Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615135 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #660 on: April 19, 2017, 11:53:44 AM »
If this project is just a regular album the only explanation for the delay that I can think of is Mark wanting to revisit the recordings after bumping into some new equipment or tech. It must be something different. Two months ago I thought that was gonna be album + documentary but now it better be something else - a good thing, of course. God forbid but I got a little scared after seeing Clapton in a wheelchair last week.

It is known that is not just a regular album.

Just like the last tour wasn't a regular tour - it was the best tour they ever did!  Guy has a certain way with words. Was he specific at all?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #661 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:13 PM »
If this project is just a regular album the only explanation for the delay that I can think of is Mark wanting to revisit the recordings after bumping into some new equipment or tech. It must be something different. Two months ago I thought that was gonna be album + documentary but now it better be something else - a good thing, of course. God forbid but I got a little scared after seeing Clapton in a wheelchair last week.

Just like the last tour wasn't a regular tour - it was the best tour they ever did!  Guy has a certain way with words. Was he specific at all?

He refered at whatever they are doing as a "very exciting project", and sometimes like "different".

A regular album wouldnt be a more exciting project than previous albums or won´t be different than doing a MK album, and, he can't say a word about it not because of him or because MK, so, there is something related to this that makes it different than just a regular album...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #662 on: April 19, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »

Not really. He always says it's different and better and more exciting and blah blah blah. I'm hoping for something different but prefer to keep my expectations low.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #663 on: April 19, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
I hope 45 pages of speculation hasn't built up our expectations too much.  We now have thoughts of a significant, out of the ordinary album with superstar guests and DVD extras etc.  Guy is probably having a great laugh reading this!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #664 on: April 19, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
I hope 45 pages of speculation hasn't built up our expectations too much.  We now have thoughts of a significant, out of the ordinary album with superstar guests and DVD extras etc.  Guy is probably having a great laugh reading this!

Right... I'm not a big fan of this whole situation. After Guy stated that "Tracker" will be FULL of EXPERIMENTS, you thought IT would be something drastically different, but it turned out to be a rather "regular" Mark's album. The only experiments apparently was with the mics in the studio. So whatever Guy tells us you can divide it by 10. Not everyone's a winner here, because fans can be disappointed and Mark seems careless. And I don't think that artist "leaking" the news nowadays is such a big deal.

Some time ago I posted the news in the General Discussion forum about Fleet Foxes releasing the new album. And their frontman, guitar player and songwriter Robin Pecknold is extremely active with his audience, posting album snippets/teasers, photos from the studio, ect, he even answers some of the comments. Sometimes I think that Mark would do the same if there was Instagram back in 1970s.

Now, when nobody says nothing, you automatically start expecting something EPIC. You heard all the crazy experiments on Tracker album? Now you'll get an album you never heard before, because nobody talks about it. I can't say more, but it will be so crazy you better sit down for this!

Bottom line, I think some of the links here gone bad. I know, that there IS a way to make it so you wouldn't expose too much and still remain in a mystery. But exposing too much is bad and too much mystery... is also bad. We need some kind of the golden mean.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #665 on: April 19, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »

Right... I'm not a big fan of this whole situation. After Guy stated that "Tracker" will be FULL of EXPERIMENTS, you thought IT would be something drastically different, but it turned out to be a rather "regular" Mark's album. The only experiments apparently was with the mics in the studio. So whatever Guy tells us you can divide it by 10. Not everyone's a winner here, because fans can be disappointed and Mark seems careless. And I don't think that artist "leaking" the news nowadays is such a big deal.

Some time ago I posted the news in the General Discussion forum about Fleet Foxes releasing the new album. And their frontman, guitar player and songwriter Robin Pecknold is extremely active with his audience, posting album snippets/teasers, photos from the studio, ect, he even answers some of the comments. Sometimes I think that Mark would do the same if there was Instagram back in 1970s.

Now, when nobody says nothing, you automatically start expecting something EPIC. You heard all the crazy experiments on Tracker album? Now you'll get an album you never heard before, because nobody talks about it. I can't say more, but it will be so crazy you better sit down for this!

Bottom line, I think some of the links here gone bad. I know, that there IS a way to make it so you wouldn't expose too much and still remain in a mystery. But exposing too much is bad and too much mystery... is also bad. We need some kind of the golden mean.

That's the very reason why I believe the delay is due to new tech/equipment. They value that very much, those 'experiments'. They are probably playing around with mics, amps, guitars, tapes and softwares. They have all the time in the world, no need for rushing in the studio  ;D

I still think the documentary will come out along with the album though. As long as there's plenty of live performances I'm happy to wait. And I do reckon there will be special guests in the project but also that they're not related to the delay.

I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #666 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:12 PM »
Personally, I'm  starting to feel bored about this "secrecy".

Not only can't be reveal what they are doing but also is not possible to say if there is any dateline for it...

And well, I like some of the Disney movies but I'm not sure if it was I would expect from MK...

Love Expresso

« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
Maybe it comes from your daily activity on this subject...
It's perfectly fine with me to know that we can expect something new... No need for speculating and chewing on the same stuff all the time.

LE
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:27:35 AM by Love Expresso »

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2017, 10:10:31 AM »
Maybe it comes from your daily activity on this subject...
It's perfectly fine with me to know that we can expect something new... No need for speculating and chewing on the same stuff all the time.

LE

There is very little of my interest about MK these days  :lol :lol :lol :lol

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
A very long shot, but could MK be the one to do this....

It would explain every facet of this whole saga, at least to my mind.

"In an interview with Collider.com, Reiner said he had previously approached Hairspray Tony winner Marc Shaiman, as well as Oscar winner Randy Newman and even Grammy winner John Mayer to write songs for the production; however, none of the songwriters took the project on. "It really requires finding the right composer," he said"

Full link below:

http://www.playbill.com/article/rob-reiner-says-he-still-wants-to-see-a-princess-bride-stage-musical-com-326627

X
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:58:17 PM by Millionaire Blues »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #670 on: April 20, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »

"In an interview with Collider.com, Reiner said he had previously approached Hairspray Tony winner Marc Shaiman, as well as Oscar winner Randy Newman and even Grammy winner John Mayer to write songs for the production; however, none of the songwriters took the project on. "It really requires finding the right composer," he said"

Full link below:

http://www.playbill.com/article/rob-reiner-says-he-still-wants-to-see-a-princess-bride-stage-musical-com-326627

X

Could be, but I really hope not.    This wouldn't excite me at all!   

I wonder why MK's music for The Princess Bride wasn't mentioned in the article as it was such an important part of the film.    :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #671 on: April 20, 2017, 04:49:17 PM »

Full link below:

X

Wow, pretty plausible, especially after dropping names like Newman and Mayer. Sting not too long ago did a musical and it was great.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #672 on: April 20, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »

Full link below:

X

Wow, pretty plausible, especially after dropping names like Newman and Mayer. Sting not too long ago did a musical and it was great.

If you mean "The Last Ship" I seem to remember it losing a lot of money, even when Sting stepped in personally to rescue it on Broadway.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #673 on: April 20, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »
I had the feeling that it could be something like that...

But I prefer to be a different play than the princess bride...

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:11 PM »
Mark recorded something with Tommy Emmanuel today.

Source: facebook TE.
(Thanks holaknopfler for sharing;))

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 41 queries.