Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK and DS pictures  (Read 308866 times)

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
Re: MK and DS pictures
« Reply #1575 on: July 12, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »

He looks exactly the same than in 2019, and I'm happy for that, he doesnt look worst, so, that's good.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pictures.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #1576 on: July 12, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »
Hmm Mark has gained a lot of weight. He doesn‘t look so fit. So I think julio is right with his gossip he heard from people which are close to MK.  :'(

He looks exactly the same than in 2019, and I'm happy for that, he doesnt look worst, so, that's good.

I have a friend living in Chelsea, not far from MK lives, and he said to me that is very usual to see MK and his wife walking by the street, doing sport, everyday. So looks like that's the way he's trying to be fit or at least control the weight.
Whatever sport he is doing, it's clearly not working...  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1577 on: July 12, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »
Hmm Mark has gained a lot of weight. He doesn‘t look so fit. So I think julio is right with his gossip he heard from people which are close to MK.  :'(

I have a friend living in Chelsea, not far from MK lives, and he said to me that is very usual to see MK and his wife walking by the street, doing sport, everyday. So looks like that's the way he's trying to be fit or at least control the weight.

Darts?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1578 on: July 12, 2022, 01:36:11 PM »

Darts?

LOL!     :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #1579 on: July 13, 2022, 08:28:08 PM »

Erm, what gossip?  ???

Anyway. I vaguely remember reading an interview with MK from a few years with him saying he was coming from a yoga-of sorts class on the day of the interview. Don't recall where I read it though...

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #1580 on: July 13, 2022, 08:54:24 PM »
I remember an interview from a few years ago where he mentioned doing Pilates. Don't know if he's still at it. But anyway, going for a walk with his wife is better than sitting on the couch.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1581 on: July 14, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »

Darts?

LOL

Sorry for my bad English, when I mean "Doing sport" I was refering to the walking thing, actually what he and his wife do is what we called in Spain "Walk very fast".

As long as my friend says, you can see them doing that all days more or less after lunch time around Kings Road in Chelsea.

I remember when he had the bike accident, he said he was fit because he had a personal trainer that went to his house to train him. Obviously he doesn't have that trainer anymore.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #1582 on: July 14, 2022, 02:15:22 PM »
Maybe he is doing "Nordic Walking", but im not sure. :think
We are fools to make war

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1583 on: July 14, 2022, 02:31:11 PM »

LOL

Sorry for my bad English, when I mean "Doing sport" I was refering to the walking thing, actually what he and his wife do is what we called in Spain "Walk very fast".

As long as my friend says, you can see them doing that all days more or less after lunch time around Kings Road in Chelsea.

I remember when he had the bike accident, he said he was fit because he had a personal trainer that went to his house to train him. Obviously he doesn't have that trainer anymore.
[/quote]

"Walk very fast" = power walking.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #1584 on: July 14, 2022, 03:11:55 PM »
He walks to the chippy!

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #1585 on: July 14, 2022, 03:38:33 PM »

Darts?

LOL

But he doesn't live there anymore, does he? He moved out of the city, right?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1586 on: July 14, 2022, 03:54:42 PM »

Darts?

LOL

His London home is near the Kings Road in Chelsea and his country residence is in Hampshire, near Beaulieu.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1587 on: July 14, 2022, 04:10:08 PM »

Darts?

LOL

He still lives in Chelsea.

And also has a house in New Forest, just in front of The Solent.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1588 on: July 16, 2022, 07:44:51 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf3yEUesEGA/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Is this not the guy he met in India 2005? And exchanged a guitar for some object I don't remember

Yes, and both met again in July 2019.

This guy is only Sachin Tendulkar - one of the most respected cricketers in the world of all time - in fact he is a legend!!
He is a keen MK fan and they both met and Sachin gave MK one of his bats and MK gave him a guitar!

https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/cricket-news/sachin-tendulkar-meets-dire-straits-frontman-mark-knopfler-salutes-sultan-of-swing-articleshow.html
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1589 on: July 16, 2022, 07:48:40 PM »
I’d driven my wife and 8 week old baby 600 miles to see him, and carted a guitar neck in the hope of getting him to sign it. I had to make a split second decision to stop him or not. I kind of felt it was a once in a lifetime thing, bumping into your hero in the street so I went for it.

He could have said no but he didn’t!

Whereas I travelled just 42 Miles to see him at Bridport and didn't even pluck up the courage to ask him as I just froze! - Ingrid did it instead!!! :lol :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 36 queries.