Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: That Escalated Quickly  (Read 3466 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
That Escalated Quickly
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:05:29 AM »

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: That Escalated Quickly
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »
Cool, I'm gonna put one of my kidneys up for sale on eBay now. If you know anyone interested please drop me a line  :lol :lol :lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »
Cool, I'm gonna put one of my kidneys up for sale on eBay now. If you know anyone interested please drop me a line  :lol :lol :lol

What is your bloodtype? I keep it in mind for incase I ever need a kidney. But hopefully not... ::)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »

What is your bloodtype? I keep it in mind for incase I ever need a kidney. But hopefully not... ::)

Too late, just sold it. Didn't get enough money to buy de LP though. I guess I'll need to sell my car too! lol

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:53:34 PM »
He's selling but it has to be sold. Not saying it won't be but still. I was offered one for about 6k but passed. It was sold almost immediately though. But I was (or should I say am!) after a VOS one, not really a huge fan of aged guitars. But not sure I'll ever get one for a reasonable price. Nothing ever sold more quickly than these it seems (aged or not).

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 07:50:16 PM »
He's selling but it has to be sold. Not saying it won't be but still. I was offered one for about 6k but passed. It was sold almost immediately though. But I was (or should I say am!) after a VOS one, not really a huge fan of aged guitars. But not sure I'll ever get one for a reasonable price. Nothing ever sold more quickly than these it seems (aged or not).

You mean vintage specs but not aged?

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
Not aged is the one I'm after. They were the cheapest of the 3 as well and I think they're calling it VOS. Then there were aged and more expensive (I think that's the one that guy is trying to sell on fleebay) and then there were also signed and aged. Originally they were priced roughly at 4/6/9k I believe.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 11:43:39 PM »
Not aged is the one I'm after. They were the cheapest of the 3 as well and I think they're calling it VOS. Then there were aged and more expensive (I think that's the one that guy is trying to sell on fleebay) and then there were also signed and aged. Originally they were priced roughly at 4/6/9k I believe.

Yeah, the VOS one is the way to go for sure. I just made a little scratch on my guitar today and that's great because this is my own scratch.

It could be worse, like here's a world-renewed luthier beating up freshly painted Telecaster:

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »
Obviously the price in that ebay auction is not a realistic price. It is rather 'tulip auction' style: offering it for a very high price, and if nobody buys it the price will be reduced about 100 €. I think he started at 16k and has now reached 14,800. Sooner or later of course someone will buy it...

I did not buy one of the MK LPs myself, maybe a mistake.. what frustrated me was that only the 50 handsigned ones seem to be a full hide-glue construction. I started to build my own guitars and was at that time in fact just experimenting with hot glide glue myself, fascinating stuff, it becomes crystallic hard, lasts for ages, and can even be opened with heat and moisture any time.

Of course you might argue that the kind of glue is not so important for the sound ... but who knows, these things are hard to investigate. Gibson changed to the production-friendly Titebond glue in '64 I think, and of course nobody says the guitars after '64 were inferior to the ones before ... (really nobody...?? ;) )

Also I was not sure if only these 50 were the exact replica of Mark's guitar, with the same neck profile, pickup specs etc. or if all are this way - the Gibson website was a bit unclear here.

For these reasons I would have loved to go for one of the 50 but these were out of my financial reach.

Nevertheless, all the MK LPs are surely great guitars and excelllent investments ... so everbody who bought one should be happy  :thumbsup
my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 36 queries.