Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: John Illsley on Tour  (Read 5329 times)

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: John Illsley on Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 09:09:18 PM »
Not really disappointed I didn't go.  John is a nice guy but I like him in the band playing bass and backing vocal only.  He does not appear as a band leader IMO and the whole thing is a little disjointed.  The main attraction is Mark's songs, followed by JI (as founder member of DS) and yet on stage everyone else tries to steal the limelight.

I, on the other hand, was very glad that I went, because it was really great fun!  The two guitarists were both very loud, however, and sometimes out of tune and the timing wasn't great, but very entertaining without trying to copy MK like tribute bands do.   I missed MKs beautiful, delicate guitar on songs like WDYTYG, though.   They did do a great job of entertaining the audience, though!    :)

That's the Val I know and love!  I thought we were agreeing on way too much lately!  :lol :wave
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: John Illsley on Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:43:30 AM »
Not really disappointed I didn't go.  John is a nice guy but I like him in the band playing bass and backing vocal only.  He does not appear as a band leader IMO and the whole thing is a little disjointed.  The main attraction is Mark's songs, followed by JI (as founder member of DS) and yet on stage everyone else tries to steal the limelight.

I, on the other hand, was very glad that I went, because it was really great fun!  The two guitarists were both very loud, however, and sometimes out of tune and the timing wasn't great, but very entertaining without trying to copy MK like tribute bands do.   I missed MKs beautiful, delicate guitar on songs like WDYTYG, though.   They did do a great job of entertaining the audience, though!    :)

That's the Val I know and love!  I thought we were agreeing on way too much lately!  :lol :wave

:hmm     :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 37 queries.