Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 115051 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
One of the huge mistakes I made, and I talked about it earlier, was and still is — rushing everything. I even did it again with "Private Investigations" and edited the video immediately after the recording. And some time ago, if I recorded two songs at the same time, I would upload them both at the same time. This is absolutely not perfect from a YouTube uploading strategy standpoint. In fact, that's a huge mistake! Now I try to learn from my mistakes and have found a solution: I just posted another video on the song "Stand Up Guy" over on my Patreon! It was created just for that. And I gotta say, having Patreon really makes me work harder. When you know that you have a contract with people and you can't let them down, you always know that you need to work hard just to be on the polite side, so it really, really helps. Can't stress enough how much it helps, and again, if you love what I do and want to support me, you can do it starting with just 1 dollar a month on my Patreon. As you can see, it not only helps me buying amps and strings but puts more pressure on me and therefore inspires me to work. It's a two-way street! Pavel.

https://www.patreon.com/pavelfomenkov

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
One of the huge mistakes I made, and I talked about it earlier, was and still is — rushing everything. I even did it again with "Private Investigations" and edited the video immediately after the recording. And some time ago, if I recorded two songs at the same time, I would upload them both at the same time. This is absolutely not perfect from a YouTube uploading strategy standpoint. In fact, that's a huge mistake! Now I try to learn from my mistakes and have found a solution: I just posted another video on the song "Stand Up Guy" over on my Patreon! It was created just for that. And I gotta say, having Patreon really makes me work harder. When you know that you have a contract with people and you can't let them down, you always know that you need to work hard just to be on the polite side, so it really, really helps. Can't stress enough how much it helps, and again, if you love what I do and want to support me, you can do it starting with just 1 dollar a month on my Patreon. As you can see, it not only helps me buying amps and strings but puts more pressure on me and therefore inspires me to work. It's a two-way street! Pavel.

$1 a month donation ? are you behind with the rent ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:13:16 AM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

are you behind with the rent ?

To tell you the truth, I've always been behind the rent. Unfortunately, here in Russia salaries are so low that I am seriously in need of money and can't afford ANY decent guitar, for instance. In Russia, you are either rich as a Sheikh of Araby, or poor like a homeless, there is no middle class here. So I can even seriously consider switching to Patreon and making videos, should I generate enough patrons. That could theoretically make more than my current job.

New video! Another gem from the "Shangri-La" album, the little drummerless song "Stand Up Guy". As always, it's enjoyable to play, it has great lyrics, and is therefore exciting to analyze. Simple and melodic, and, unfortunately, underrated. The great thing is that I only have now just 2 songs left on the whole album, one of which I'm ready to record but don't have a proper guitar. Two songs and I'll cover the whole "Shangri-La" record, that's serious folks! Pavel.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Hey Pensa, I really hope it wasn't you to hit a dislike on a freshly uploaded video, and also the previous one. If it was you, consider getting a life, man.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Hey Pensa, I really hope it wasn't you to hit a dislike on a freshly uploaded video, and also the previous one. If it was you, consider getting a life, man.

it wasn't me, weren't you the one who don't like wars ?

so relax dislike hunter
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 05:47:46 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

so relax dislike hunter

It was just a strange coincidence that I posted the new video on an obscure song in response and boom, two dislikes dropped when I can go to a few thousand views and weeks without a single one, you know. Again, if it wasn't you, so fine. I just know that you are generally extremely negative towards that I do, however, I never ever said anything bad about your situation and always tried to cheer you up. It's a combination of our communication history, so nothing personal, I hope you understand. I'm not starting a war, you can't start what's already going on for years :lol

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo

so relax dislike hunter

It was just a strange coincidence that I posted the new video on an obscure song in response and boom, two dislikes dropped when I can go to a few thousand views and weeks without a single one, you know. Again, if it wasn't you, so fine. I just know that you are generally extremely negative towards that I do, however, I never ever said anything bad about your situation and always tried to cheer you up. It's a combination of our communication history, so nothing personal, I hope you understand. I'm not starting a war, you can't start what's already going on for years :lol

I am very sorry that 1 dislike on youtube by an unknown ruined your life, how old are you ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 01:12:39 AM by PensaGhost »

hunter

Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2021, 12:26:46 PM »
Not Mark Knopfler, but Chet was one of Mark's best friends, so it deserves to be published here as well.

