Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About Get Lucky Limited Edition  (Read 149922 times)

Bad Bull

Re: About Get Lucky Limited Edition
« Reply #390 on: July 06, 2016, 04:47:39 PM »
Just decided to buy the Get Lucky Deluxe Box which is still available at Amazon Germany. Got it for 66 €. Some decisions take their time! :-)  It seems it was not too "limited" after all...
Next one on my radar: Privateering Box...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:00:07 PM by Bad Bull »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »
Wise decision it seems, even if it wasn't out of wisdom it was taken! :)  I got mine at the time of release for 80 Euros Euros. So a 14 Euro gain for you to buy the next box! The whole thing with limited editions is a bit peculiar. It obviously targets  (as in target group) the loyal fans, yet in order to manufacture it cheaper they do have to have bigger quantities. So it becomes sort of stock market, instead of supply and demand. The more they want it, the higher the price remains. When nobody wants it the price drops. Of course the price drop of this box is not considerable, like the Bob Dylan bootleg series limited editions (More than half priced), which if nothing else, makes me feel that I wasn't cheated when I bought it at the time of release. Anyway, happy spins!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Bad Bull

« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2016, 09:47:27 PM »
Hello and thank you.
It is shipped from Germany so it has not arrived yet. I hope to have the box in my hands at weekend.

I thought about the connection between album release, content, quality and Deluxe box. The feeling that a certain thinness of the album's content is tried to be somewhat replaced with Deluxe content. Any how great it would have been to have Deluxe Editions of the REALLY masterpieces, Sailing To Philadelphia and Ragpicker's Dream. Imagine the nice possible artwork with planes, and compass and everything.
Other artist's Deluxe Editions have real DELUXE content, and the word should be taken seriously. Luxury is everything above the usual. So some real complete live recordings, stuff from the vaults, unreleased or alternative stuff.etc...
Privateering: The tour had so many songs they played, a 3-CD-set with ALL songs played live on the tour etc. etc..

BUT the boxes look so great and they smell so good! In fact I don't even own a record player, but looking at and touching the vinyls is somewhat great.

EDIT: The great John Bratby painting of the Kill To Crimson album would also have made a PERFECT Deluxe box. Just imagine!

Hope to get the other two boxes within the next couple of months.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:00:33 PM by Bad Bull »

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #393 on: July 13, 2016, 07:20:32 AM »
Yes, the idea of Deluxe-luxurious boxes is lovely, provided they are indeed something special. Being a fan (trying to get everything they release)  of at least 5 musicians - bands, I have to say that all of them let me down a bit. Buying a deluxe edition for the extra songs and a nice book with info, or even a special print would be fine, but I fail to see the reason to put everything in a box twice or three times, thus paying 3 times (and probably more) the cost. (Pink Floyd did that with the immersion editions, on CD, DVD and Blue ray. The extras, books and prints were lovely, but the marbles and scurf were rather peculiar choices, more of excuses for the high price. And the design and quality of the box that hold the discs is rather bad, especially for products that are shipped worldwide without much care.) I also don't understand why 2-3 different editions with different extras have to be bought in order to have all the extra songs. (Tracker, Privateering and Get lucky did that, plus the extra songs exclusively by itunes and amazon...). It somehow defies the logic of a proper album to put extra songs (that sometimes are better from some on the standard release). And I wonder why MK that so strongly objects on deluxe Dire straits editions, (we all look for the demos and some live versions, that do exist) does just that at his solo adventures.  The only one that focused on content rather than paraphernalia, was Bob Dylan with his Bootleg series. But even there I fail to see how a compilation of out takes can be issued in single-double-triple CD versions and be considered deluxe. The offered material on the deluxe boxes is so much greater in volume than the standard release that renders it a completely different release. The last of the series went even further, and issued a double-6 discs-18 discs release with prices ranging from 20 (for the CD, 60 for the vinyl)  to 700 Euros!!!! And yes, I couldn't afford the 700 Euros edition. I will expect a price drop on the 6 disc edition though.   Anyway, that has more to do with marketing strategies rather than the music, but it somehow taints the music as well.

Having said all that, I am sure that you will enjoy it! By the way  ragpickers, Shangri-La  and kill to get Crimson have been issued on vinyl, (rRagpicker was a numbered limited edition, but Shangri La was also rather limited), so it would be lovely to have the first two on vinyl as well.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #394 on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:16 AM »
Hi all the Deluxe Box Edition owners, I wander if one of you might help me by sending to me a little photo (not even a scan), just a photo of official "Get Lucky" tablature, which was included in the box. I don't even need it really, I just want to compare my results with something these professionals came up with. I don't have a Deluxe Box in my possession and I don't know anybody who have it, thanks in advance!

UPD: I was contacted by almighty LE! :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:47:12 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlineprimabus

• Guitar George
    • Busy do Anglii
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2018, 03:47:42 PM »
This to me is awesome news.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 41 queries.