Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 270842 times)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 01:57:36 PM »
;D

Strange. What are they waiting for?

Create expectation. It's a marketing technic.

It's crazy :o
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »
;D

Strange. What are they waiting for?

Create expectation. It's a marketing technic.

It's crazy :o

Like when last tour, they had all dates announced, and "suddenly" they added two shows at the RAH, that they had already planned and hidden until very last time, as they had to fill first another concert in London, at the big big O2 Arena...

Marketing.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Oh please let us have all the tourdates at the same time!!! Not like last tours  :thumbsdown

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
Oh please let us have all the tourdates at the same time!!! Not like last tours  :thumbsdown

Yes.  That was a disaster.  A lot of us missed out on meeting up last time and could've booked holidays to coincide.  They must get it right this time.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »
everything they do is amateur as always
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
I don't know when I managed to get old enough to be mildly excited about the new album. I mean — I really WANT it, but I don't mind waiting whatever time is needed for making it. If Mark came along and said, "sorry folks, new album is in 2020 only", I'd said — fine — go Mark, go.

I won't search possible leaked name, cover, titles, anything like that, I just wait. But to me it's even better than back in the day!

Still, guitar-wise I'm gonna to repeat my world record of putting out all the chords for the new album right on the release date.

Love Expresso

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 10:52:15 AM »
I guess the "old enough" thing must have happened some time after 2015 as I remember you being the guy who streamed the album on your Russian site one day before release ..

:wave

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
I guess the "old enough" thing must have happened some time after 2015 as I remember you being the guy who streamed the album on your Russian site one day before release ..

:wave

LE

Absolutely, but now I'm done with that :lol

But yeah, I got Tracker as early as one could possibly get it, strangely I'm not a type of a crazy fan like I was before and we're talking about 3 years.

Let's hope that he music itself will change drastically over this insane period of time! :lol

Love Expresso

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
About your world record, I remember it very well. Totally insane and lifted stuff like that in new dimensions ..

LE

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »
I have so much stuff going on in my life right now that Mark's album is not even in the top 10 of my list of priorities. I think it has a lot to do with the delay as well, it kind of turned me off a little bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:13:26 PM by Eddie Fox »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Love Expresso

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »
As he has a great way with words, the pure sound of his song titles generally make my imagination go wild (or used to do so).. when then listening for the first time, it often was somewhat... disappointing for a few moments, alone for the reason that he dared to not make it sound like my expectation was. But very often he really astonishes me even more.. Before Gas & TV was just...WOW and when I heard it for the first time it was indeed double WOW...

I remember that Speedway and Junkie Doll and Wanderlust really really sounded like I expected them to sound after reading the titles. River Towns sounded totally not as expected but I loved it from the first listen.

So the moment of reading the titles for the first time is very interesting for me. It is pretty clear to me that MK's words and lyrics mean a lot more to me than his guitar skills. His guitar SOUND is unique, but an album with extraterrestial insane guitar licks but flat and poor lyrics would always disappoint me more than vice versa.

If this all makes sense anyway ..

LE

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2018, 10:26:55 AM »
As he has a great way with words, the pure sound of his song titles generally make my imagination go wild (or used to do so).. when then listening for the first time, it often was somewhat... disappointing for a few moments, alone for the reason that he dared to not make it sound like my expectation was. But very often he really astonishes me even more.. Before Gas & TV was just...WOW and when I heard it for the first time it was indeed double WOW...

I remember that Speedway and Junkie Doll and Wanderlust really really sounded like I expected them to sound after reading the titles. River Towns sounded totally not as expected but I loved it from the first listen.

So the moment of reading the titles for the first time is very interesting for me. It is pretty clear to me that MK's words and lyrics mean a lot more to me than his guitar skills. His guitar SOUND is unique, but an album with extraterrestial insane guitar licks but flat and poor lyrics would always disappoint me more than vice versa.

LE

Makes total sense. Same for me.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2018, 10:52:18 AM »
Totally

LE

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
And with Switzerland of course
I have so much stuff going on in my life right now that Mark's album is not even in the top 10 of my list of priorities. I think it has a lot to do with the delay as well, it kind of turned me off a little bit.

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 11:57:30 AM »
And with Switzerland of course

Hahaha, I am Swiss, but feel sorry for poor Eddie and his team. Honestly, they would have deserved to win yesterday.

But on to more important things: My to-do list for this year is quite frightening, too, but a new MK album will ALWAYS be a top priority. How could it not? His work is just continuously TOO great to be ignored. I'm super excited about the fall 2018 release date, especially as now every album could well be his last. Let's hope not!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 42 queries.