Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Deciphering an enigma- Bootleg "Paris 22/06/1983  (Read 11249 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Re: Deciphering an enigma- Bootleg "Paris 22/06/1983
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »
aahh This is nice work! Thank you for the info!

Couldn't Mark just give inn already and release these old Dire Straits recordings... What bad can come out of it?

He should had to wake up from his sofa and dig into the archives... Too much work.

We could do it for him couldn't we?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 09:14:33 PM »

Another very important point, I already posted this in another topic, but, another material that confirms that some of the shows in Paris 1983 were filmed and would be used to be Dire Straits' first live album. Notice at 3:18 of this interview, Mark reveals this.

Is there still this recording? It would be a holy grail, could be released, imagine the show in the LOG tour 83.

So in 83 it cost 10000£ a night to perform and only 8 yrs later it was already 285k? Interesting

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMK_live

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Camerado
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
Where does the 285K come from?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 11:05:39 PM »
Comment from Ed Bicknell. From an interview somewhere else on here. Forgot where

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »
Comment from Ed Bicknell. From an interview somewhere else on here. Forgot where

https://hullalumni.me/2015/12/17/the-who-dire-straits-and-the-union-ents-committee/

It is in the comments. They're interesting

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 11:23:37 PM »
Many thanks and great job Brunno !  :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap :clap :clap
I will update my reply on the other thread  :smack

and for guitar freaks, note that Mark used and uncommon guitar on Portobello Belle on this tour : a black maple strat (like mine's  ;))

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2016/02/27/the-black-fender-strat-on-portobello-belle-on-the-love-over-gold-tour/

OfflineMK_live

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Camerado
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the link. I can imagine that the costs might be 285K but that is different than a loss of 285k.

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2018, 11:48:01 PM »
Many thanks and great job Brunno !  :thumbsup :thumbsup :clap :clap :clap
I will update my reply on the other thread  :smack

and for guitar freaks, note that Mark used and uncommon guitar on Portobello Belle on this tour : a black maple strat (like mine's  ;))

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2016/02/27/the-black-fender-strat-on-portobello-belle-on-the-love-over-gold-tour/

Thank you, dear JF, it was a Knopflerian pleasure, I'm glad you liked it!  :wave

Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

OfflineboboDS

• Camerado
  • Alchemy DVD!
Re: Deciphering an enigma- Bootleg "Paris 22/06/1983 (version 1)"
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 01:35:57 PM »
I can't find it on YT (only 22nd is avalaibale) but I listened again to my version :

I have a bootleg named "Paris 23-06-1983" which contains the PB version 100% the same as on the MFN comp, and it's different form the 22nd version
My Portobello Belle file is 17:23 long because it contains the TOL intro

at 17:00 on the left channel you can clearly hear a french voice shouting "assise !" for the 2nd time (the 1st time is at 16:53)
of course, it's not a  100% proof, but at the beginning I hear some voices that sound french (even if I can't understand exactly what they say)
That's why I believe this recording is from Paris, and as it's exactly the same as the MFN comp...I guess the note on the booklet is right : it's from Paris june 1983

Hi guys,
bringing up the topic again, just to bring more mess into it haha ;D

JF youre right that PB it is entirely from the 23rd, that is besides the singing in some places!! Talking about the 17:23 version.

At 4:15 you can hear that MK sing literally "long gone irish irish girl" - there is only one "irish" on MFN comp.
Then 4:43 MK sings "yeaaah, blind man singing iiiiirish" in a funny laidback way, which is also not present on the MFN comp.

So the voice has been changed, probably taken from 1 other show.

I think the music is untouched, besides deleting the sax from the intro first few seconds. And the first 2 fills of sax (right after the drums come in, first at 5:06, second at 5:13) have been lowered in volume so much, that they can be only very barely heard, but they are there.

It's hot in the desert
But I'm cool in the zone
People call me lucky
But I say you make your own

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2018, 01:26:57 PM »
I can't find it on YT (only 22nd is avalaibale) but I listened again to my version :

I have a bootleg named "Paris 23-06-1983" which contains the PB version 100% the same as on the MFN comp, and it's different form the 22nd version

at 17:00 on the left channel you can clearly hear a french voice shouting "assise !" for the 2nd time (the 1st time is at 16:53)
of course, it's not a  100% proof, but at the beginning I hear some voices that sound french (even if I can't understand exactly what they say)
That's why I believe this recording is from Paris, and as it's exactly the same as the MFN comp...I guess the note on the booklet is right : it's from Paris june 1983

Hi guys,

JF youre right that PB it is entirely from the 23rd, that is besides the singing in some places!! Talking about the 17:23 version.

At 4:15 you can hear that MK sing literally "long gone irish irish girl" - there is only one "irish" on MFN comp.
Then 4:43 MK sings "yeaaah, blind man singing iiiiirish" in a funny laidback way, which is also not present on the MFN comp.

I think the music is untouched, besides deleting the sax from the intro first few seconds. And the first 2 fills of sax (right after the drums come in, first at 5:06, second at 5:13) have been lowered in volume so much, that they can be only very barely heard, but they are there.
You guys scare me. Go out much?

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 03:20:06 PM »
I used to dig that kind of stuff up as well but quit once I realised that's a black hole!  :lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineBrunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits)

• Camerado
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

Hi guys,

I am informing you that the PB version contains 17:23 min. and that mistakenly appears in the bootleg 23.06.1983 or in the 22.06.1983, she belongs to a night that until then was not catologada, 1983.06.20 - Second Night in Paris (Palais des Sports, Paris, France). I have published here the way I came to that conclusion.

And in fact, more than 90%  (from the 17:23 min version) of it was used for the "hybrid" version in the MFN compilation.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:35:39 PM by Brunno Nunes- (Universo Dire Straits) »
Visit my Blog- Universo dire Straits (Since 2007) http://universodirestraits.blogspot.com.br/

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.