Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Phil Collins concert in Paris  (Read 3171 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Phil Collins concert in Paris
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:21:50 PM »
I'm just back from this concert I booked last minute, out of despair of not having seen any concert this year (No MK, no DG, well I'll go and see Roger Waters in Washington in August - anyone to go with me ?).
Phil Collins is not my cup of tea, it is too pop-oriented for my taste... And yet - what a hell of a show ! How touching and heart-breaking to see this old man, who can barely walk with a cane, sitting in a chair just like MK in 2010 (and at the very same place), doing nothing but singing, and yet being so fully dedicated to his audience that this singing is full of energy and emotion.
Add to that a mind-blowing world-class band to support him (13 people apart from PC I think), his 16-year son playing drums just like Daddy used to, some nice jokes and a hell of a light show... And wov - another night in paradise ! And just like for MK, people of all ages, even very young, in the audience ! Some artists never go out of fashion...

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
Re: Phil Collins concert in Paris
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
I saw him at the RAH and experienced exactly the same what you wrote.
Simply wonderful.

Onlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 09:12:39 AM »
How is his voice? I'm reading in some reviews he is getting away from the high notes...

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »
How is his voice? I'm reading in some reviews he is getting away from the high notes...

Apart from his warmheartedness and his very good band his voice is what remains strong in his physical fragility.
I wouldn't say that those few high notes he struggles with are worth mentioning. I find worth remarking that his strong voice is astonishing given his very bad physical condition.
But then I heard him the second night of the tour, so I can't say if he could hold the quality of his voice high.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:19:16 AM by Skydiver »

Love Expresso

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
You know nothing interesting is happening regarding MK when people start to talk about Phil Collins.. :-)

No offence meant, please carry on. Just sayin'.

LE

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »
Of course you are right Love Expresso.
I can't stop wondering how Guy can say the mysterious project is slowly gathering momentum when they are in BG since September?

Love Expresso

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »
Yes it is very strange... I would expect a first announcement for the mysterious project in July, end of, maybe... for a Autumn/Winter/Christmas release... and around that release maybe Sept/Oct first Information about the MK solo album to be released in March 2018, following the tour schedule of Tracker 2015..
No proof or evidence for that, just out of the blue, One needs something to live along to... :-)

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 05:50:54 PM »
Back to topic, I find it very unusual that a world famous drummer like PC let his teenage son play the  drums... and the audience indeed seen to appreciate it.  A friend of mine was at the Cologne show.. I asked him  how it was but could not get any more specific answer than a broad smile  and an "absolutely brilliant"...

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:06 PM »
Phil cannot play drums because of bad back problems
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 42 queries.