Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 117225 times)

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #585 on: February 01, 2024, 10:56:51 PM »
Very well said. Keep up doing what you do. It is true that one over here in Germany tends to get used to those circumstances that for you are existential and that changed your life so drastically. Let me assure you that I never doubted your mental health, only your present condition of grumpiness. Better think of this gift of yours, and it really is one. Mark's music seems to make you a better man. I hope to see many more of your videos, and especially a lot of after April 12th.

LE
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:03:20 PM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #586 on: February 13, 2024, 03:00:34 PM »
Thought you might like this Quizzy, Ronnie Wood jamming on a little red Squier last week. :)

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #587 on: February 13, 2024, 04:19:38 PM »
Thought you might like this Quizzy, Ronnie Wood jamming on a little red Squier last week. :)

Awesome stuff! Thank you for this gem. Obviously, don't get me started on cheap guitars... Squier is the best value for money on the market, period. I can't even understand how they can give you so much guitar for so little money, it's simply ridiculous. So the more these cheap guitars are played by these legends, the happier I get ;D

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #588 on: March 21, 2024, 07:20:49 PM »

Ah, ‘Song For Sonny Liston’. I feared playing one of these solos, any one of them, for years. Like a boxer scared of a match with his most frightening opponent.

If the riff is unbelievably hard to play, then the solo is outright impossible to play. I thought this solo was unplayable, and I’m not happy with the way my 2017 lesson for this song came out to be.

But since I got lucky with a couple of new findings with the riff, I was allowed to enjoy more of the solo, which I did, and seems like I’m finally ready to tackle it. And update the lesson! Bingo.

Here’s AVO Session 2007 Version solo played on my trusty Squier Mini Start through Mustang Micro headphone amp.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #589 on: March 21, 2024, 10:25:57 PM »

Ah, ‘Song For Sonny Liston’. I feared playing one of these solos, any one of them, for years. Like a boxer scared of a match with his most frightening opponent.

If the riff is unbelievably hard to play, then the solo is outright impossible to play. I thought this solo was unplayable, and I’m not happy with the way my 2017 lesson for this song came out to be.

But since I got lucky with a couple of new findings with the riff, I was allowed to enjoy more of the solo, which I did, and seems like I’m finally ready to tackle it. And update the lesson! Bingo.

Here’s AVO Session 2007 Version solo played on my trusty Squier Mini Start through Mustang Micro headphone amp.

great !  :clap

then you realize that this song don't even need a bass !  :lol :lol

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #590 on: March 23, 2024, 10:41:29 PM »
Live Stream alert! I’m planning to go live tomorrow, on Sunday, 20:00 Moscow time, 5 pm London time or 10 am Pacific time.

Anyhow, if you can’t attend it, leave your questions anywhere, here in the comments, on YouTube or email me, and I’ll see it.

Ask me anything about playing guitar, Mark Knopfler or teaching. I’ll try not to touch politics too much in this one. Peace!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.