Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album and tour  (Read 8663 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New album and tour
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:03 AM »
Usual Mk schedule was release in September and tour in April/may next year, except with GH, all the roadrunning and tracker, that were released in April and followed by a tour in may.

This time there is the musical between the release and the tour so...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2018, 09:16:27 PM »
So the album will be out end of march as per Guys diary??

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2018, 10:05:04 PM »

I don´t know why Guy and the management think it is so important to tell the world when they are finished in the studio. This does not mean anything for those who are waiting for the CD. Finished in the studio is not the same as release date. March is only two weeks ahead... From Guy´s forum January 31:

Why can't people read? The comment on Mark's site clearly states the album will be completed in March. (In actual fact it will be completed at the end of March). This is not a release date.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:08:54 PM by Jarle »
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 10:13:36 PM »

I don´t know why Guy and the management think it is so important to tell the world when they are finished in the studio. This does not mean anything for those who are waiting for the CD. Finished in the studio is not the same as release date. March is only two weeks ahead... From Guy´s forum January 31:

Why can't people read? The comment on Mark's site clearly states the album will be completed in March. (In actual fact it will be completed at the end of March). This is not a release date.

Not sure what you mean Jarle ? Guy writes "new album delivery now scheduled for the end of March 2018" in todays diary. It would make sense promotion wise to get the album out coinciding with the hall of fame induction in April.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »

No idea here too, never heard any album of any band news regarding 'finished recording' date, everyone is interested in release date only
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:19:22 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »

Not sure what you mean Jarle ? Guy writes "new album delivery now scheduled for the end of March 2018" in todays diary. It would make sense promotion wise to get the album out coinciding with the hall of fame induction in April.

Guy in several other comments said end of march is only recording finishing date, not release date, release date will probably be 3-6 months later
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2018, 10:23:38 PM »
Deliver it to the record company for releasing it, not delivering it to us, boriszhukov.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 09:15:34 AM »
Actually before delivering it to the record company they deliver it to mastering to Portland and when they got it back mastered, they deliver it to the record company.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 03:06:40 PM »
Can't see how mark can have a lengthy tour before the musical is up and running.Maybe a month or two in Europe  in Sept-Oct

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »
Can't see how mark can have a lengthy tour before the musical is up and running.Maybe a month or two in Europe  in Sept-Oct

Agree.  It can only be a GH style thing, which is good IMO.  Either that or no tour at all because (assuming September release, spring tour) the musical starts same time as tour is supposed to commence and that I cannot see happening at all.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 08:11:44 AM »
When will the Local Hero stuff be happening and for how long will it be running?

Could be that september/october/november will be used for promo gigs og TV promotion like we've seen previously.  And then first a full tour in 2019. 

I think its a bit of a pity, because it will probably mean that a next album would first be out in around 2021 if they use most of 2019 for touring (unless they already recorded material for two full albums ofcourse)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 08:29:17 AM »
When will the Local Hero stuff be happening and for how long will it be running?

Starts in Spring 2019. I guess that it might be one or two weeks in Edinburgh and then move to London. How much time it would be running in London? No idea...

Could be that september/october/november will be used for promo gigs og TV promotion like we've seen previously.  And then first a full tour in 2019. 

Probably. With previous records there were very few promo things so it doesn't interfere very much with working in the musical.

I won't expect any full tour until the musical starts in Sping 2019.

I think its a bit of a pity, because it will probably mean that a next album would first be out in around 2021 if they use most of 2019 for touring (unless they already recorded material for two full albums ofcourse)

A next album? That's thinking too further!  :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »

Agree.  It can only be a GH style thing, which is good IMO.  Either that or no tour at all because (assuming September release, spring tour) the musical starts same time as tour is supposed to commence and that I cannot see happening at all.

As MK work in the musical will be ended before the musical starts, the tour could starts after the musical premiere, as long as MK would attend the premiere of course and then he would be free to play his own tour.

I bet the musical premieres late April, then two or three weeks of rehearsals in early May and tour starts in late May directly in the UK.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »

With that RRHOF thing happening in April which will get lots and lots of attention in the US I see a tour in the US happening later this year with tourdates rolling out shortly after the induction in the RRHOF.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »
Jbeant, you were saying? Can't see the replay on you're last post  :wave

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 38 queries.