Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)  (Read 88688 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Re: 3 Chord Trick (Legacy)
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2018, 08:49:14 PM »
http://dslegacy.com/dsls-alan-clark-to-be-inducted-into-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/

On Saturday April 14 2018, DSL’s keyboard man Alan Clark will officially become a rock legend when he is inducted into the hallowed ranks of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Watch this space!

On his own site: I was told I'm to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, because of my role in Dire Straits. The ceremony is on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio. I'll be there.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »
David Knopfler, Pick Withers, John Illsley and guy Fletcher, together with MK are going to be inducted as well
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2018, 09:07:07 PM »
The question is: how many of them will come  :D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2018, 09:25:40 PM »
The question is: how many of them will come  :D

Changing the question when you don't like the answer is quite nice LOL

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »
Ingrid talked with Phil last year or even before, she mentioned the conversation here. He talked nice about MK and that was before they record their album.

And he attended many Mk solo gigs at the RAH before the tribute band.

He also.played some gigs with John Illsley and even Guy Fletcher before the Legacy record.

But who cares...

I believe every single word you say, trust me, but I base my statement on what I’ve read in interviews and he never said anything that nice about Mark before this whole tribute undertaking. When asked about his favorite guitarists he would never mention Mark and would often claim Clapton’s was the best band he’d been in. Now, all of a sudden, Mark is his friend and DS is the best band in the world. He lacks consistency to say the least.
Agree 100% Ed, Phil has never been so effusive in his praise of MK before.

Three Chord Trick makes no sense if it's about Phil. Mumbly Marco says it's about a magician. Like the two men who say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong.

They say they are ditching DS and are now Legacy but the Brazilian show a few weeks back had them speaking about virtually nothing but DS and Phil and Marco playing "their" song Sultans of Swing.

MK has never said anything bad about them, but wrote, recorded and released a song with the type of ire normally reserved for politicians and warmongers.

Make of all this what you will.

Sent from my Tab2A7-20F using Tapatalk

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2018, 10:58:24 PM »
David Knopfler, Pick Withers, John Illsley and guy Fletcher, together with MK are going to be inducted as well

Who will be there for sure, any news on that? I believe John and David will be going. I don't know about Pick. And still no word from MK about this  :think

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2018, 03:14:35 AM »
Attending is VERY different from playing...and playing together as some sort of "group".....with this level of uncertainty and potentially massive awkwardness in mind, id like to issue a very early and very large cringe warning! Hahaha!
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
Attending is VERY different from playing...and playing together as some sort of "group".....with this level of uncertainty and potentially massive awkwardness in mind, id like to issue a very early and very large cringe warning! Hahaha!

Yes and I can't get why this attitude treated like "hating". We don't hate, we just don't get it.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2018, 09:38:18 PM »
Guy's answer to our old pal Jackal:

Do you mind if we drop this subject here. Alan and Phil are friends and that's that

Loud and clear.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
Guy's answer to our old pal Jackal:

Do you mind if we drop this subject here. Alan and Phil are friends and that's that

Loud and clear.

But it doesn't explain a thing. It's just another way to say "I'm done with this topic", which is ridiculous when transferred even to Guy's forum. Man, I'd suggest to everybody DO NOT post anything controversial on Guy's forum, because all you will get is a predictable defensive reaction and no answers at all. Phil and Alan are friends. And so what? Mark is my friend. So what? I can say whatever I want. Doings speaks better.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »
I think it all will be obvious in April. If all the guys will sit on one row, shaking hands and talking happily, then I'll believe in all the statements. If every one of them will sit on the opposite sides of the hall or would not even show up at all, then you'll know they're up to something.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2018, 11:13:17 PM »
I think it all will be obvious in April. If all the guys will sit on one row, shaking hands and talking happily, then I'll believe in all the statements. If every one of them will sit on the opposite sides of the hall or would not even show up at all, then you'll know they're up to something.

The only one i assume/think mark really has a problem with these days is Alan Clark. We know he does not see his brother very much. Only on weddings and funerals i recall David saying in an interview a few years ago.
With all the rest he's fine as far as i know? I wonder if Ed Bicknell will also be there?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2018, 11:27:46 PM »

The only one i assume/think mark really has a problem with these days is Alan Clark. We know he does not see his brother very much. Only on weddings and funerals i recall David saying in an interview a few years ago.
With all the rest he's fine as far as i know? I wonder if Ed Bicknell will also be there?

I don't know about all of them simply because it's not really interesting for me to be honest... But what will happen on this occasion is very interesting indeed. Who would show up, who would ignore it. Worst case scenario if there'll be no performance or if we will never know about who attended the show. How to know it? By official footage and news headlines and some spectators from us mortals? Looking forward to this HOF event.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »
I'm an optimist naturally and I would love to see all these guys hanging out together, let alone playing together. It's just when they do strange things I can't stand it anymore and "moan" here which looks like hating for some reason. But even Mark can do obnoxious things, so I judge by the doings only.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 38 queries.