fanbase, is totally not allowed. After that is done this will be the perfect place for all MK fans on earth who look after a perfect bubble world. Also it is only fair to any new members to tell them before they decide to participate in something that started with the best intensions but has become something like MKNews 2.0 over the last couple of years.

After more than 30 years of being a Hardcore fan it must be allowed to utter doubts and criticism about the way his career and direction goes, ESPECIALLY in a fan forum. It was the idea and the reason of AMIT to get back to the freedom of spreech after Terry's great place was moderated more and more. Now PC and totally wrong understanding of the meaning of the word "fan" and uncritical fan boy and ...sorry of course also fan GIRL behaviour plus too many partly overextended Editors/Mods who at the slightest sign of what could become a controversion or an interesting discussion put the brakes on as if their only interest is tp keep up that perfect bubble world. It's really sad.

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1389 on: October 19, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
 Editors or founders should really and honestly think about changing or adding the rules and make it clear that rant is not allowed and saying something critical, let alone negative against MK and anything related to him or his fanbase, is totally not allowed. After that is done this will be the perfect place for all MK fans on earth who look after a perfect bubble world. Also it is only fair to any new members to tell them before they decide to participate in something that started with the best intensions but has become something like MKNews 2.0 over the last couple of years.

After more than 30 years of being a Hardcore fan it must be allowed to utter doubts and criticism about the way his career and direction goes, ESPECIALLY in a fan forum. It was the idea and the reason of AMIT to get back to the freedom of spreech after Terry's great place was moderated more and more. Now PC and totally wrong understanding of the meaning of the word "fan" and uncritical fan boy and ...sorry of course also fan GIRL behaviour plus too many partly overextended Editors/Mods who at the slightest sign of what could become a controversion or an interesting discussion put the brakes on as if their only interest is tp keep up that perfect bubble world. It's really sad.

LE

Mind your blood pressure, LE....:-) It’s alright to be critical and I don’t think anyone will deny that. There is always a difference between critics and moaning. If I speak for myself, I think you are being very reasonable and objective when describing critics. And if you keep doing that, there’s no one who will complain. I hope. I won’t! So please keep posting and don’t let it get to you. I enjoy your posts.

Hola
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1390 on: October 19, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »

LE

Leaving yesterday's argument behind and looking at LE's post in a much broader sense, he's got a pretty valid point there. I have no interest in being part of a fan forum if I can't express my opinion on it freely. Again, I'm not talking about yesterday's event, I'm just exposing my concerns about the path this forum might be taking.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1391 on: October 19, 2017, 03:13:26 PM »
Interesting thing is that they now use Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones with British Grove Studios logo it seems. Logo on the headphones!

You sir got an eye for detail! You could've shown me that picture 1000 times over and over again and I'd have never spotted that. In fact I still haven't lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1392 on: October 19, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »

LE

As i said to you yesterday also, it sure is allowed to rant and complain. Everybody has freedom of speech here. Nothing has changed that.
But that means it is also allowed that members react to the complainers, that's totally normal.

You are indeed right that i tried (yesterday) to avoid an escalation because I don't want a fight here.

Message to all: Just be respectful to each other and treat each other the way you want to be treated
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #1393 on: October 19, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »

You sir got an eye for detail! You could've shown me that picture 1000 times over and over again and I'd have never spotted that. In fact I still haven't lol

Somehow it looks like glued to it jokingly... or quizzafoma  just photoshopped it..  ;D

LE
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:34:20 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #1394 on: October 19, 2017, 04:39:44 PM »
For some reason this thread is 93 pages long but only a few pages contain actual news or something interesting.
The way some (mostly regular) posters write here is untastefull in my opinion.
I used to come here everyday to see if anything new is up in the world of MK because I don't want to miss a thing.
This thread (and other ones) and some posters I won't name have taken all the fun away from that.
Thanks.

I'm hoping for an album, tour and real news soon, so some valuable threads show up here. And bring me back to fun to be a die hard fan.
For now, I'm out.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 42 queries.