Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 602047 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1155 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »
On his last 2 tours announcements were made in September for concerts in May/June the following year. Will we get lucky this month  :think
To be honest  :disbelief but there is always hope.  ;D

I don't think there is going to be any tour announcement...

As things are happening, I'd say that MK is going to work in parallel in finish the musical, sorry, the secret project and his solo album until March 2018, then probably the secret project is going to have him busy as anything that might happen would be between April and July, that's why McCusker is going to be on tour in June/July 2018, the record would be out in September, with a North American tour happening in Fall 2018 and a European one in Spring/Summer 2019.

Let's put this way

- Until March 2018, finishing the album and the secret project
- April/July 2018, the secret project
- September 2018, album release
- October/November/December, North American Tour
- March-August 2019, European Tour

This schedule makes sense to me, specially when we know the secret project might demand a certain MK presence.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1156 on: September 13, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
On his last run true the US official news for dates over there was in january with concerts taking place in okt/nov. No tournews before the end of january next year probably means no MK Tour in 2018....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1157 on: September 15, 2017, 01:47:36 PM »
I know where you are coming from but I think it is important to say that these are not quotations from Guy but your own words. It very fast gets a life of it's own, especially at places like AMIT...

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1158 on: September 15, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
I know where you are coming from but I think it is important to say that these are not quotations from Guy but your own words. It very fast gets a life of it's own, especially at places like AMIT...

LE

so did he tell us something new in these 12 months ?

They are probably working on a musical (see the other topic about the secret project). They are working on 2 projects (one is a new MK album, the other is still secret)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1159 on: September 15, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »

LE

so did he tell us something new in these 12 months ?

They are probably working on a musical (see the other topic about the secret project). They are working on 2 projects (one is a new MK album, the other is still secret)

Yes I know, I read Guy Forum almost every day, I was asking what was wrong about writing that Guy Fletcher has not told us anything new on the new MK album in the last 12 months

Nobody said that it was wrong. LE told you that it are not Guy's words (but your own), but you wrote it down like these are Guy's quotes.

BTW, 1 year ago we didn't knew that they are working on a new MK album. Guy told us about a new MK album not so long ago.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:32:25 PM by Dutchessy »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1160 on: September 15, 2017, 02:53:51 PM »
You can check the first pages of this long thread and see for yourself. September 2016 is discussed on page 1-3. Guy said that he and MK are in the studio. But he didn't say what they were doing. He didn't mentioned a new MK album back then.

If you think he did say, please show me what, where and when.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1161 on: September 15, 2017, 03:47:38 PM »
"Quotation mark" is the key .. You made it look like you were quoting him... it's a purely formal thing.. it has nothing to do with when where who and what...
If you still don't understand get informed about how to quote correctly if you don't mind...

Boy oh boy... I swear I will never say something like this again...  :smack :smack

LE

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #1162 on: September 15, 2017, 03:58:58 PM »
"you never know" GF 2018. When asked if any chance of a MK EC collaboration in the next 18 months.  :think

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1163 on: September 15, 2017, 04:50:38 PM »
"you never know" GF 2018. When asked if any chance of a MK EC collaboration in the next 18 months.  :think

Oh man, I really don't wanna speculate on it cos that's my dream album. Really. I'd have a heart attack for sure.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #1164 on: September 15, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
you know this is not a legal proceeding where every word must be 101% accurate

"MK and I are back in the studio" always means a new album

if to you it means they are playing chess at the BG studio or anything you like you are free to think what you prefer

What's so hard about admitting Dutchessy is right? If you don't care about 100% accuracy, why the discussion? I'm here for all the interesting MK stuff and great members with a great vibe, let's keep it positive! ;)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1165 on: September 15, 2017, 07:45:26 PM »

if to you it means they are playing chess at the BG studio or anything you like you are free to think what you prefer

What's so hard about admitting Dutchessy is right? If you don't care about 100% accuracy, why the discussion? I'm here for all the interesting MK stuff and great members with a great vibe, let's keep it positive! ;)

He deleted all his posts (again). He did the same with his old account (Pensaboy).

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1166 on: September 15, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »

He deleted all his posts (again). He did the same with his old account (Pensaboy).

it's impossible to discuss without being attacked by different people and angles who require you to do this and that, wth.
just not interested in this kind of forum.
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1167 on: September 15, 2017, 08:14:27 PM »

it's impossible to discuss without being attacked by different people and angles who require you to do this and that, wth.

Please look into the mirror. Maybe it's an language thing or something, but you quoted things that Guy had never said. So it's just not true. That's what i told you. Just stop discussing about it. And you are more than welcome here on this forum.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1168 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »
September half over indeed and still no news from Guy. He gave the prospect of news and a diary entry when the August holidays were over... now he said the session would take place in "a couple of weeks" (blimey, those quotation marks again..)... so maybe nothing will happen in September.

About Eric, I really hope for a surprise -  that it would NOT be a musical.. but some other project with a lot of guests like the Killers... Tommy Emmanuel and..  why not... Eric Clapton... I would however prefer a "proper" MK solo album with not too many guests.. guests hopefully many on the secret thing!  :thumbsup

LE

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1169 on: September 15, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »

Please look into the mirror. Maybe it's an language thing or something, but you quoted things that Guy had never said. So it's just not true. That's what i told you. Just stop discussing about it. And you are more than welcome here on this forum.

yes Guy did say that they were working on the new album, he often deletes a lot of messages and it was one of these.

if you check there's also a huge hole of 1 month and a half in his forum.

if you and others don't remember it's not my fault.

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 43 queries.