Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 270903 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2018, 06:40:55 PM »
Old Clapton in studio is still able to kick "comfort zone Mark" in his ass to level up his playing !

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #451 on: August 10, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
I think the best we can hope for is they announce a release date early september.  I think the record will be in stores then the next month.

Very unlikely as long as they didn't announced it yet.

I won't bet anything sooner than mid October or early November.
Looking at Tracker: Tourdates september/oktober 2014 for a tour in Europe starting in May 2015.
Tracker album announcement january 2015 and availible march 2015. Exactly 8 weeks in between.
Tracker US tourdates anounced end january 2015 for a tour to start september 10.
Wil they follow this schedule again :think :think
For tourdates that's possible i think. The album will be out sooner ofcourse
Oh, and something else: Privateering was announced 13 weeks before it was officially released!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:06:22 PM by cannibals »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #452 on: August 11, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
I was listening to some classic 80s stuff on the radio yesterday and some of my favourites had synths actually driving the tracks.  I would love to have a retro 80s album.  Very in-vogue right now and Mr. K has always been cool.  8)  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »
According to Guy's diary they had been using some new soft synths from a French company and they liked them...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »
I was listening to some classic 80s stuff on the radio yesterday and some of my favourites had synths actually driving the tracks.  I would love to have a retro 80s album.  Very in-vogue right now and Mr. K has always been cool.  8)  ;)

One of the few things I don't like from 80s music is the electronic drums and that drum sound, I think is called gate drums or something like that, supposed to be invented by Phil Collins, but really invented by Peter Gabriel while recording his song "intruder" and manipulating effects while Phil Collins was playing drums...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #455 on: August 11, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »

One of the few things I don't like from 80s music is the electronic drums and that drum sound, I think is called gate drums or something like that, supposed to be invented by Phil Collins, but really invented by Peter Gabriel while recording his song "intruder" and manipulating effects while Phil Collins was playing drums...

Probably something like Linn Drums.  I think Mark used them on Local Hero back in '83.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinnDrum

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #456 on: August 11, 2018, 02:48:50 PM »

Probably something like Linn Drums.  I think Mark used them on Local Hero back in '83.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinnDrum

No, no. The gated drum sound is played with a real drums played by a real drummer, but the sound is processed by several effects to sound... Gated LOL

Electronic drums were like the real drums but with pads instead toms, snare, cymbals...

Linn drum machine or the Roland 808 were just machines with buttons to programme and sequence drums sounds.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #457 on: August 12, 2018, 04:24:52 PM »
Guy Fletcher also asks a question about the release date of the new MK album:

"I'm sure there is but I'm not aware of it. What does mk.com say?

:o  ;D
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #458 on: August 13, 2018, 10:14:54 AM »

MK certainly is cool in the more literal sense of the word (in a JJ Cale, "Sixblade-Knife" kind of style, you know what I mean). He totally isn't and never has been cool in the sense of being "en vogue". It's true that retro 80s sounds are currently en vogue, and can be cool in that sense, but MK, let alone GF, are the least likely people to create a cool-sounding retro record. There's a fine line between doing retro ironically (which can work) and doing it in all seriousness. The latter is the opposite of cool.

That said, I don't think this is something they would even consider. They'll just use the synths to create "atmosphere", like they did in the past, in songs like "The Dream of the Drowned Submariner". I don't think Mark's songs need that treatment (as he proved with Shangri-La), but I've learned to live with it.  :-\

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:18 AM »

MK certainly is cool in the more literal sense of the word (in a JJ Cale, "Sixblade-Knife" kind of style, you know what I mean). He totally isn't and never has been cool in the sense of being "en vogue". It's true that retro 80s sounds are currently en vogue, and can be cool in that sense, but MK, let alone GF, are the least likely people to create a cool-sounding retro record. There's a fine line between doing retro ironically (which can work) and doing it in all seriousness. The latter is the opposite of cool.

That said, I don't think this is something they would even consider. They'll just use the synths to create "atmosphere", like they did in the past, in songs like "The Dream of the Drowned Submariner". I don't think Mark's songs need that treatment (as he proved with Shangri-La), but I've learned to live with it.  :-\

I understand what you say and probably agree, however KtGC is about as retro as you can get so who knows?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »

I understand what you say and probably agree, however KtGC is about as retro as you can get so who knows?

Yes, KTGC is very retro and I love the nod to Bert Weedon's "Play in a Day" in "We Can Get Wild"!   ;)   I know some would say it's MK's weakest album, but there are a lot of songs on that album that I like very much.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #461 on: August 13, 2018, 11:42:57 AM »
From Guy this morning:

"I'm certain a date will be announced any moment"   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #462 on: August 13, 2018, 11:47:31 AM »

Yes, KTGC is very retro and I love the nod to Bert Weedon's "Play in a Day" in "We Can Get Wild"!   ;)   I know some would say it's MK's weakest album, but there are a lot of songs on that album that I like very much.

It's a beautiful album, very intimate and atmospheric. My country appears in the eighth track ... The first album recorded in British Grove Studio :)
Clear as the day

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #463 on: August 13, 2018, 11:57:54 AM »

It's a beautiful album, very intimate and atmospheric. My country appears in the eighth track ... The first album recorded in British Grove Studio :)

Yes!    "Over in Poland a right old to-do"     ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #464 on: August 13, 2018, 12:12:28 PM »
 :thumbsup
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 36 queries.