Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted  (Read 26691 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Re: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2018, 09:53:08 PM »
Hi guys! I need a little help to understand this Fair Admission thing..

So, I got my shopping cart with tickets and completed checkout... Floor section somewhere in first 10 rows, great...

However, looking at a map of the arena I'll be in, seems like there are three of those floor sections... not sure whether all of them has their "own" row 1-10... or if the floor section in the middle has row 11 and further on...

According to the Markknopfler.com support, Fair Admission tickets will have the best seats? Is that true? They say they are randomly assigned...

Let's say I am the only one on my concert who used Fair Admission, and was randomly assigned row 9.... And when usual pre-sale starts the whole row 1 is avaiable for purchase...

What I mean is I just hope Fair Admission gets seated somewhere on the very front rows and not further back.. Anyone else got any info from the support about this?

Cheers

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »

So, I got my shopping cart with tickets and completed checkout... Floor section somewhere in first 10 rows, great...

However, looking at a map of the arena I'll be in, seems like there are three of those floor sections... not sure whether all of them has their "own" row 1-10... or if the floor section in the middle has row 11 and further on...

According to the Markknopfler.com support, Fair Admission tickets will have the best seats? Is that true? They say they are randomly assigned...

Let's say I am the only one on my concert who used Fair Admission, and was randomly assigned row 9.... And when usual pre-sale starts the whole row 1 is avaiable for purchase...

What I mean is I just hope Fair Admission gets seated somewhere on the very front rows and not further back.. Anyone else got any info from the support about this?

Cheers

I genuinely tried to read your message, but I think everybody will agree, that this system is a total failure and just too complicated.

But I got to say, that watching Mark's management attempts of reinventing the wheel is pretty pretty funny :lol

Love Expresso

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2018, 10:04:43 PM »
I don't know what do you think, but to me, it sounds like blah blah blah

To me it really sounds like an effort to get rid of a fanatic well organized and very influencal fan Group (Amit) with strong opinions, set list statistics and analysis and discussions and most of all always the same 20 faces in the first rows. In that case, it worked obviously. Guy knows pretty well how fans are ticking, how fast we get our Information and how crazy we are to see him as often as possible. His idea of a show is clearly another one.

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2018, 10:13:52 PM »
The initial idea was good but it failed.

One of the things could had been better would have been said at the first time the sections of the "fair€ tickets and also the price of the "fair" tickets. That would had been fair

Hidden price and the situation of the tickets seems darks and suspicious. Usual presale said both.

Why they accept or reject the tickets petitions is something you have to be faithful. You have to believe they are being "fair" but you never can't be sure it's being fair.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
Very political way of PC in telling us we can sod off. I mean: a lot of people pay a lot of money to travel, buy super ultra premium deluxe albums, buy live recordings, merchandise, and support MK no matter what. And then we're told everyone should have a chance to sit in the front row. I mean: IF you want to sit in the front row, you have to work a little bit for it, don't you? That would be the same as saying: I want to win this F1 race but I can't be bothered to drive quickly and I'll take the bus instead. I'm never actually upset about MK related stuff, but now I am. Just disappointed. I was 13 years old when I saw MK at the HMH in Amsterdam, and I've been following him ever since. Never in these 10 years (and I know it's not as long as some other people around here) I felt this way. It doesn't seem right to me. This whole thing is a complete mess and there is a complete lack of proper CLEAR communication from the people who manage MK.com and PCM. I don't care if anyone from his team reads this, I just don't think this is professional at all. People pay a lot of money, the 1 thing they can expect then is to have clear communication how the system works.

Newsflash: It doesn't work. If this is the last tour, ok then. But if it's not: I hope, and I really do, that they won't do this again. People want to know what they're up to.

Just my two cents.

Hola
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »

Cheers

I genuinely tried to read your message, but I think everybody will agree, that this system is a total failure and just too complicated.

But I got to say, that watching Mark's management attempts of reinventing the wheel is pretty pretty funny :lol

Yeah it's quite confusing all of this with the FA...

I just want some clarification with everything.. I have read on markknopfler.com at News, FAQ etc...

Just want to know if Fair Admission tickets get seated at the very best rows, before the pre-sale starts.... To me it's no disaster if I am on row 1 or 4.. but let's say it's row 10.. and when pre-sale starts, row 1-4 are all empty... bit disappointing then...

At the same time, you don't know how many others have signed up for FA, maybe all 10 rows are now occupied :D
I decided not to take the risk and wait until Monday when I found out it's somewhere at row 1-10...

