Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Emotional attachment to a song  (Read 9747 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Emotional attachment to a song
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:44 PM »
Sometimes I wonder what if my problem had happened to MK, he would have been forced to stop playing at 18 and then what ?
where would he be and doing what ?

I surely would be living a much better life right now

Trust me, Mark would be successful even if he had NO arms at all. You can say, that Mark is an optimist because he's extremely successful, but actually, he's extremely successful because he's an optimist.

oh please, what a bunch of nonsense

Go tell Mark, because that's exactly what he says about his success.

he also says he is a bad guitarist, we aren't really having this nonsense discussion, aren't we
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »
The thing is we already had this discussion with the same exact language being used, which means everybody will stand on their own.

I get your point, Pensa, I just think you pull it too much on the dark side, don't you think? Living a better life, etc.

Pessimism is a disaster!

For me guitar is an obsession, but not a destructive one. Guitar is just an instrument and if I'm not able to play it, which I barely do nowadays anyway, I simply do something else. I'm not destined to be a proper guitar player, so why bother? It's better not to be a guitar player at all, than to be a lousy one. Or better yet — be good in something else.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 06:21:45 PM »
Sometimes I wonder what if my problem had happened to MK, he would have been forced to stop playing at 18 and then what ?

The biggest lesson you can learn from Mark is how to have this overwhelming kind of optimism like he does. Trust me, Mark would be successful even if he had NO arms at all. You can say, that Mark is an optimist because he's extremely successful, but actually, he's extremely successful because he's an optimist. Don't give up, look up, everything's fine. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Pessimism is our worst enemy.

Pessimism and optimism are overrated.  They are just like religion; a set of hopes and beliefs.  Realism is surely the true and honest way.

The pessimist complains about the rain; the optimist expects the sun to come out; the realist puts his umbrella up.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »

The biggest lesson you can learn from Mark is how to have this overwhelming kind of optimism like he does. Trust me, Mark would be successful even if he had NO arms at all. You can say, that Mark is an optimist because he's extremely successful, but actually, he's extremely successful because he's an optimist. Don't give up, look up, everything's fine. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Pessimism is our worst enemy.

Pessimism and optimism are overrated.  They are just like religion; a set of hopes and beliefs.  Realism is surely the true and honest way.

The pessimist complains about the rain; the optimist expects the sun to come out; the realist puts his umbrella up.

Agree. Don't even know why the word pessimism was brought up by someone else. I only mentioned facts.
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 09:26:47 PM »
Pessimism and optimism are overrated. They are just like religion; a set of hopes and beliefs.  Realism is surely the true and honest way.

Agree. Don't even know why the word pessimism was brought up by someone else. I only mentioned facts.

I don't know what you both are talking about :lol

Your level of happiness really depends on the way you see the world. Pulling an umbrella when it's raining is a realistic way, but you can't do it with an absolutely straight face thinking of nothing, you either love it or hate it. Rain is just one example and how you see the world is important when you do anything. Especially when you have a certain disease on any stage and so on. You know, some people stay happy even when they have cancer or AIDS and literally just a few days left. That's optimism! And sometimes people like that can actually beat their disease with their optimism. The closest example — John Illsley.

And there's people like this old woman who lived downstairs from me, she's more than 100 years old and were always complaining about her health, telling things like "I don't want to live anymore", sometimes even screaming it. Not so many people can live for 100 years and here she goes, able to walk freely even without a cane, able to breath, able to talk, with a relatively clear mind, but "not wanting to live anymore". She's as dark as a human being can get, always talking about her problems, complaining and crying with no end. That's pessimism!

Bottom line — stop complaining, enjoy what you have. You gotta be happy to be successful, otherwise you're doomed to fail.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 08:16:36 PM »
I'm not a pessimist, optimist or realist - I just love the rain btw!  ;D
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »

You got to love the rain.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 11:30:35 AM »
No emotional attachment to a MK song, really. But some lines in some songs ("...1867 my angel's gone to heaven"  "we'd go with the flow when the weather was fine" "tell it to the breadline") are able to touch me once in a while.

LE
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:35:10 AM by Love Expresso »

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:02 PM »

You got to love the rain.

especially when it pours
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 38 queries.