Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 271272 times)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #405 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18:50 AM »
What I can say that waiting a Mark's album is always a thrill....who knows what did this time...one thing is that we are very lucky that an artist like him after 40 years in music business he have still things to show us....sure Mark will not disappoint us :thumbsup

Yes yes yes  :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2018, 12:40:06 AM »
Oh Joy.

I heard on the radio this morning that The Dire Straits Experience will be performing in my Southern Hemisphere "Geographically Challenging" country....the announcement mentioned the band will feature Chris White, and (amusingly) a bunch of other muso's!

So come on, if these guys are cashing in on the name "Dire Straits" and seeing it an international cash cow, I really think MK could make a bit of an effort and reward those worldwide fans who want to see the real deal.....oh wait....this has a bit of the R&RHOF stink about it....(must....not....be....so...cynical.....!)

Its not like travelling the world MK style is a hardship - the most difficult thing to worry about is if the private jet (after fleeing the concert) has enough platters of food and cold beer and the hotel your staying in has a late licence. 

Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinerockaway

• Local Hero
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2018, 01:34:14 AM »
What I can say that waiting a Mark's album is always a thrill....who knows what did this time...one thing is that we are very lucky that an artist like him after 40 years in music business he have still things to show us....sure Mark will not disappoint us :thumbsup

Absolutely true  :thumbsup

--------

another GF update: "Can you say how many songs are on the album?" I can but I don't see why I would. I listened to the acetates fresh from the Vinyl mastering today. It sounds absolutely fabulous.

Fabulous sounds good... hopefully we agree with Guy :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 02:17:04 AM by rockaway »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
Oh Joy.

I heard on the radio this morning that The Dire Straits Experience will be performing in my Southern Hemisphere "Geographically Challenging" country....the announcement mentioned the band will feature Chris White, and (amusingly) a bunch of other muso's!

So come on, if these guys are cashing in on the name "Dire Straits" and seeing it an international cash cow, I really think MK could make a bit of an effort and reward those worldwide fans who want to see the real deal.....oh wait....this has a bit of the R&RHOF stink about it....(must....not....be....so...cynical.....!)

Its not like travelling the world MK style is a hardship - the most difficult thing to worry about is if the private jet (after fleeing the concert) has enough platters of food and cold beer and the hotel your staying in has a late licence.

Wrong thread, this should go to the "Almost Straits" forum, and create, for once at all, a thread called "Moanings about DS tribute bands with ex members", that would help to the many of us tired and bored to death about these moanings.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #409 on: August 09, 2018, 08:27:55 AM »
Anyone tried to contact with the artist who made the deluxe boxes in the last 2 albums?

YES.

He's very proffesional and didn't say a word, and he won't until it's announced and published the pictures of the cover and the box, I guess.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #410 on: August 09, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
Welcome Rolo!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #411 on: August 09, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »
I don't want Eric on either! I want pipes, lots of pipes. And a duet with a rapper produced by a DJ. Can you hear me, Mark?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRolo

• Camerado
  • i tend to be, sometimes, acid
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
I don't want Eric on either! I want pipes, lots of pipes. And a duet with a rapper produced by a DJ. Can you hear me, Mark?

Don't forget the Timbaland's vocalizes...

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #413 on: August 09, 2018, 03:20:01 PM »
GF:

"I listened to the acetates fresh from the Vinyl mastering today. It sounds absolutely fabulous"
Clear as the day

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #414 on: August 09, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »

Don't forget the Timbaland's vocalizes...

I swear to god I had to google it lol I thought you were talking about Mark's Timberlands! Yeah, I want Timbaland AND Timberlake on too - and the album can be called Tim's lands and lakes  ;D
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #415 on: August 09, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
Oh Joy.

Wrong thread, this should go to the "Almost Straits" forum, and create, for once at all, a thread called "Moanings about DS tribute bands with ex members", that would help to the many of us tired and bored to death about these moanings.

Unfortunately, you have spectacularly missed the point of my post.  It was not a post to moan as you suggested about "DS tribute bands"..I really don't care about a bunch of guys trying to make a cheap buck from recycling old DS tunes.  Its a bit sad, but I really don't care. 

My rather cynical point was that if these bunch of guys trying to make a living off the DS legacy can travel the world and try to include a global audience, then i just feel MK should put a little more effort into widening the tour plans and include countries who's fans have stood by him through the years.

Yes, he doesn't have to...but he should.  Kind of like the little comment I also made about the recent induction farce.   
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #416 on: August 09, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
Sorry, but when a post start with anything of DS experience, legends etc, my brain switchs off automatically...

Love Expresso

« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2018, 04:18:25 PM »
And it's always good to switch the brain on before posting. ;)

LE
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:00:43 PM by Love Expresso »

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »
Guy Fletcher has published a text about RHOF.
Clear as the day

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #419 on: August 09, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »
GF:

"I listened to the acetates fresh from the Vinyl mastering today. It sounds absolutely fabulous"

Why of course it does!  ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 40 queries.