Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 615216 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1410 on: October 20, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
Quite logical about the drums but maybe it had to do with Guy telling us about three drum kits and because of that a little dreaming of a drum duel..  :lol

LE

That would be fantastic, LOL

Apparently, to have three drum kits set up at the same time would be in order to pursue the perfect sound for the perfect song, you know  ;D ;D :lol :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1411 on: October 20, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »
I like the folk blokes very much but I also prefer them to show up here and there doing bits and pieces rather than lead parts. Maybe in one or two songs they are given the opportunity to shine but generally speaking I like it better when they take the back seat while Mark does the talking.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1412 on: October 21, 2017, 08:30:48 AM »
Tommy Emmanuel finally announced his duets album with MK in the track, written by MK that we already know.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Tommy-Emmanuel-Announces-Accomplice-One-Duets-Album-20171020

The relevant thing to this topic is that MK or TE said that MK accepted to play in Tommy's record if he played in one or two of the MK's song too, so apparently Tommy would be in next MK album.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #1413 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:30 AM »
Thank you jbaent for the news about the duets. Sometimes I feel as if these duets or guest playing is done just for the publicity, or for a boost of sales, by bringing a well known artist in to play. It has been quite sometime since I heard an MK collaboration that made me say: "wow, what a strike of genius to bring these two together". Of course Tommy Emmanuel is a different thing altogether, so I will wait for this with great hopes.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #1414 on: October 21, 2017, 09:28:30 AM »

And P gives a wonderful pre-taste! Thanks P!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1415 on: October 21, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
The relevant thing to this topic is that MK or TE said that MK accepted to play in Tommy's record if he played in one or two of the MK's song too, so apparently Tommy would be in next MK album.

Yeah,this brings so much hope into it. Tommy is one of the artists who can turn everything he touches in gold, let alone turning what's already GOLD into... gold. So if they two would screw it up it would mean the end of the world, but it's unlikely. The lineup is awesome!

LOL thanks! The guitar is out of tune, what a rubbish on this one! I'm pretty sure the album version is completely different beast than all of our live versions. Mark probably would play the rhythm and Tommy as always coming up with as crazy solos as even possible.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:54:06 AM by quizzaciously »

Love Expresso

« Reply #1416 on: October 21, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
It is so great that Mark does collaborations.. shows that he is not too isolated... LOVE how he puts his trademark style on totally different artists, young and old.

We can be soo happy that he still is working AND touring and coming up with new stuff still instead of only recycling the old hits instead... He is 68 after all! We are truely blessed!

;D

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1417 on: October 21, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
It is so great that Mark does collaborations.. shows that he is not too isolated... LOVE how he puts his trademark style on totally different artists, young and old.

We can be soo happy that he still is working AND touring and coming up with new stuff still instead of only recycling the old hits instead... He is 68 after all! We are truely blessed!

;D

LE
See, its not that hard ;) hahaha

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

« Reply #1418 on: October 21, 2017, 11:28:14 AM »
"Guitar and vocal duet" .. so both will also sing on it. Nice.

LE

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1419 on: October 21, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
How do we know all the stuff we see in the diary is for a new MK album? Perhaps Guy also took some pictures when they were working on this secret project?? Or am i totaly wrong here ???

Offlinezeta

• Guitar George
« Reply #1420 on: October 21, 2017, 02:52:35 PM »
"I plan to finish this new record for myself that I’ve been chipping away at for so long.  I’ve done some more writing while on tour and will record these tunes, throw them on the pile already in the can, choose the best of it and finally get it all wrapped up.  I’ll also be recording with Mark Knopfler and really looking forward to that.  Some other odds and ends already coming in for sessions so I plan to keep busy through the autumn and winter months"

From Richard's new diary post - http://richard-bennett.com/blog/nashville/664-home-again-2

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1421 on: October 21, 2017, 03:11:01 PM »

Buddy, you are a legend! Jaw-dropping job! As someone who tried to emulate MK for years and years (success rate sitting at 2.49% lol) I know how hard it is to play that kind of stuff, let alone singing along with it. I was too busy drooling to notice any tuning issue.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1422 on: October 21, 2017, 03:14:54 PM »
"I plan to finish this new record for myself that I’ve been chipping away at for so long.  I’ve done some more writing while on tour and will record these tunes, throw them on the pile already in the can, choose the best of it and finally get it all wrapped up.  I’ll also be recording with Mark Knopfler and really looking forward to that.  Some other odds and ends already coming in for sessions so I plan to keep busy through the autumn and winter months"

From Richard's new diary post - http://richard-bennett.com/blog/nashville/664-home-again-2

As much as I like Richard I don't like this news. His absence made me believe the MK/EC collaboration was a possibility  :'(

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1423 on: October 21, 2017, 03:52:46 PM »
Buddy, you are a legend! Jaw-dropping job! As someone who tried to emulate MK for years and years (success rate sitting at 2.49% lol) I know how hard it is to play that kind of stuff, let alone singing along with it. I was too busy drooling to notice any tuning issue.

Thanks! Tommy plays a lots of songs like this, so it was easy to do for him I SUPPOSE. And for me too, because I played a lot of his stuff back in the day. It's not that hard except you have to come up with your own "coda" of course. And Tommy never plays this song the same twice. Legend!

As much as I like Richard I don't like this news. His absence made me believe the MK/EC collaboration was a possibility  :'(

I think Tommy might have spoiled it a little saying he recorded two songs with Mark. Because that's a really strong hint for a collaboration album with guests, maybe even with Eric Clapton, who knows. Collaboration album with new material only — that sounds so "MK" to me :think

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1424 on: October 21, 2017, 03:59:20 PM »
Tommy Emmanuel worked on this record for two years. Mark is faster  :wave
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 43 queries.