Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark stole ALL the songs from this guy!  (Read 13010 times)

OfflineIngo

• Camerado
Re: Mark stole ALL the songs from this guy!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:50 AM »
There were discussion on this subject several times in the past

My 2 cent on it:
- Mark worked as a newspaper reporter, he studied English, and worked as an English teacher. Some good reasons to believe he should be able to write something himself ;)
- Some songs, e.g. Water of Love, seem to be already been rehearsed with the Cafe Racers (the band Mark was in before DS).
- Many lines in the lyrics are related to Mark himself  (e.g. 'I bought a pickup for my steel guitar' or the song about a sculptor called Harry (In the Gallery)... [Harry was his friend Steve Phillips's father])
- Not sure, didn't the guy also say that MfN goes back to him? --> 'we got to install microwave ovens...' - no microwaves in 1977!
- or Love over Gold ? (A line that was written on a wall near the place where Mark lived at that time)

my Mark Knopfler guitar style website:
http://www.mk-guitar.com/

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 12:38:41 PM »
There were discussion on this subject several times in the past

My 2 cent on it:
- Mark worked as a newspaper reporter, he studied English, and worked as an English teacher. Some good reasons to believe he should be able to write something himself ;)
- Some songs, e.g. Water of Love, seem to be already been rehearsed with the Cafe Racers (the band Mark was in before DS).
- Many lines in the lyrics are related to Mark himself  (e.g. 'I bought a pickup for my steel guitar' or the song about a sculptor called Harry (In the Gallery)... [Harry was his friend Steve Phillips's father])
- Not sure, didn't the guy also say that MfN goes back to him? --> 'we got to install microwave ovens...' - no microwaves in 1977!
- or Love over Gold ? (A line that was written on a wall near the place where Mark lived at that time)

I think this subject should be taken as a sad joke really. Mark himself ignoring it tells how much attention and credit it deserves.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 12:46:38 PM »
Exactly. Pathetic it all.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »
I totally agree. The only thing that annoys me, and I've said it on here before, is that some of what Mr Marshal is spouting inevitably filters through onto the internet, and we all know how people love a conspiracy theory. I came across his site originally because of an entry on the official DS Wikipedia page which had been 'altered' by 'someone'. I've also found various music sites crediting Robert Marshal as the co-writer on the first album, and even photo shopped sleeve notes!

So its out there, and I really think it should be stopped. That's why I engaged with the nutcase in the first place. Sorry rant over, now lets talk about something more interesting like the winds in the humbuckers of M.K.s LP 59! 

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »

wow ! didn't know that.
would be great if a Cafe racers' recording would exist.... we could hear a Water of love version from even before the july 77 demo version

- Many lines in the lyrics are related to Mark himself  (e.g. 'I bought a pickup for my steel guitar'

Yes and at a gig (can't remember if it's Carre Amsterdam 79 or another) he sung "I bought a pickup for my red guitar"
I always wondered if he was referring to the FS-1 even if I know (thanks to you) that he bought the FS-1 likely in 78

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 06:40:58 PM »
Why we keep talking about that person?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »
Exactly. Delete the whole topic jbaent. Of course, I have nothing to say but respect to the DS / MK is more important than someone who has problems with each other.
Clear as the day

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
Exactly. Delete the whole topic jbaent. Of course, I have nothing to say but respect to the DS / MK is more important than someone who has problems with each other.

Deleting the whole topic seems a bit exaggerated to me, just removing the links to that blog would be enough
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 08:19:28 PM »
Maybe someone can delete the blog ?  ;D
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:13 PM »
Maybe someone can delete the blog ?  ;D

A hacker?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »
I wonder why they (DS) have not made any lawsuit against this guy Marshall????

Why shoud they? If they have to react on all idiots in this world, even MK can be ruined by lawyercosts ;-)

Offlinepizgah

• Banned
  • Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »
As a first time writer on amarkintime, I'd like to point out a few discrepancies before I get to the main reason for this journey. How does D.S. guitar george ask a question, then answer it as two many guitars, and as the claim of the moderators to exclude abusive authors that doesn't seem to affect the person answering their own question. Who has stated that Robert Marshal threatened his wife and daughter on this page and that's not abusive literature, then lets get to the real facts, the writer Chris Finucane Two Many Guitars D.S. Guitar George and Anonymous Coward has not only defamed Robert Marshal who had to get the Hampshire Police involved in his vile emails and threats, he actually started harassing a woman and her family as he thought they were related to him. He even went to the extreme lengths of putting a facebook page in her fathers name to contact her, and threatened to be waiting for her outside her work, he was banned from facebook, but that didn't stop him making more threats to a brownie pack leader who he again thought was a friend of Robert Marshal. And it goes on until we get rid of the trolls and stop them hiding behind the luxury of using nom de plumes to covern up their true intent of harming others. Oh and one more thing if the Dire Straits Story wasn't true Mr Marshal would have been taken to court pronto. 

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 04:07:16 PM »
As a first time writer on amarkintime, I'd like to point out a few discrepancies before I get to the main reason for this journey. How does D.S. guitar george ask a question, then answer it as two many guitars, and as the claim of the moderators to exclude abusive authors that doesn't seem to affect the person answering their own question. Who has stated that Robert Marshal threatened his wife and daughter on this page and that's not abusive literature, then lets get to the real facts, the writer Chris Finucane Two Many Guitars D.S. Guitar George and Anonymous Coward has not only defamed Robert Marshal who had to get the Hampshire Police involved in his vile emails and threats, he actually started harassing a woman and her family as he thought they were related to him. He even went to the extreme lengths of putting a facebook page in her fathers name to contact her, and threatened to be waiting for her outside her work, he was banned from facebook, but that didn't stop him making more threats to a brownie pack leader who he again thought was a friend of Robert Marshal. And it goes on until we get rid of the trolls and stop them hiding behind the luxury of using nom de plumes to covern up their true intent of harming others. Oh and one more thing if the Dire Straits Story wasn't true Mr Marshal would have been taken to court pronto.

An ant has no quarrel with a boot, especially if the ant is clearly nuts. By the way, how are you Robert?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinepizgah

• Banned
  • Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
I came on amarkintime to expose how a Troll can bring disrespect to a well read blog like this, and I think I have proved this is a fact. I would say most of the comments and answers are those of one person, and their thoughts are not for the benefit of those who read the articles but for their own sick minds obsessed in doing harm. As for the gentleman who immediately pounced to answer my comment, or should I say threatened me, you've have got the name wrong as well as my gender.

Love Expresso

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 08:32:28 PM »
Before you ask: All these hundreds of members of AMIT do not really exist. Only Pottel and jbaent are real persons they say (not sure about Pottel though). The other members are all created by the two of them to fill the Internet and kill some free time. You know, even MK does not really exist. He is just invented by the same aliens from outer space that replaced Paul and also Bob after his motorbike accident. We should have known because no one can really play a guitar like this MK guy. So, in a nutshell:

Go back into the cave or parallel Universe where you come from and leave us poor little bunch of mislead MK Trolls alone. No reply needed.

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.