Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 264417 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »
Nice 'thank you Guy' post Jbaent  ;)

Now let's continue our questions to Guy about the new album  ;D  :lol

also... he deleted that this new album has something more than tracker so, it means he really can't say much about it.

I mean, all the info I (and all of you I guess too) want to know, title, cover, number of songs, the titles, release date, formats etc is something he is not allowed to say so I can't think of anything about the new album I can ask that I didn't already (he answered to a question of mine that this new record are new songs plus unfinished or unreleased songs)

he answered to a question of mine that this new record are new songs plus unfinished or unreleased songs

In private? This is news for me  :)

By: Julio
Category: General discussion

June 7, 2018

In Bridport, where MK did an interview and played some songs, MK said he had around 50 unfinished songs in his laptop in various states. The songs recorded for this new record are completely new or come from all that material he already had?

I think a bit of both
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2018, 01:10:01 PM »
Ah yes, now i remember.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2018, 01:19:13 PM »
Ah yes, now i remember.

That's why I mean that he says little, but enough to sometimes make us happy  ;D

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
I remember how Alan Clark in the document Dire Straits in Israel said that for every record Mark has prepared about 20 songs. Nothing has changed  :clap
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »
Nice 'thank you Guy' post Jbaent  ;)

Now let's continue our questions to Guy about the new album  ;D 

also... he deleted that this new album has something more than tracker so, it means he really can't say much about it.

I mean, all the info I (and all of you I guess too) want to know, title, cover, number of songs, the titles, release date, formats etc is something he is not allowed to say so I can't think of anything about the new album I can ask that I didn't already (he answered to a question of mine that this new record are new songs plus unfinished or unreleased songs)

he answered to a question of mine that this new record are new songs plus unfinished or unreleased songs

In private? This is news for me  :)

By: Julio
Category: General discussion

June 7, 2018

In Bridport, where MK did an interview and played some songs, MK said he had around 50 unfinished songs in his laptop in various states. The songs recorded for this new record are completely new or come from all that material he already had?

I think a bit of both
Imagine that harddrive crashing and not being connected to the cloud

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »
A recap of what Guy has told us about the new record for the last 2 years

Basically nothing substantial
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Love Expresso

« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2018, 03:47:48 PM »
Typical Pottel thinking  :lol...

Connected To The Cloud

Great album title by the way   ;D  we will call it CTTC

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2018, 03:50:29 PM »
Typical Pottel thinking  ...

Connected To The Cloud

Great album title by the way   ;D  we will call it CTTC

LE
🤣🤣🤣

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2018, 03:56:28 PM »
On a serious note: I guess this is nothing special but the way he has always worked, mixing old and new. It's not sharply divided, here new ones, there the old ones. As he is literally always writing, his amount of unfinished stuff will always be there and a source for every new album in the future. It's just that the naturally time consuming cycle of recording, releasing and touring plus his increasing age calls for some attention in terms of what he has got left to do or wants to finish.

LE

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2018, 11:47:40 PM »
On a serious note: I guess this is nothing special but the way he has always worked, mixing old and new. It's not sharply divided, here new ones, there the old ones. As he is literally always writing, his amount of unfinished stuff will always be there and a source for every new album in the future. It's just that the naturally time consuming cycle of recording, releasing and touring plus his increasing age calls for some attention in terms of what he has got left to do or wants to finish.

LE

Correct, that's not new info by Guy
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »

LE

You are right but this time could had been different because MK has recorded his next record "while" he was working in the musical. It can be said that the highest percentage of creativity was used in the musical has it was the challenge, and in between the musical sessions, workships, writing etc, he recorded some songs for a next solo record.

Surely he had new songs written before he started to work with the musical, and probably some written while he was working with the musical, but when you are in the middle of a so high time and creativity consuming task, rescue unfinished or unreleased songs is easier than write or work in brand new ones.

Love Expresso

« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »
Cannot see how you could come to this conclusion at all.

It could also be vice versa as well, referring your "percentage" talk. MK will never do one project less intensive than another. The long period of time that both projects now have taken should prove that.

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2018, 10:34:21 AM »

It could also be vice versa as well, referring your "percentage" talk. MK will never do one project less intensive than another. The long period of time that both projects now have taken should prove that.

LE

It's my understanding from the very few things Guy has been telling us. They went back to the studio in September 2016 and as he told, it was a project that he couldn't talk about, the musical. The musical is a project with so many different phases that in some of them MK wasn't involved, and they knew the musical would take a very long period of time so, they used that "free" periods in the different phases of the musical to work in the new album, that was when Guy told us they were working in parallel in both projects.

I always understood that the main project for MK was the musical, as it was that committment the one that brought him back to the studio after his "well deserved period of inactivity" and he used that free periods of time to work out some of his own songs for a solo record, being conscious that the musical will take so long until hits the stage that he will have time for it.

Yes, I know that from many of you, is the new solo record the main thing and the musical an addition in which also many of you won't be interested at all, but I'm sure that for MK is exactly the opposite, as a musical is something new for him, a challenge, while a new record is, another record, something he really did before and more or less is always the same proccess, nothing new.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »

LE

It's my understanding from the very few things Guy has been telling us. They went back to the studio in September 2016 and as he told, it was a project that he couldn't talk about, the musical. The musical is a project with so many different phases that in some of them MK wasn't involved, and they knew the musical would take a very long period of time so, they used that "free" periods in the different phases of the musical to work in the new album, that was when Guy told us they were working in parallel in both projects.

I always understood that the main project for MK was the musical, as it was that committment the one that brought him back to the studio after his "well deserved period of inactivity" and he used that free periods of time to work out some of his own songs for a solo record, being conscious that the musical will take so long until hits the stage that he will have time for it.

Yes, I know that from many of you, is the new solo record the main thing and the musical an addition in which also many of you won't be interested at all, but I'm sure that for MK is exactly the opposite, as a musical is something new for him, a challenge, while a new record is, another record, something he really did before and more or less is always the same proccess, nothing new.

:thumbsup

I am waiting for two albums with the same great curiosity and impatience. A wonderful time is ahead of us. The end of the year will be to listen to the new album and then wait for the musical. Fantastic!
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »

LE

:thumbsup

I am waiting for two albums with the same great curiosity and impatience. A wonderful time is ahead of us. The end of the year will be to listen to the new album and then wait for the musical. Fantastic!

Yes, that's the same I feel!

Right now, I'm more curious and more excited about the musical as it's something new. I'm also excited for the new album, as always, but the musical is a new thing and I'm looking forward how MK does it, how he write songs to be sung by actors live each night, how is the music...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 42 queries.