However, this arena has three floor sections, and I still don't know if the rows are, for example:

First Floor Section:
Row 1-10
Second Floor Section:
Row 11-20

or

First Floor Section:
Row 1-10
Second Floor Section:
Row 1-10

In a worst case scenario I could be put further back  :hmm

This is no longer about MK's upcoming tour, it's about how confused the fans can be made, and for what reason really?

I also asked the MK support if they will record every concert and sell USB sticks like the previous tours?
No answer, only to keep eyes open for more news...
The only thing to be found at MK.com is:

And all MarkKnopfler.com ticket presale customers will receive a complimentary live recording from the forthcoming tour.

So.... are they making ONE recording from ONE specific concert or are they doing all of them?

Down The Confusing Unclear Road Wherever Whatever  ;D ;D

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2018, 12:10:05 AM »
sorry if it had been posted before, but in my last mail from MK.com I saw this sentence :

"Fans who take part in Fair Admission process will be seated before regular presale buyers."

so how could regular buyers could have better seats than Fair Admissions buyers ?  ??? :hmm

Exactly. it doesn't make sense.

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »
I'm trying to be realistic about this- Most people that registered for the Fair admission/allocation will be fans anyway - "joe public" are unlikely to know about it or even the normal pre-sale because unless they are in the fan club or subscribe to MK.com they will not have received a notification about it.
So- assuming everyone registered is a fan anyway, the FA system is trying to randomly allocate the best tickets instead of "first come first served" amongst the fans. Although it has not been stated categorically, the information implies that FA will be allocated tickets before the normal pre-sale on 29th so the FA should still get the best seats.  With all respect to Ingrid and the other super fans that attend multiple concerts, the previous comment that they have "right to expect" the best seats is not fair to long time fans who can only afford to attend one concert - why should they not have an equal chance of having a front row ticket for the one show they can attend?  Under the old system, I got front row centre tickets for the last tour &  2nd row for the 2 previous tours, and I also have concerns about what I will be allocated this time, but as I will be at work on Monday and unable to get on-line for the pre-sale which starts at lunch time, I'm actually pleased that I had an alternative which has worked out  ! 
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »
I'm trying to be realistic about this- Most people that registered for the Fair admission/allocation will be fans anyway - "joe public" are unlikely to know about it or even the normal pre-sale because unless they are in the fan club or subscribe to MK.com they will not have received a notification about it.
So- assuming everyone registered is a fan anyway, the FA system is trying to randomly allocate the best tickets instead of "first come first served" amongst the fans. Although it has not been stated categorically, the information implies that FA will be allocated tickets before the normal pre-sale on 29th so the FA should still get the best seats.  With all respect to Ingrid and the other super fans that attend multiple concerts, the previous comment that they have "right to expect" the best seats is not fair to long time fans who can only afford to attend one concert - why should they not have an equal chance of having a front row ticket for the one show they can attend?  Under the old system, I got front row centre tickets for the last tour &  2nd row for the 2 previous tours, and I also have concerns about what I will be allocated this time, but as I will be at work on Monday and unable to get on-line for the pre-sale which starts at lunch time, I'm actually pleased that I had an alternative which has worked out  !

Hi!

Ok, so you entered the FA as well and got tickets?
If so, I'm just curious which rows that were stated on your order summary? 1-10? So was the case for me.
Now it's a long 2-3weeks of waiting for more details.. Anyway I will check the pre-sale tomorrow and see if I can see which seats are already booked  ;D

Cheers

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2018, 01:52:18 PM »
Block A rows A-Q  so 17 rows of FA at Newcastle !  I knew it was going to be popular when the button to sign up for FA disappeared from the Newcastle line on the Tour dates page.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 02:05:12 PM by 3Strats »
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »
Block A rows A-Q  so 17 rows of FA at Newcastle !

Ah I see, hope you'll get the first 10 rows then... My order summary said "Floor Section Row 1-10".. I wonder just how random this will be...

Since they earn all their extra fees now through the FA, we could at least be worth of the front rows... sucks if we pay more and get row 10.. haha.

As long as we get row 1-5 I can be very pleased with it

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »
Despite being very stressful we should not falling to conspiracy mode.

We know y past that using MK.com is costly.
The rule was clear and simple, first come first serve.

Problem is that over the years more and more people is using it so more and more people will be deceived because "as you can't extend a central block front row" mechanically a part of the tix offered won't be as good as they used to be and you end with far sided or in the back tix.

But the way the FA is organised is a another step... :disbelief

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »
What would really make sense is if those that purchased FA tickets and had seats allocated away from the stage were moved forward in to the seats that were not purchased / dropped by others in the FA sale.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 41 queries.