Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 614370 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1395 on: October 19, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
 Criticism and freedom of speech is essential to any fan forum, this one is no exception and long may it continue.  Everything is good in moderation and I agree we must respect each others views.   

Also, please can we have more laughs and fun like in the earlier days!   It is a much more serious forum these days and I really miss laughing out loud behind my computer at someone's witticism!   Anyone remember Gayle (Gbobmi)?  Now she had a great sense of humour!

LE,  I really hope that we can be friends again, because I know we shared opinions a lot of the time and it was lovely to meet you in London.   Oh, and please don't call me the Lady any more, it didn't feel right at all - I'm Val!   :wave

Finally, Dutchessy,  Thank you for your patience, tolerance and common sense in resolving things for us.   :)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:16:33 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1396 on: October 19, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
For some reason this thread is 93 pages long but only a few pages contain actual news or something interesting.
The way some (mostly regular) posters write here is untastefull in my opinion.
I used to come here everyday to see if anything new is up in the world of MK because I don't want to miss a thing.
This thread (and other ones) and some posters I won't name have taken all the fun away from that.
Thanks.

I'm hoping for an album, tour and real news soon, so some valuable threads show up here. And bring me back to fun to be a die hard fan.
For now, I'm out.

Well, Guy dropped the bomb and very little has happened ever since. It's natural that a bunch of diehard fans will keep speculating on what's been divulged. This is a forum after all, not BBC news:)
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1397 on: October 19, 2017, 05:19:37 PM »
Do you know why I love this forum no matter what? I don't think anyone in my country "knows" Mark better than me, but when I enter this environment I feel like a junior watching Sampras x Becker in the centre court. I learn so much here everyday and that's the main reason why I keep coming back.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1398 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:03 PM »
For some reason this thread is 93 pages long but only a few pages contain actual news or something interesting.
I used to come here everyday to see if anything new is up in the world of MK because I don't want to miss a thing.
This thread (and other ones) and some posters I won't name have taken all the fun away from that.
Thanks.

I'm hoping for an album, tour and real news soon, so some valuable threads show up here. And bring me back to fun to be a die hard fan.
For now, I'm out.

I can't help but feel addressed somehow  ::)
.. Just wanted to comment to your last paragraph that this of course lies in the hands of every poster also.. if it is not fun enough anymore, contribute to make it funny again! I also miss some people posting here who had "fun" as their middle name. But we have that guy from Russia now so that's a start don't you think?  :wave

The forum lives from posting, the more post the more life. And the more post, the less important are the annoying ones!

LE
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 06:03:45 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #1399 on: October 19, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
Only...
I have seen (too many times), where members have posted things, only to get slammed, for not knowing something.  This happens on a regular basis -- even for brand new members. 

This absolutely sucks the fun out of posting, and must be a HUGE turn-off to potential regular AMITers. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Love Expresso

« Reply #1400 on: October 19, 2017, 09:43:49 PM »
Going back on-topic.. I don't know if I am the only one who wondered about it but I asked Guy today and he confirmed that Danny indeed is "only" on percussion, not on drums. Ianto is doing all the drumming.

Must say the many synths and keyboards make me looking forward to it more than just another new guitar or so... together with percussions here's hope for maybe a little musical change or at least a re-visit to some classic (DS) sounds... Calling Elvis, Planet of New Orleans or Ride Across The River came to my mind. Would be very welcome.

LE 

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1401 on: October 19, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »
Going back on-topic.. I don't know if I am the only one who wondered about it but I asked Guy today and he confirmed that Danny indeed is "only" on percussion, not on drums. Ianto is doing all the drumming.

Must say the many synths and keyboards make me looking forward to it more than just another new guitar or so... together with percussions here's hope for maybe a little musical change or at least a re-visit to some classic (DS) sounds... Calling Elvis, Planet of New Orleans or Ride Across The River came to my mind. Would be very welcome.

