Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the new tour  (Read 49262 times)

Onlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: the new tour
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2018, 01:19:26 PM »
With more musicians involved in the show, the cache should rise. Maybe higer prices of the tickets?

That's one of the things local promoters could do to not loose or win money with the concert, put higher prices... but higher prices would mean less sales as well, MK is not Dire Straits.

Bigger venues. Example and not a good one i know..... He can play the O2 in London or he can do RAH 4/5 times..... Another one: Belgium, Lotto Arena or Vorst National, both have about 8000 people or he can play Sportpaleis who can have about 20.000.
Or is this something promoters do not take in consideration?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2018, 01:24:14 PM »
With more musicians involved in the show, the cache should rise. Maybe higer prices of the tickets?

That's one of the things local promoters could do to not loose or win money with the concert, put higher prices... but higher prices would mean less sales as well, MK is not Dire Straits.

Bigger venues. Example and not a good one i know..... He can play the O2 in London or he can do RAH 4/5 times..... Another one: Belgium, Lotto Arena or Vorst National, both have about 8000 people or he can play Sportpaleis who can have about 20.000.

You have to fill a big venue to make money. Usually big venues are more expensive.

Probably with people that went one night to the O2 MK would had filled the RAH three times so they save two dates but bigger venues can't be used always, think about the Palau Sant Jordi from Barcelona example I put before. It has a 17.000 capacity, but MK will only sell between 5.000 to 7.000 tickets there so, why you want a big venue that would be more than half empty?

Nonsense.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »

You have to fill a big venue to make money. Usually big venues are more expensive.

Probably with people that went one night to the O2 MK would had filled the RAH three times so they save two dates but bigger venues can't be used always, think about the Palau Sant Jordi from Barcelona example I put before. It has a 17.000 capacity, but MK will only sell between 5.000 to 7.000 tickets there so, why you want a big venue that would be more than half empty?

Nonsense.
I understand your point.
Then something else, only one concert in a bigger venue also means only one night for hotels and all that stuff that comes with being on tour. Does MK has something to say in this?? I really wonder how they make a tourschedule like this and who decides when and where (city and venue) they will play.....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2018, 02:11:03 PM »

Nonsense.
I understand your point.
Then something else, only one concert in a bigger venue also means only one night for hotels and all that stuff that comes with being on tour. Does MK has something to say in this?? I really wonder how they make a tourschedule like this and who decides when and where (city and venue) they will play.....

PCM with the promoters.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2018, 02:52:11 PM »
I expect the tickets to be shockingly expensive in line with current prices for indoor shows but they will still sell

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2018, 02:52:39 PM »
maybe he should do a Gilmour like tour, in beautiful locations, venice, pompeii, verona etc...less concerts, but special locations that make it more interesting...?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
Regarding the state or the recording industry theses days I wonder if Richard or Glenn are making that much money from recording sessions.

MK is by far not among the top priced artists but I bet for the usual price increase on tix.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Onlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
maybe he should do a Gilmour like tour, in beautiful locations, venice, pompeii, verona etc...less concerts, but special locations that make it more interesting...?
I saw Gilmour in Tienen Belgium on his last tour. Indeed a nice location but i do not see Knopfler do the same. Don't forget it was Gilmour's first tour in 10 year .

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2018, 07:52:29 AM »
I saw Gilmour in Tienen Belgium on his last tour. Indeed a nice location but i do not see Knopfler do the same. Don't forget it was Gilmour's first tour in 10 year .
Was there too! Night one or two?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »

Was there as well,,2nd night
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »
Me to

Me too. Was brilliant. Did not know you were there dutchessy

Onlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »
Me to

I was there the first night  :thumbsup
Do you guys think MK would be in for a tour like that?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »
No. The way David Gilmour tours is very unfair as there are very few concerts which tickets sold out very fast as there are more fans that want to see him that concerts to go.

Mk way is better as he plays almost all Europe and much of the US giving lot of chances to fans.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
Me to

Ofcourse you knew. We had contact but you arrived late and was at the back. I stood next to Ingrid.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2018, 02:48:33 PM »
Me to

Ofcourse you knew. We had contact but you arrived late and was at the back. I stood next to Ingrid.
Oh, true, getting old I guess?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 38 queries.