Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Down to the Waterline - Karaoke style  (Read 2015 times)

Offlineraykroc

• Guitar George
Down to the Waterline - Karaoke style
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

I finally got myself a decent audio interface (M-Audio 2X2M), which allows me the get a tolerable early Knopfler sound with Garageband’s amp modeling. I was fooling around with a couple of things and ended up recording a full version of Down to the Waterline, with a backing track. I didn’t aim for fanatical accuracy (the intro is in quite free time), but it’s pretty close to the original, I think. It’s certainly the best Knopfler cover I’ve made (which may not say much).

I’m not much of a singer, so I put the lyrics in if someone wants to fill in him- or herself!

PS. I didn’t make a video of the best take, so the clip is from a later run-through. I thought it would be better than nothing.

SsdNcQoatxc

Offlineraykroc

• Guitar George
Re: Down to the Waterline - Karaoke style
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »

No comment from anyone? I'm thinking of trying to do Once Upon a Time in the West next, but the drums could be a challenge.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »

No comment from anyone? I'm thinking of trying to do Once Upon a Time in the West next, but the drums could be a challenge.

Man, your video reminds me of how I love this song. One of the best debut album openers out there for sure!

Keep Knopflering! Keep practicing! Keep it up.

Offlineraykroc

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »

Man, your video reminds me of how I love this song. One of the best debut album openers out there for sure!

Keep Knopflering! Keep practicing! Keep it up.

Thanks, man! Your perfectionist approach to Knopfler is an inspiration.

It is indeed a stunning, bold opener. Sharp and memorable observation in the lyrics, and an astonishing guitar solo (the best on the album, in my opinion).

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 36 queries.