LE

Will wait for the January when the folk boys will arrive :lol

Yeah, for all my skepticism towards Guy Fletcher, I respect him as one of the best keyboard players out there. His samples always on point (except for these 80s synths, but hey), and many times his work goes almost unnoticed, but crucial to the sound (think "A Place Where We Used To Live"). And of course Jim Cox is a monster in the studio, although in live performances I still prefer and miss the jazz giant Matt Rollings.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1402 on: October 20, 2017, 12:03:01 AM »
My opinion:

Complaining about MK: good.

Complaining about fellow fans: Not good.

Also, pleased see Danny back. He's a better procussionist than drummer anyway (fact).

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1403 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »

As Danny is pictures with his percussion rig, I assumed he was just playing percussion. Having Ianto looks like another drummer is not needed.

LE

I thought the same, this musicians setup looks quite rocker, quite DS sound, but I fear that another band sessions with the folkies would be waiting... Don't get me wromg, I like the folkies, but I won't mind if they only had bits here and there like in "Yon Two Crows" :)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1404 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »
Only...
I have seen (too many times), where members have posted things, only to get slammed, for not knowing something.  This happens on a regular basis -- even for brand new members. 

This absolutely sucks the fun out of posting, and must be a HUGE turn-off to potential regular AMITers.

You're right Lis, and I recognize myself in this, and must apologize... I try to be helpful when someone new arrives with what Val called "same old same old" but sometimes I think... "Again... after so many years, this question?". Must control myself and be more emphatetic.

It's good that people like Lis remember that many of us didn't know a thing some years ago, and we lernt from someone / somewhere else.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1405 on: October 20, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »
Interesting thing is that they now use Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro headphones with British Grove Studios logo it seems. Logo on the headphones!

It's so cool. Reminds me of logos on equipment in Capitol Studios.

http://pp.userapi.com/c841539/v841539041/2d699/KPliIqy9sbQ.jpg

Quite small, what an eye you have, foma...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1406 on: October 20, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
Thanks.

For now, I'm out.

If we only post when there are real news... this forum would had been in almost totally silence since the Tracker tour ended. Since that day, the only "real news" were some MK colaborations...

It doesn't have sense to have a forum for real news, for that, we already have MKNEWS site.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1407 on: October 20, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »
Quite logical about the drums but maybe it had to do with Guy telling us about three drum kits and because of that a little dreaming of a drum duel..  :lol

LE

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #1408 on: October 20, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
Has anyone ever returned to DS/MK band after being replaced? I can only think of Jim Cox but his departure was unfortunate and not some dispute with MK. With Danny back on percussion and Nigel being on board more or less, we only need Paul Franklin for some OES magic ;D

Just kidding but I'm really exited for the new record. I always love the little touches of GF's pads and synths, he's incredibly important to MK's sound. Also good to have Rowan and Poppy in the studio, I never heard of them and they might not have a lot of influence musically but it's great to have some young people around.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #1409 on: October 20, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Has anyone ever returned to DS/MK band after being replaced? I can only think of Jim Cox but his departure was unfortunate and not some dispute with MK. With Danny back on percussion and Nigel being on board more or less, we only need Paul Franklin for some OES magic ;D

Just kidding but I'm really exited for the new record. I always love the little touches of GF's pads and synths, he's incredibly important to MK's sound. Also good to have Rowan and Poppy in the studio, I never heard of them and they might not have a lot of influence musically but it's great to have some young people around.

You could say that Danny had already returned to MK band (in 2001 on the shot glory soundtrack and on 2005 tour), after being "replaced" from OES days...
And you could alos say that Terry Williams returned for the BIA tour after being replaced in studio, but that's not excatly the same case

there is also the MK & friends gigs in 2002 where John and Danny "returned", but again, it was a special concert

Luke Brighty or Marcus Cliffe played with MK from time to time. Does it counts ?

And even more, you could say that Alan Clark played with NHB in 93 for swan hunter, after the OES tour ended.....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 44 queries.