Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 117517 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
This month’s results are not so great on paper, but I challenged myself first with “Calling Elvis”, a monster of a song, and then with “Wild Theme”, both of which took weeks to learn and prepare mentally for, and edit in case of “Wild Theme”, and added some missing chords and tabs to my catalogue of MK’s song. I’m also working behind the scenes, teaching all the time, and trying to fix my life while at it, so not so bad, not so bad. Also, just dropped a little tour of my live-streaming setup on my channel. Pavel.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Do you know the total number of different chords Mark has used in the songs you have so far covered?
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Do you know the total number of different chords Mark has used in the songs you have so far covered?

Yep, definitely. So in 90 songs that I covered, Mark used at least 35 different chord types. Though I must add, that chord naming can be subjective and not everybody will agree with my name choices, and also many of these are used just a few times, if not only once. But the list goes like this:

5add9 chords, 6#11 chords, 6/9 chords, 6maj7 chords, 6sus2 chords, 6th chords, 7#5 chords, 7b5 chords, 7b9 chords, 7sus4 chords, 7th chords, 9#11 chords, 9th chords, 13th chords, add9 chords, add13 chords, aug chords, dim chords, Hendrix chord, m6 chords, m7 chords, m7b5 chords, m7sus4 chords, m9 chords, m11 chords, madd9 chords, maj7 chords, major chords, mb9 chords, minor chords, mMaj7 chords, no3 chords, power chords, slash chords, sus chords

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Thanks for the info, what song did he use the mMaj7 in?

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Thanks for the info, what song did he use the mMaj7 in?

Yon Two Crows and Heart Full of Holes. Also Monteleone and Terminal Of Tribute To, but there the major 7 is more in the bass I think.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Thanks.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
in which song does he play the Hendrix chord ?

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
in which song does he play the Hendrix chord ?

Lions - and the more bluesy/jazzy stuff like Love Over Gold, Your Latest Trick, Nobody Does That, etc.

I forgot about Rudiger btw, which also has the mMaj7 chord very notable.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I take being able to play like this for granted, but people keep telling me I should stop, so slowly but surely I indeed try to rethink my strategy a little bit. This is the solo taken from the song “Layla” played by Mark Knopfler as a duo with Eric Clapton on rhythm guitar. It was performed at a charity concert Music for Montserrat in 1997, the event was organised to raise money for the Caribbean island of Montserrat after the Soufrière Hills volcano eruption. The island was home to Sir George Martin’s famous recording studio AIR Montserrat, where the Brothers In Arms album was recorded, but the studio eventually had to close. The full breakdown of the solo is on my YouTube channel. Pavel.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Always thought I needed to do this song, and it's great to see the one and only Justin doing more MK songs, finally! Man, I miss my acoustic guitar. Pavel.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Pretty remarkable that Mark sent him the raw guitar tracks!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Pretty remarkable that Mark sent him the raw guitar tracks!

Yeah, it was so nice of him. Mark probably did it because he knows that even having isolated tracks it's still damn hard to figure his stuff out :lol

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Another masterpiece of a solo courtesy of Mark Knopfler, this time from the 2012 song “Occupation Blues”. A brilliant song inspired by the book “Naples ‘44” by Norman Lewis, a classic book about the horrors of war, occupation and determination to survive in 1940s Italy. And a hidden gem from Privateering album, it’s a bonus track after all. But the taste, as always, is the name of the game when it comes to Mark’s playing. Each note has its place, each motion is there for a reason. Pavel.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FRZi-5JnlIg

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Another masterpiece of a solo courtesy of Mark Knopfler, this time from the 2012 song “Occupation Blues”. A brilliant song inspired by the book “Naples ‘44” by Norman Lewis, a classic book about the horrors of war, occupation and determination to survive in 1940s Italy. And a hidden gem from Privateering album, it’s a bonus track after all. But the taste, as always, is the name of the game when it comes to Mark’s playing. Each note has its place, each motion is there for a reason. Pavel.

That song was played live once, and I was there. Hehehe
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

That song was played live once, and I was there. Hehehe

Good On You Son ;D ;D ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.