Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615428 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »

A kind of summary of what "we know":

- MK and Guy had been in the studio more or less since September working together
- A band session took place, we don´t know from how long, and who was in that band sessions
- "Playtime Deluxe", according Guy is not a clue of what is this project about
- "lot of good things coming" according to Guy, so, looks that we can expect various releases or one with a variety of items
- The Henrik Hansen documentary is one of those things
- That lot of things will happen not before 2017, or at least the announcement, but whatever happens, will be before 2018, according to Guy
- Powers beyond Guy and MK prevent them to tell anything about the project, so, other people (VIP artists, record companies etc) looks like are involved
- Van Morrison is not one of those possible people, or maybe is, as Guy stated he didn´t went to BG lately, but they had interesting moments while the Wyman 80th birthday concert
- Guy didn´t denied that Clapton or/and Emmylou Harris are involved, but it doesn´t mean they are... Guy sometimes ignore to answers certain parts of the questions
- MK wrote all the songs that had to be with the project, and according Guy, he´s already giving us too much. The question he was answered included "collaboration/all star band" in the sentence, so some of the dots start to make a line about this chance...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #286 on: December 17, 2016, 07:28:07 PM »
... And you know that is said that love and hate are more or less the same, or that ones leads to the other  :lol

In MK's fans case I would not go that far.

Just wishes or hopes that are not fulfilled.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #287 on: December 17, 2016, 09:38:16 PM »
If one don't mind someone moans, I suppose one shouldn't mind if someone moans about moaners either. It is just the same. The one just shows the love in this case (or hate, whatever - it is just the same as it's mentioned) only in mysterious ways...
 :hmm
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #288 on: December 17, 2016, 11:24:55 PM »
It takes love over gold.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2016, 12:02:19 AM »
It takes love over gold.

Love Over Moan ;D

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2016, 12:36:54 AM »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2016, 10:50:52 AM »

A kind of summary of what "we know":

- MK and Guy had been in the studio more or less since September working together
- A band session took place, we don´t know from how long, and who was in that band sessions
- "Playtime Deluxe", according Guy is not a clue of what is this project about
- "lot of good things coming" according to Guy, so, looks that we can expect various releases or one with a variety of items
- The Henrik Hansen documentary is one of those things
- That lot of things will happen not before 2017, or at least the announcement, but whatever happens, will be before 2018, according to Guy
- Powers beyond Guy and MK prevent them to tell anything about the project, so, other people (VIP artists, record companies etc) looks like are involved
- Van Morrison is not one of those possible people, or maybe is, as Guy stated he didn´t went to BG lately, but they had interesting moments while the Wyman 80th birthday concert
- Guy didn´t denied that Clapton or/and Emmylou Harris are involved, but it doesn´t mean they are... Guy sometimes ignore to answers certain parts of the questions
- MK wrote all the songs that had to be with the project, and according Guy, he´s already giving us too much. The question he was answered included "collaboration/all star band" in the sentence, so some of the dots start to make a line about this chance...

Right with add that not will be Straits things.
IMO Guy had started too early to talk about this project.
IMO all people that follow MK deserve more respect because here not there are teenagers that waiting a kiss from his hero for starting tears and screams.
Here suppose  fans,  that love Mark for his  way to create great music.
I don't understand how they treat us,  just I don't understand.
Bye

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:35:35 PM by straitsway75 »

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2016, 07:24:46 PM »

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #293 on: December 19, 2016, 04:00:45 AM »
There is a fine line between moaning and having a frustrated vent....

For example, right now I'm on shuffle on my iPod and Broken Bones came on from Paris.  Was Broken Bones really the best choice for a tour opener?...its arguably a weak song off the album, the type of song that MK would never normally wheel out and subject a live audience to.  Plus if it was at the request of a band member, I think this song may be on prescription from the good Doctor...

I think people are frustrated by what they see as wasted tour potential...they know what MK can do, his creativity, his song writing and playing....yes he isn't a risk taker and likes to play and do what he knows repeatedly, but people are struck with questions of "Why??" and "Ahhhhh!" and general frustration when it comes to setlists and song choices in general....
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »

I think people are frustrated by what they see as wasted tour potential...they know what MK can do, his creativity, his song writing and playing....yes he isn't a risk taker and likes to play and do what he knows repeatedly, but people are struck with questions of "Why??" and "Ahhhhh!" and general frustration when it comes to setlists and song choices in general....

Agree with you 100 %.
I for sure for a long time asked my self:
Why not Silvertown Blues, So Far From The Clyde, Redbut Tree, Yon Two Crows, Long Cool Girl, Beryl, Taormina, Terminal of Tribute, River Towns, 5.15 AM in the setlist. Some he did give try for a few times. But imo MK has the gift to what i think are his best songs from a (new) album to keep them away from the setlist as far as even possible, tour after tour..............
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 11:37:12 AM by cannibals »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #295 on: December 19, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »

For example, right now I'm on shuffle on my iPod and Broken Bones came on from Paris.  Was Broken Bones really the best choice for a tour opener?...its arguably a weak song off the album, the type of song that MK would never normally wheel out and subject a live audience to.  Plus if it was at the request of a band member, I think this song may be on prescription from the good Doctor...

I agree. As an old saying goes, there is no smoke without fire. And the most important — you can still love Mark and his music, but moan at the same time. When I read something like "go listen other artist", to me it's as ridiculous as "go to other parents".

I for sure for a long time asked my self:
Why not Silvertown Blues, So Far From The Clyde, Redbut Tree, Yon Two Crows, Long Cool Girl, Beryl, Taormina, Terminal of Tribute, River Towns, 5.15 AM in the setlist. Some he did give try for a few times. But imo MK has the gift to what i think are his best songs from a (new) album to keep them away from the setlist as far as even possible, tour after tour..............

Stage is not studio and many songs are simply too demanding for Mark/Band Members. I mean things like different tuning, different instruments, already occupied musician, not everything is possible on stage. Also, Mark seems to have a real trouble nowadays singing high vocal lines, so it have an effect, too.

By the way, "Tracker" is the lowest Mark's album in the voice department, surely his voice starts to go down more, which I like.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
Is anyone really in the hopes that Van Morrison, Eric Clapton or Emmy Harris are to be featured in the new album? Doubt it. In my opinion it's gonna be same old same old - which is not necessarily bad.

Let's face the music, guys. Mark's still a genius but he's also a grumpy old man. He does what he wants, when he wants and the way he wants. The new album will probably be high quality stuff as usual but he's not gonna move out of his comfort zone. As long as it's as good as Get Lucky, Privateering and Tracker I'm a happy man though.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #297 on: December 19, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »
 :thumbsup
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #298 on: December 19, 2016, 10:16:45 PM »

By the way, "Tracker" is the lowest Mark's album in the voice department, surely his voice starts to go down more, which I like.
[/quote]
 :thumbsup
When I look closer I come to the same. I believe it is the main what makes Tracker different.

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2016, 02:13:29 PM »
No Tour in 2017- - all but confirmed in Richard Bennet's diary...

Sad....

:(

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.