Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Take That  (Read 10463 times)

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
Take That
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:37:10 PM »
I was in Dublin at the weekend to see Take That ::) ::) yeah yeah I know Take That!!!!Anyway, I have to say it was the best concert that I've ever had the pleasure to attend,it was absolutely brilliant.I suppose, as being someone that grew up in the same era as them & the sort of mystery of them reforming made it a bit more interesting but it was out of this world & if they are in youre neck of the woods its well worth the money.If it was on again in the morning I'd go again - it was that good.
The gig was on in Croke Park which is a big gaelic football stadium that is currently being used by the national soccer & rugby teams while their new stadium is being built,which can hold in excess of 80,000 people.It was seating & general admission,we were standing but due to the fact that there was 2 stages everyone in the place got a good view - what I mean by 2 stages is that theres another stage set up in the middle of the pitch with a catwalk to the main stage & they moved between both during the show - BY ELEPHANT & UNICYCLES!!!!!!!!!
They finished it off then with a fireworks display - it must have cost a fortune to put it together!!!You can check it out on youtube.

If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Take That
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 02:33:39 PM »
So... you are seriously saying that you enjoyed Take That more than being in the front row for MK and Emmylou in 2006, or seeing MK live in his hown town last year?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »
Looks more like a circus act than a music gig but I believe you it was probably a lot of fun!

I'll stick with MK on a chair with a cup of tea though  ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:20:59 PM by Rollergirl »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »
Me too, Rollergirl.   I think that the Take That show, also Robbie, Madonna et al are more extravaganzas than concerts, but I'm sure they are lots of fun.   I go to a concert for the music though!   ;)  I'm glad you enjoyed it all, though, W/M!   :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:14:29 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineLEPI

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 08:37:45 AM »
My dear,dear Irishman.  ;D  Hate to say this, but I can
If there are no pipes in heaven...

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
So... you are seriously saying that you enjoyed Take That more than being in the front row for MK and Emmylou in 2006, or seeing MK live in his hown town last year?

Two completely different shows,I agree that the Take That concert may have been a bit of a Circus but it was a well put together circus all the same.I'll put it like this,it was a waste of time buying seated tickets last weekend as everyone of the 80,000 people was standing for the whole show.
Take That vs MK,what do you think Dusty ::) ::) ::) considering that my son aint named Garry,Jason,Howard .........................but hold on there is a Mark there alright :o :o
If it aint broke dont fix it!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 40 queries.