The idea to recreate “Jam Man” was spontaneous. A few days ago, after I bought an amp, I thought what about “Jam Man”? And I couldn’t believe my eyes when I realized there are NO videos like this in existence for this Grammy-winning track! I thought I'll go on YouTube and see at least 4 or 5 videos with all the parts recreated, but nope. I thought, what about tablatures? And tablatures are also not popular and sometimes have major mistakes. And so I had to do it, even though the only electric guitar I have is my Squier Mini Strat. But I play everything on it, so why not this song? You can imagine the nightmare through which I had to go in order to make this happen. I don't have 50 years of playing behind me as Chet had at the time, I don't have any of the equipment needed, including a guitar, I don't know how to record it properly, I can't play it flawlessly in one take so I had to cut it in a couple of places. But I wanted to do it so bad I couldn't resist. I hope you'll like it. It was a lot of work! Pavel.

Great job, Pavel. Top playing and top guitar tone. That little Squier sounds really nice, I must say.

PS Don't mind PensaGhost.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:42:04 PM by dustyvalentino »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
Not Mark Knopfler, but Chet was one of Mark's best friends, so it deserves to be published here as well.

The idea to recreate “Jam Man” was spontaneous. A few days ago, after I bought an amp, I thought what about “Jam Man”? And I couldn’t believe my eyes when I realized there are NO videos like this in existence for this Grammy-winning track! I thought I'll go on YouTube and see at least 4 or 5 videos with all the parts recreated, but nope. I thought, what about tablatures? And tablatures are also not popular and sometimes have major mistakes. And so I had to do it, even though the only electric guitar I have is my Squier Mini Strat. But I play everything on it, so why not this song? You can imagine the nightmare through which I had to go in order to make this happen. I don't have 50 years of playing behind me as Chet had at the time, I don't have any of the equipment needed, including a guitar, I don't know how to record it properly, I can't play it flawlessly in one take so I had to cut it in a couple of places. But I wanted to do it so bad I couldn't resist. I hope you'll like it. It was a lot of work! Pavel.

Great job, Pavel. Top playing and top guitar tone. That little Squier sounds really nice, I must say.

Hi Hunter

I've modified your post, no insults to fellow members please. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »

Hi Hunter

Thanks. Well, I was surprised how this guitar sounds myself, I bought it for 90$ used and thought it would be a piece of crap, but it turned out to be my favorite guitar! And it sounds really impressive, for the price of a single Fender pickup this guitar delivers more fun than you could imagine. And I was so impressed I even recorded the video where I played 10 MK riffs and it also sounds pretty good.

And since it's my favorite guitar now that I play for hours every day, I modified it with decent tuners, bone nut and bought a great gig bag and it was the best purchase in my musical life. And because I can't afford more "serious" guitars, the fact that Mini Squier delivers so much is a true miracle.

hunter

« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2021, 03:42:02 PM »

Hi Hunter

Sorry for using an insulting word. How about PensaGhost's incessant negativity and insulting content?

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2021, 04:05:19 PM »

Hi Hunter

Sorry for using an insulting word. How about PensaGhost's incessant negativity and insulting content?

The war is only in yours and quizzaciously's minds. I have written several times that quizzaciously's videos are good.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2021, 05:22:04 PM »

Hi Hunter

Simple to report any posts that you believe to break our rules. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2021, 08:45:55 PM »

Hi Hunter

Simple to report any posts that you believe to break our rules. :)

True, and fair enough.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2021, 02:52:11 AM »
Another song from the classic "Brothers In Arms" album, "The Man's Too Strong". I always get extremely nervous reviewing big songs, and this time it was especially hard since it's a strummer and you play it with a pick, and I rarely do it, so that was just a bit harder for me than usual. But I think the lesson turned out pretty good, I covered the hardest part a lot (which was the hardest part to me) and talked about strumming, major and minor transitions, which this song is kinda famous for. So I tried to sum all my thoughts about this song in 15 minutes, hope you will enjoy it! Pavel.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 43 queries.