Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Speculations about the MK secret project  (Read 57469 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Speculations about the MK secret project
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2017, 06:26:09 PM »
 :lol

LE

Love Expresso

« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2017, 06:33:20 PM »
What also was a reason for my pretty bad mood afterwards was that the Hamburg show was shortened by two songs because of curfew reasons.. StP and PW were kicked out... it turned out to be the shortest show of the complete tour.
But to be fair when I listened to the radio broadcast recording weeks later, I still found the first half terrible but from Bonaparte on it was pretty good.

LE
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:34:24 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:03 PM »
This was also one of the things that stuck in my mind about this concert.   I remember MK talking about the melody and I just wanted to crawl under my seat - it was so cringeworthy!   It reminded me of being at school and the parts of a piece of music being explained to me, part by part, when all I wanted was to sit back and listen to the music without any interruptions!

all tastes are in the nature ! I like when music is "explained".  ;D
But I see your point, and I also like just listen to music without explanations  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
So, in short the content of the missing posts :P

John Mccusker will be touring in June/July 2018 with his wife Heidi Talbot. Does that mean no MK tour then? Or will MK be touring without John? Or will MK be touring in the autumn of 2018?

Guy answer about this is WE DON'T KNOW YET
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »

John Mccusker will be touring in June/July 2018 with his wife Heidi Talbot. Does that mean no MK tour then? Or will MK be touring without John? Or will MK be touring in the autumn of 2018?

And even if he knew, he wouldn't be able to say anyway. I'm surprised people are still asking Guy about highly secret topics like that :lol

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2017, 12:23:34 PM »
Why is everbody so keen on the Madrid show? Bad band, bad versions, even bad hair...

LE

Agree with most of what you say, but it was the last tour with a very clear MK rock attitude...
I would have liked the DVD for TR alone, it was the only TR that was officially filmed in the "golden era" (no karaoke mode) of 1996/2001/2005..
Also in this tour, as said, Junkie doll and Pyroman  were unique, just like the MFN and WII intros.

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2017, 10:19:36 PM »
What do you mean by "no karaoke mode"?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »

"Karaoke mode" is the term generally referred to the versions performed from the 2008 tour onward (on AMIT anyway) where the solo after the lyrics "...like a rolling river..." was omitted.  It is felt that with the omission of said solo that the band went into a karaoke mode until the next verse, hence the name. 

"No karaoke mode" is obviously the opposite. :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2017, 11:16:10 PM »
I like the STP tour very much. Henderson's guitar level could be easily fixed through mixing.

I'm sure the noise from the audience could be reduced to decent levels as well.

Maybe it wouldn't be perfect but who cares about perfection but Mark?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

"Karaoke mode" is the term generally referred to the versions performed from the 2008 tour onward (on AMIT anyway) where the solo after the lyrics "...like a rolling river..." was omitted.  It is felt that with the omission of said solo that the band went into a karaoke mode until the next verse, hence the name. 

"No karaoke mode" is obviously the opposite. :)
Thanks a lot dmg for your complete analysis of my deep thinking :)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »

And even if he knew, he wouldn't be able to say anyway. I'm surprised people are still asking Guy about highly secret topics like that :lol

Believe me if they go on tour they already know. Guy always did say tours are planned way before they start. If there is no tournews before november this year then the best we can hope for is a tour to start after summer 2018...

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2017, 08:29:12 AM »
If presales haven't started within a month from now, a European Tour probably won't start next spring.
This would be a huge disappointment since the last touring break of two years was before the Shangri-La Tour over 12 years ago and that was only due to his accident.
There still would be a chance for a US leg in the spring with Europe later in the year where ticket sales could not start as early as for Europe.
We will know better in a month's time...
The tension is building...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:34:14 AM by Skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »
Except for the summer festivals, and the summer holydays (so he can be at home during school days with his daughters) I don't get why touring always between May/August.

In the end, from May to June he plays indoor arenas. That means that a tour between september/december would make sense as well.

My guess is that the death line date for the secret project (the main speculation is a Local Hero musical) is after March (which is the date when they think thesolo album will be finished) so maybe MK has to be comitted in some way in that months that he usually would be touring with whatever would happen with the secret project (the musical).

A tour is always planned with plenty of time, what we don't know (and we won't be tell about it) is if they already had booked venues, in hold, just in case they have to cancel.

But I guess that the big cities where MK plays have several venues that fit with him. Just think in London... MK could play at the RAH, also at Wembley Arena, O2 Arena or even the Hammersmith Odeon. It would be rare if all are booked at the same time. Or just think in big cities that are close between them, Liverpool and Manchester, for example... I'm sure they can manage to organize a good tour in big venues in short time if needed.

My wish, is an autumm/winter indoor tour.   

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
Jbaent, your thought of a possible deadline and of promotional commitments of MK for the secret project could indeed be a reason for a change in their normal touring routine.

John's touring plans for June/July are really worrying since I believe he will remain part of MK's band.
Mark just recently "confirmed" the Mcs as being in his band during the BBC folk awards last year. I think he wouldn't otherwise have said that.

We will know within a month's time if things are going "wrong".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:57:36 AM by Skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:50 AM »
Actually the most logical, thinking in the way MK use to organize his schedule, is think that during 2018 he will be comitted to the secret project and that, even the solo album is finished by March, he won't mix things and would release it in September 2018, with a tour scheduled for May-August 2019, or maybe starting in the US in Fall / Winter 2018.

It's a schedule that most of us don't want, as 2019 is too far, but seems logical when you think in MK's usual schedule and that there is a project that has to be released and attented.

I wish I'm wrong.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 41 queries.