Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Eric Clapton at the Albert Hall  (Read 14204 times)

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
Re: Eric Clapton at the Albert Hall
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »
Roger Waters? When the support act was on stage, he first sat in Stalls G to the very left (next to stage), about row 7. After 2 songs they came down to row 1 which was still empty (a lot of people turn up only for EC at about 8:30pm) and he and the guy from ZZ Top were in row 1, just infront of me.
Then they left and returned later during the EC appearance.

When you have a ticket in the arena and you leave after the show and climb up the stairs to get out, then the guests for the aftershow usually come downstairs (from boxes) and you run into them. The aftershow is held in the bars downstairs.

But London is full of celebs, we're about to move to Belsize Park and I run into the wife of a very famous actor and comedian who is very big in the US at the moment. Our new neighbours...

Martina
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 04:51:44 PM by marky49 »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 06:49:22 PM »
just keep the stiff upper lip and you'll fit in just fine :-)
Dr. House.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
just keep the stiff upper lip and you'll fit in just fine :-)
Dr. House.
Pardon me?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »
lol, just kidding marky :-)
got my mail?

draad

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 08:21:12 PM »
Saw EC Saturday night, but unfortunately did not get time to meet Martina as arrived at RAH late and in the middle of the first act. First Clapton gig for me. I do know that there is meant to be but one God and that his name is Mark, but I now firmly believe that there are two Gods and that Eric is the other. The gig was a pure guitar fest! Every song appeared to have a great Eric guitar solo - some even had two. Highlights for me were "I shot the Sherrif" and a fantastic final song version of "Cocaine", that I just didn't want to end as it had the RAH really rocking.  EC didn't play a wrong note the whole night, and his playing seemed effortlessly and absolutely brilliant, and like our Mark, his voice seems to get better with the passing years. Wish I was as lucky as Martina and could see him again next week!

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
Well, I'm sure we can meet the next time, Arthur or come to the remaining EC gigs! Tomorrow is show #7...
I arrived at 8:25pm, EC came on stage 8:40pm and played for 2 hours.

I slightly disagree with you: there is only one God and that is EC! ;-) Sorry guys! MK has never been called God, you see?
EC is absolutely in great shape, looking very good and he is SLIM (little hint on MK here ;-).

EC gives the fans what they want, solo guitar playing at his best. MK has evolved that does not mean it's bad, actually I think it is great if a musician has the potential to evolve. But I want EC stay the same as always. My highlight is 'Old Love'. The last song was 'Crossroads', hope you haven't left too early??

BTW, there were a lot of photo cameras, but NO complains from EC. He just concentrated on his job!

Take care,
Martina

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 08:51:05 PM »
There is one show in Dimeadozen from this RAH concerts, the birthday of his aunt day

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=250451

Anyone found other shows from the RAH? And any soundboard from other date from this new part of his tour with the new band and the new set? I got one from Tokyo, broadcasted by Wowow tv, with Doyle Bramhall II and Abe Laboriel Jr in the band and a very "Dereck and the dominoes" set...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
so no searching from EC for video camera'S??
wonder if mark is gonna show up any of the nights.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »
thanks for the link julio

draad

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 11:13:15 PM »
Thankfully all our Gods may be different. Eric is a blues and guitar God. Mark is a more catholic guitar, storytelling and songwriting God - a much more complete God for me. However, based on last night's performance, if I was only into guitar, Eric couldn't be beaten by anyone, including Mark. Last song for me is when the band goes offstage first time - ie Cocaine last night. Stayed for Crossroads - old enough to remember it well! Afterwards popped into the Gore - wow -

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 11:34:10 PM »
Afterwards popped into the Gore - wow -

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 01:45:34 AM »
yep, the other fletch clearly stated there'll be no aussie, south american or asian tour, again...this time around...

Well maybe i`ll just have to fly over and catch one in Italy or something! :)

Any schedules or guestimates yet?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 09:45:34 AM »
Thankfully all our Gods may be different. Eric is a blues and guitar God. Mark is a more catholic guitar, storytelling and songwriting God - a much more complete God for me.

I completely agree with you Arthur.  I love EC playing blues, especially the Cream era and I am enjoying the concert with Steve Winwood very much, but lots of his music I don't like very much at all, eg his later albums such as Reptile, which was so dull I never listen to it.  He is, however a great guitarist, but there has to be more than that to be a complete god.   He isn't a prolific songwriter like MK and his songs just don't have the variety of styles and sensitivity that Mark's songs have, for me.

Martina,  EC may be slim, but I am afraid he doesn't have the sex appeal of MK!   Of course, everything is in the eye of the beholder!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 09:53:54 AM »
Of course EC is a great player, but all too often I feel his is falling into the same generic blues scales that he's been playing for 4e0 years. MK's choices when playing are much more interesting for me.

And tone wise, these days it's no contest. EC's strat tone is very thin and crappy sounding. If you compare it to his Les Paul tones or Crossroads at the Albert Hall with Cream on the 335 it's night and day.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:35 AM »
I was sure you wouldn't agree. Why? This is a MK forum! ;-) Members of EC forum say the same about MK! LOL

Anyway, EC is in great shape and looks sexy at his age. Boy oh boy, but I'm happily married! Just kidding :)
I saw EC last year with Steve Winwood in NYC and I even saw him a few times in Japan.

OK, enough EC from my side.  Off to Hay on Wye now and have to hurry back to see God at the Albert, night #7 awaiting.

All the best,
Martina

PS: Sorry Arthur, no spare tix

« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 11:23:44 AM by marky49 »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 42 queries.