Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those  (Read 5928 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:32:29 AM »

Having some fun with yet unreleased Mark Knopfler tune. Only played live by Tommy Emmanuel this year and recorded in the studio by MK&TE. Guitar is out of tune a little bit because of the low tuning. But I like this honky-tonk sound anyway, I think it kind of suits the song :D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:44:01 PM »
The people on the train loved it!  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
The people on the train loved it!  ;)

Oh no!

:lol :lol :lol

OfflineSultan of Swing

• Guitar George
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »
Wow, that sounds really great! It’s amazing how you can pick up all these songs just by ear! Will there be a lesson on this in your MK songbook?

BTW, that Telecaster sounds really nice, it fits the song very well!
Robin from Belgium

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:33 PM »
Wow, that sounds really great! It’s amazing how you can pick up all these songs just by ear! Will there be a lesson on this in your MK songbook?

Thanks!

When I started picking out this tune last week, I thought "that's it, I can't do that". Because all the recordings are so bad...
But at some point something just "clicks" and I want to finish it as fast as possible, as we in Russia say, "out of sport interest".
My first attempts of picking out songs was awful and my old chords are swarming with mistakes, but somehow it just develops.
I dunno about breaking down my process of learning, because it's as simple as practice. Start by picking out rhythms, then bass...

OfflineSultan of Swing

• Guitar George
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 10:11:02 PM »

Thanks!

When I started picking out this tune last week, I thought "that's it, I can't do that". Because all the recordings are so bad...
But at some point something just "clicks" and I want to finish it as fast as possible, as we in Russia say, "out of sport interest".
My first attempts of picking out songs was awful and my old chords are swarming with mistakes, but somehow it just develops.
I dunno about breaking down my process of learning, because it's as simple as practice. Start by picking out rhythms, then bass...

Looking back at my previous comment, I think I didn’t express myself clearly, I was referring more to if you would ever consider a lesson on this song, rather than a lesson on how to learn a song. As you said, I suppose there isn’t much you can do to learn something, other than listen to it loads of times and try to figure it out piece by piece.

Or if it’s possible maybe you could post the chords online so less talented guitarists could take a shot at the song  ;) ?
Robin from Belgium

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »
Looking back at my previous comment, I think I didn’t express myself clearly, I was referring more to if you would ever consider a lesson on this song, rather than a lesson on how to learn a song. As you said, I suppose there isn’t much you can do to learn something, other than listen to it loads of times and try to figure it out piece by piece.

Or if it’s possible maybe you could post the chords online so less talented guitarists could take a shot at the song  ;) ?

That's funny, because originally I thought you meant a lesson for this song :lol

I don't know about doing a lesson on it, because I want to hear the studio recording! Chords is a great idea, I'll do that.

Some people write to me saying they started to play guitar because of my lessons :o So that's not about talent, it's about inspiration.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
Nice work !  :thumbsup

I really enjoyed that, particularly as I haven't heard MK's version so I came to it without any preconceptions. 
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 10:51:12 PM »
Nice work !  :thumbsup

I really enjoyed that, particularly as I haven't heard MK's version so I came to it without any preconceptions.

Thanks! I love to play Tommy' stuff, so it was a "no brainer" for me to decide should I play it or not.

I was asked to publish the chords for "You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those" and I just did. I used an opportunity of instant upload on Ultimate Guitar website skipping the Approval queue because of my high rating there. I don't know wether it would be helpful, because the chords are ridiculously difficult, but it sounds easier than it looks on paper. And the tuning of course is D Tuning (aka Whole Step Down Tuning).

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/t/tommy_emmanuel/you_dont_want_to_get_you_one_of_those_crd.htm

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 37 queries.