Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Noob introduction  (Read 2842 times)

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Noob introduction
« on: January 30, 2020, 03:42:13 PM »
HI, seems I'm in the right place for all MK fans..

been a DS/MK since the early 80s which may date me age-wise...

unfortunately, I have never managed to see the man live... I travel a lot internationally so always check his tour schedules, and 3 times now in the past 2 years he has appeared in the city i was in, either 24 hours before me, or 24 hours after I leave... but i live in hope..

about 10 years ago on a holiday to London, my wife indulged me, and it was known as our Dire Straits holiday as we visited a number of places in around London that were sung about in previous dire straits songs.. taking photos of me at Speakers corner, the cutty sark, Shaftsbury avenue etc... was quick the memory maker...

in december last year we holidayed in scotland with 2 days in edinburgh, so "What it is" was first on the agenda...

totally unrelated but our young daughter's name is Charlotte, so we sought out Charlotte street and the hotel on charlotte street (square) and have a numbers of photos of my daughter standing at the signage to these MK landmarks.. then popped around the corner to Dirty Dicks for a drink and something to eat.. and managed to capture the ghost of dirty dicks on camera..

having always lusted for a MK strat, and not being able to find one, before the trip last year, i bought a regular strat and modified it and sprayed it to be a MK strat of sorts... that was the closest I was going to get..

then upon returning home from the holiday i popped into a small guitar shop i had never been in before and lo and behold, they had not 1 but 2 MK strats for sale.. but at a price that would make your bowels bleed...
i made then an offer of what I would be prepared to pay.. and last week they phoned me and said ok i can get it at that price....  so this monday past I became the proud owner of a brand new, mint condition MK signature series Fender strat!!!!

now i am just left hoping to see him live still some time.. then the bucket list shall be complete..

anyhoo.. thats enough from me

cheers

hunter

Re: Noob introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 05:42:19 PM »
Welcome, Stephan. And congratulations on the guitar deal! Well done. Enjoy it.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:56:11 PM »
Noob or not, but having an MK Strat and not seeng MK live is quite an achievement :lol

For me it's the opposite, I never had any MK signature instruments, I was close when I had a Japan made Strat with MK Neck only, but I sold it. But I saw Mark 3 times, with only 1 time outside of my country. Can't believe you were able to travel all these places and never saw MK live. My mind is a blank... Welcome by the way!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
Welcome, Stephan. And congratulations on the guitar deal! Well done. Enjoy it.

thank you !

Noob or not, but having an MK Strat and not seeng MK live is quite an achievement :lol

For me it's the opposite, I never had any MK signature instruments, I was close when I had a Japan made Strat with MK Neck only, but I sold it. But I saw Mark 3 times, with only 1 time outside of my country. Can't believe you were able to travel all these places and never saw MK live. My mind is a blank... Welcome by the way!

thank you.. if i didnt know any better, i would say he is trying to avoid me !!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 10:06:37 AM »
Welcome aboard  :wave

Also once you know the Serial Number of your MK Strat - let me know and I'll add you to the owners list....

https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=3470.0
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 08:10:27 AM »

Also once you know the Serial Number of your MK Strat - let me know and I'll add you to the owners list....

PM sent..

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 12:21:29 PM »

PM sent..

PM received and welcome to the forum :wave
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:38:16 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 12:39:31 PM »
now i am just left hoping to see him live still some time.. then the bucket list shall be complete..

You just never know!!!

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 12:42:34 PM »

You just never know!!!

maybe I should send him an email with my travel plans for the year, then, you know, the balls in his court...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »

You just never know!!!

maybe I should send him an email with my travel plans for the year, then, you know, the balls in his court...

Leave it with me I'll pop a note in his door!!!! :lol :lol

OfflineStephanG

• Guitar George
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »

You just never know!!!

Leave it with me I'll pop a note in his door!!!! :lol :lol

thats awesome, doing a brother a solid... he should be more excited about finally meeting me, than me him.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 39 queries.