Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK and DS pictures  (Read 309047 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: MK and DS pictures
« Reply #1455 on: February 15, 2022, 09:51:06 AM »
Just look at Mark's hair, you can tell it isn't recent. His hair is usually a good guide for dating a photo.

Between GH and STP for sure.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1456 on: February 15, 2022, 09:54:58 AM »
Lol I never even said it's a wedding picture, I just said it seems banal to me to set the wedding day on Valentine's Day, but it's private life so whatever. But his wife also presumably a huge fan of "twiddly bits" in Sultans, so it all makes sense.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1457 on: February 15, 2022, 10:06:10 AM »
Lol I never even said it's a wedding picture, I just said it seems banal to me to set the wedding day on Valentine's Day, but it's private life so whatever. But his wife also presumably a huge fan of "twiddly bits" in Sultans, so it all makes sense.

As far as I recall, Bicknell said "MK was a romantic", related to the wedding date, when the piece of news about his wedding was post on MKNEWS site in 1997, so it always looked for me like it was MK's idea.

I also think that is weird they put on their social media a picture of their wedding, even being their 25th anniversay, I think that's private life after all.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1458 on: February 15, 2022, 10:09:45 AM »
That is a wedding picture, but not necessarily from the wedding itself. Looks like one of those pictures a photographer takes from they after or before the wedding.

They got married in Barbados on Valentine´s day as far as I remember. I also remember pictures from newspapers of them in that Island, walking by the beach.

Yes, you're right.  I was looking at the photo again and I'm sure it was taken shortly after the wedding in Barbados and the newspaper used the picture for Mark's 48th birthday in August.   In any case, Kitty was 6 months pregnant in August and she doesn't look as though she is in the picture.   The description I have of the wedding is that Kitty wore a white lace gown and Mark wore a cream suit.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1459 on: February 15, 2022, 10:17:47 AM »
That is a wedding picture, but not necessarily from the wedding itself. Looks like one of those pictures a photographer takes from they after or before the wedding.

They got married in Barbados on Valentine´s day as far as I remember. I also remember pictures from newspapers of them in that Island, walking by the beach.

Yes, you're right.  I was looking at the photo again and I'm sure it was taken shortly after the wedding in Barbados and the newspaper used the picture for Mark's 48th birthday in August.   In any case, Kitty was 6 months pregnant in August and she doesn't look as though she is in the picture.   The description I have of the wedding is that Kitty wore a white lace gown and Mark wore a cream suit.

I remember the pictures walking by the beach and she didn't look pregnant either.

Maybe that picture they just released was taken months before the actual wedding, that's usual. 

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1460 on: February 15, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »

I remember the pictures walking by the beach and she didn't look pregnant either.

Maybe that picture they just released was taken months before the actual wedding, that's usual.

No, she wasn't pregnant in February, but she would have been in August if the picture was taken for Mark's birthday.  So it had to have been taken shortly after the wedding.

This is what the newspaper says:

MARK'S BACK HOME WITH NEW BRIDE

"Dire Straits guitarist, Mark Knopfler, sports a City wideboy pin-striped suit to step out with new wife Kitty Aldridge.

The couple were celebrating Mark's 48th birthday in London.  It was their first night on the town since their honeymoon.  The millionaire rock star and third wife Kitty married on Valentine's Day in Barbados."

Newspapers!  - You can't believe a word they say!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:31:35 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1461 on: February 15, 2022, 10:30:00 AM »
No, she wasn't pregnant in February, but she would have been in August if the picture was taken for Mark's birthday.  So it had to have been taken shortly after the wedding.

This is what the newspaper says:

MARK'S BACK HOME WITH NEW BRIDE

"Dire Straits guitarist, Mark Knopfler, sports a City wideboy pin-striped suit to step out with new wife Kitty Aldridge.

The couple were celebrating Mark's 48th birthday in London.  It was their first night on the town since their honeymoon.  The millionaire rock star and third wife Kitty married on Valentine's Day in Barbados."

A friend of mine was pregnant recently and up until the 8th month, nobody would notice it. She even posted pictures and all! So I guess it depends. Anyway, that situation perfectly demonstrates that you do not want to know anything about the private life of your idols. In Russia, we have a saying that basically reads "everybody's masturbating as he wishes", no sexual context here, it just means that everybody lives their private life as they wish and nobody needs to comment on it, though it also means you don't want to announce it either...

In that regard, I think, my philosophy is pretty close to Englishmen with their extreme views on privacy.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1462 on: February 18, 2022, 07:12:56 PM »
Beaulieu 2002

Closest what you'll ever gonna get to Dire Straits reunion. But wait a minute, with Mark and John on stage this WAS Dire Straits reunion. But they had no balls to call it that, and went with Mark Knopfler and Friends instead, as if he had pints of beer with them on stage and not played music together.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1463 on: February 19, 2022, 08:15:47 AM »
MK did call it a DS reunion, but only afterwards. For a few years after when he would get the inevitable reunion question he would say they already did it for charity.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1464 on: February 19, 2022, 06:09:02 PM »
MK did call it a DS reunion, but only afterwards. For a few years after when he would get the inevitable reunion question he would say they already did it for charity.

In the end Dire Straits was MK JI AC and GF but AC was not at those charity concerts. Why was that?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1465 on: February 19, 2022, 11:50:51 PM »
Ask MK. Really Dire Straits was whatever he decided it was.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 05:27:33 PM by TheTimeWasWrong »

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #1467 on: February 21, 2022, 08:40:50 PM »
Great pics! Thanks, PensaGhost.  :wave
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #1468 on: February 21, 2022, 08:47:35 PM »
Great photos Thanks PensaGhost :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1469 on: February 21, 2022, 11:09:04 PM »
Beaulieu 2002

those are from that newspaper article that appeared recently right?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 36 queries.