Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 613612 times)

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #2430 on: July 26, 2018, 10:57:19 AM »
One can only imagine how tough it might be for Guy to be kept working on these projects for SO long. It seems to be a pretty hermetic, not to say klaustrophobic matter to be alone there with Mark most of the time. Of course working on a Musical with so many people involved is pretty demanding and new to them. But Boy they could have made two regular solo albums in that amount of time.. to he honest, I hope for the best but expect the worst... Do you really think that this over long time frame will result in an album where you really can say that it was worth the wait?

LE

I can imagine that the unusually long time for a project is not only very tiring for us but also for MK/GF.
I remember MK stating that this dragging process is a reason MK isn't that fond of writing/recording soundtracks.
I think MK would have declined the idea of a musical involvment if it hadn't been about his most successful soundtrack.
On the other hand, the challenge of composing a musical is a new one for him and as a creative artist he might want to try his hand on such a work of art, too.

Love Expresso

« Reply #2431 on: July 26, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »
Agree.

I remember many members saying over the last couple of years (myself included), that they would prefer MK breaking out of the then usual 2-year-schedule and take more time for an album and come up with a real gem or classic. Here's some hope that the got deeper into song exploration than usually.

LE

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #2432 on: July 26, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
I secretly hope that this paralyzingly long time between his last album & tour and this one will motivate him to speed up things with future projects once this upcoming tour is over.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #2433 on: July 26, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »
Unusually long? There were 6 years between Brothers in Arms and On Every Street, and 5 years between that and Golden Heart.

The long periods are fine with me. I have no lack of music to listen to (be it Mark's or someone else's), and I'm super glad that when he does come out with something, it's always good IMO.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2434 on: July 26, 2018, 02:27:31 PM »
Agree.

I remember many members saying over the last couple of years (myself included), that they would prefer MK breaking out of the then usual 2-year-schedule and take more time for an album and come up with a real gem or classic. Here's some hope that the got deeper into song exploration than usually.

LE

He took a year to rest, until September 2016 that went back to the studio to work in the musical, and in parallel, when the musical gave them free spots, in the next solo album.

I said that it was a very productive period except for the 2015-2016 year...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #2435 on: August 14, 2018, 01:25:22 PM »
Agree.

LE

Yes, into the songs for the musical, LOL

Sorry for the joke, I remember you don't like the idea of the musical, that seems is keeping MK very busy since quite a long and will keep him busy until next year when it's premiered.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #2436 on: August 18, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »
Agree.

LE

Sorry for the joke, I remember you don't like the idea of the musical, that seems is keeping MK very busy since quite a long and will keep him busy until next year when it's premiered.

I'm on LE's team, I think this musical is an energy and time drainer.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2437 on: August 18, 2018, 03:17:40 PM »
Agree.

LE

Never liked musicals, but am happy to be proven wrong by Mr. Knopfler

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #2438 on: August 18, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »
I don't discard that possibility. I might love it.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #2439 on: August 23, 2018, 03:30:34 PM »
Agree.

LE

Same here. There's not much in the world that I generally hate more than musicals, but there's also not much that I love more than MK.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2440 on: August 23, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
Agree.

LE

Same here. There's not much in the world that I generally hate more than musicals, but there's also not much that I love more than MK.

I don't like musicals either, but I have booked my seat at Edinburgh and I am hoping for the best.   It will be interesting to see how LH transfers to the stage in any case.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #2441 on: August 23, 2018, 05:17:45 PM »
Agree.

LE

I don't like musicals either, but I have booked my seat at Edinburgh and I am hoping for the best.   It will be interesting to see how LH transfers to the stage in any case.   :)

I'm interested in anything Mark produces with the level of excitment varying according to the product. Normally a new album hits 10 out of 10 in my scale but the delay has lowered it quite a bit. As for the musical it's sitting at about 3, just like it was when I first heard about it. Still Mark though so the excitment is there and I'm more than happy to be pleasantly surprised if that's the case.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #2442 on: August 24, 2018, 10:41:05 PM »
Go and see Chicago.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2443 on: August 25, 2018, 08:15:49 AM »
Go and see Chicago.

Has MK any involvement in it?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #2444 on: August 25, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
Go and see Chicago.

Has MK any involvement in it?

It is good enough to avoid the need of any MK flavour inside.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 40 queries.