Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 613322 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1590 on: November 16, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
"....well, today we had been recording a screamin' 10 minute guitar solo, but in the end decided that the song is the boss and replaced that track with flutes...."

Given the lack of enthusiasm Mark has been displaying when soloing over the last few tours it's pretty safe to assume they went straight for the flutes lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1591 on: November 16, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »
"....well, today we had been recording a screamin' 10 minute guitar solo, but in the end decided that the song is the boss and replaced that track with flutes...."

Given the lack of enthusiasm Mark has been displaying when soloing over the last few tours it's pretty safe to assume they went straight for the flutes lol

The thing is MK is "too much" into that folkie style, that makes him choose the songs that will go in the record depending on if they fit with each other, with maybe one or two songs out of the style, and sometimes great songs are left out...

Do you remember when the Get Lucky diary, Guy told us about a song in which MK Les Paul was recorded at a high volume and with a great number of mics positioned in different places? It was a song that didn't make on the record because it was so rockier that didn't fit with the rest, and having "Cleaning my gun" in the record already was enough.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1592 on: November 16, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »

The thing is MK is "too much" into that folkie style, that makes him choose the songs that will go in the record depending on if they fit with each other, with maybe one or two songs out of the style, and sometimes great songs are left out...

Do you remember when the Get Lucky diary, Guy told us about a song in which MK Les Paul was recorded at a high volume and with a great number of mics positioned in different places? It was a song that didn't make on the record because it was so rockier that didn't fit with the rest, and having "Cleaning my gun" in the record already was enough.

I do remember that and will never forgive Guy for making me drool over nothing  :lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #1593 on: November 16, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »

I do remember that and will never forgive Guy for making me drool over nothing  :lol

Are you sure that song was dropped? I always assumed it was "Too Far from the Clyde".

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1594 on: November 16, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »

Are you sure that song was dropped? I always assumed it was "Too Far from the Clyde".

It was a song titled "Bonfire's night", you might remember when Guy accidentally revealed the titles of some unreleased tracks in a contest in its diary, and someone asked him about it in the old forum.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1595 on: November 16, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »
Bonfire Night.

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1596 on: November 16, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »
I always thought Guy said that the 'loud' song was 'Cleaning my gun'
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #1597 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
yes I always thought that too

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1598 on: November 16, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
I would quite like Mark to get back to the country rocker from the OES/Hillbillies/Chet days.  Personally I think that style suits him, but most of all I like it!  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1599 on: November 17, 2017, 07:58:45 AM »
yes I always thou gfght that too

No, it was bonfire night.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1600 on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:30 PM »
yes I always thou gfght that too

No, it was bonfire night.

I confirm that the song remained unreleased.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1601 on: November 20, 2017, 11:02:27 PM »

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #1602 on: November 21, 2017, 01:14:35 AM »
If RB is on tour with Neil in 2018, 2 comments - I live in that part of the world, but wont be seeing him and secondly its going to be the only time RB will visit Australia as its not like MK visits this part of the world (for whatever reason).  Does anyone know Neil's set list structure?  Are they static night after night or does he do a Bruce and ANYTHING can get played??
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1603 on: November 21, 2017, 10:05:54 AM »
If RB is on tour with Neil in 2018, 2 comments - I live in that part of the world, but wont be seeing him and secondly its going to be the only time RB will visit Australia as its not like MK visits this part of the world (for whatever reason).  Does anyone know Neil's set list structure?  Are they static night after night or does he do a Bruce and ANYTHING can get played??
https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/neil-diamond-bd6bd42.html

:wave

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #1604 on: November 21, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
Wow, typically 28 or so tracks, that sounds like “The Boss” concert durations!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 40 queries.