Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 613991 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2016, 08:53:51 PM »
Actually... For all lucky people (like me) with tickets to one of the three only Eric Clapton dates in London next year, it would be simply amazing that MK would do live dates next year and he plays after Eric, so I can attend two shows in a row at the RAH!!!!

any rumours of EC playing more concerts in Europe??? A little off topic, i know.... :wave

Who knows... The RAH shows were announced as the only ones in the UK for 2017, but the rest of the world was not excluded by that sentence  :lol :lol :lol :lol

ROW in EC terms often means Japan and/or New-York.
And if at last it is continental Europe it will be more northern Europe & Germany.

Eric has announced it some years back and applied his "semi retirement", no more big tours anymore since 2007 but short runs only.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »

And if at last it is continental Europe it will be more northern Europe & Germany.

Eric has announced it some years back and applied his "semi retirement", no more big tours anymore since 2007 but short runs only.

Mark should do mini tours these days.  Looking at performances on the GH tour in '96 I think it benefited from being a mini tour and the fact the concerts were the longest ever is no coincidence.  I tend to think these days Mark is pacing himself for the tour. 

Also, who says you must be bringing out an album to tour?  Mark has been around so long and has built up such a loyal fanbase and back catalogue that he could tour at any moment and should probably do a mini tour every year just to keep his hand in.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »

Mark should do mini tours these days.  Looking at performances on the GH tour in '96 I think it benefited from being a mini tour and the fact the concerts were the longest ever is no coincidence.  I tend to think these days Mark is pacing himself for the tour. 

Also, who says you must be bringing out an album to tour?  Mark has been around so long and has built up such a loyal fanbase and back catalogue that he could tour at any moment and should probably do a mini tour every year just to keep his hand in.
He was 20 years younger in 96, so I guess that's the reason.

He would go on annual mini tours if he wanted to. But he likes to be with his family, make music and work in the studio too. And he is running a business where the recordsales are financing the tours. He just lives the life he wants. Who wouldn't if they could?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »
I'm still alive...

You don´t know what going fishing means, do you?

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/forums/topic/live-dates/

Guy's answer:

Hard for me to answer right now. I can tell you one thing, I’m in Bill woman’s house band (on Hammond) for his birthday concert on Friday 28th Oct and Mark will be joining us

G

I guess he means Bill Wyman

http://billwyman.com/2016/06/bill-wyman-80th-birthday-gala-planned-for-bluesfest-london/

MK is on the concert poster  :) Anyone attending??
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
I'm still alive...

You don´t know what going fishing means, do you?

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/forums/topic/live-dates/

Guy's answer:

Hard for me to answer right now. I can tell you one thing, I’m in Bill woman’s house band (on Hammond) for his birthday concert on Friday 28th Oct and Mark will be joining us

G

I guess he means Bill Wyman

http://billwyman.com/2016/06/bill-wyman-80th-birthday-gala-planned-for-bluesfest-london/

MK is on the concert poster  :) Anyone attending??

What a disappointment if this is all it was.  Is this all he's going to do now?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »
This concert is just 1 separate thing i think (maybe it's one of the exciting projects, i hope not...)  ;D

It's a fact that they are working in the studio and that there is a band session next week. And maybe live dates for 2017, but Guy didn't answer that question.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2016, 07:41:55 PM »
This concert is just 1 separate thing i think (maybe it's one of the exciting projects, i hope not...)  ;D

It's a fact that they are working in the studio and that there is a band session next week. And maybe live dates for 2017, but Guy didn't answer that question.

I assumed the band session would be practice for the gig?  As you say though, Guy has been very cagey.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »

I assumed the band session would be practice for the gig?  As you say though, Guy has been very cagey.

Makes me wonder if he did any band session for the festival gig he did in july this year??
Personal i'm thinking they are working on something more and that live dates will follow for 2017. Like Guy said before, tours are planned far before they start. If they were going on tour Guy for sure already knows were and when  but he is not allowed to say ofcource that is why he is saying it is hard for him to answer that question right now. He can not say anything about it.... No i would say new album next year with a tour that will start in the US and Europe after that... :lol :clap :wave

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »
Yes, they rehearsed a couple of days at BG before the History festival gig.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
I can not believe there is a band session for JUST the Bill Wyman gig in a few days. Given the hints clues Guy has been giving, there has to be something more. Maybe it is not just for the gig, but just like the Dylan tour they went straight into the studio for a couple of weeks following, the same will apply and some new songs, tunes will start to gestate. Me thinks November, studio, recording et al. New Year, tweaks, mixing, and so forth. Hopefully something new to listen to for 2017 besides Guy's new elpee. My humble thoughts.  :D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »
The band session has nothing to do with the Bill Wyman show. Are two completely different things.

Guy mentions the Wyman concert because we asked him about next "tour dates" planned and that gig is the only thing he can talk about.

The exciting project they are working on, and possible tour dates, he cannot mention about it yet.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2016, 06:27:46 PM »
I would opt to "Guy is not at liberty to say yet" but only an opinion.

But if so, a tour being already planned, tickets are not on sale yet and normally we should be aware of them.

Album in 2017 and tour in 2018 "as usual"?
Divided in European spring leg and US fall leg  :think

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2016, 08:00:16 PM »
All the road running CD and tour were announced in a very short time and, if you think about it, as long as venues and the band are booked, there is no reason to put tickets on sale half a year before...

The rare is when tickets go on sale so soon, you never know what would happen six months later, so maybe you bought tickets and something happens in that six months that make it impossible to attend.

When tickets go on sale two months before the tour starts, you kind of know for sure if you can't go or not...

Dylan fall tour on 2011 was announced in July if I recall well and tour started on October...

Between 2 and 4 months are enough, and lately we are buying tickets before we even have the new album so very easily on February a record release date and tickets on sale can be announced for April (the CD) and May (the tour).

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2016, 08:16:11 PM »
All the road running CD and tour were announced in a very short time and, if you think about it, as long as venues and the band are booked, there is no reason to put tickets on sale half a year before...

The rare is when tickets go on sale so soon, you never know what would happen six months later, so maybe you bought tickets and something happens in that six months that make it impossible to attend.

When tickets go on sale two months before the tour starts, you kind of know for sure if you can't go or not...

Dylan fall tour on 2011 was announced in July if I recall well and tour started on October...

Between 2 and 4 months are enough, and lately we are buying tickets before we even have the new album so very easily on February a record release date and tickets on sale can be announced for April (the CD) and May (the tour).

What about the Golden Heart tour?  Didn't the album come out around the same time the tour started, or have I got my dates mixed up?  In any event, the BIA and OES tours both started before their respective albums were released.  To be honest, I've always found it rather puzzling that an established artist like Mark should have to wait a whole year after the album has been released before going on tour.  Talk about cautious!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2016, 08:33:07 PM »
ATTR was a very short duetting tour.

For Dylan although being advertised as a double bill it was actually a Dylan tour where Mark was invited joining on.

So speaking of MK standard solo tour, only the GH tour (20 years ago) was different and remember that the album release was a one year delayed.

Every MK solo tour ever since (seven in a row) saw ticketing sale on the fall preceding the year toured.

The stats regarding MK solo speak for me.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 38 queries.