Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (04) Just a Boy Away from Home  (Read 39882 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: (04) Just a Boy Away from Home ##* Spoiler Lyrics *##
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Junkie doll!!!! Unbelievable track!!!!!  :clap

Actually this "cover" part of You'll Never Walk Alone is a million times better than the original. Truly unbelievable and amazing, hats off.

Yes, indeed I agree 'you' ll never walk alone' played by MK is amazing and it suits the main tune very well...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »
Would love to get the link too, thanks!
Thanks a lot😍😀

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
another fusion, this one is between Junkie Doll and Donegan's gone
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinebaloney

• Guitar George
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2018, 02:08:15 PM »
Could I have the link too ; thanks a lot !  :)

Offlinehfscardoso

• Guitar George
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »
Could someone send me a link please !!!

Thanks

Love Expresso

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2018, 02:24:12 PM »
I cannot take this track seriously. Skipper. About the solo... well ge plays the song note for note.. can't find anything in it that's very special. Pity but had no expectations after the first describtions. That Junkie Doll Cover precidely note for note is somewhat  outrageous.

LE

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
I cannot take this track seriously. Snipper. About the solo... well ge plays the song note for note.. can't find anything in it that's very special. Pity but had no expectations after the first describtions. That Junkie Doll Cover precidely note for note is somewhat  outrageous.

LE

What is incredible so far out of the these available 8 songs is that I have heard basically 0% of new material/melodies but there's still interesting stuff, only a genius like MK can do that
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2018, 02:28:16 PM »
So do you agree when I said the slide tone was better, warmer, rounder, and Cooderish ?  ;)

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2018, 02:28:23 PM »
Guys, can you send me a PM too?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »
I cannot take this track seriously. Skipper. About the solo... well ge plays the song note for note.. can't find anything in it that's very special. Pity but had no expectations after the first describtions. That Junkie Doll Cover precidely note for note is somewhat  outrageous.

LE

I feel pretty disappointed and dejected too, at the moment.   When I heard GOYS and Dancefloor I was overjoyed, especially Dancefloor, which is right up my street.   Then  last night I heard Trapperman and One Song at a Time.  Agreed, they are nice songs, but for me they are just too long and rather monotonous and I really dislike Guy's synths.   I listened to Just a Boy this morning, but, sorry, I don't like that one either.   The slide guitar, which everyone likes, sets my teeth on edge!    I hope these songs will grow on me, as I'm sure they will - I will have to give them time.    There are a couple of songs - Bacon Roll and Nobody Does That, which I can't bring myself to listen to yet.   Now, I understand how Nick14 felt!    I hope the rest of the album will restore my faith!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2018, 02:46:59 PM »
So do you agree when I said the slide tone was better, warmer, rounder, and Cooderish ?  ;)

YES! :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2018, 02:55:50 PM »

LE

I feel pretty disappointed and dejected too, at the moment.   When I heard GOYS and Dancefloor I was overjoyed, especially Dancefloor, which is right up my street.   Then  last night I heard Trapperman and One Song at a Time.  Agreed, they are nice songs, but for me they are just too long and rather monotonous and I really dislike Guy's synths.   I listened to Just a Boy this morning, but, sorry, I don't like that one either.   The slide guitar, which everyone likes, sets my teeth on edge!    I hope these songs will grow on me, as I'm sure they will - I will have to give them time.    There are a couple of songs - Bacon Roll and Nobody Does That, which I can't bring myself to listen to yet.   Now, I understand how Nick14 felt!    I hope the rest of the album will restore my faith!    :)

Clearly the first part of this song is just an excuse to get to the other side with the slide guitar. You can almost imagine how this track was written/constructed: you have an idea of playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" on slide guitar, what should you do? You can't just play it and that's it. You have to build it up from something.

So forget about lyrics, forget about Junkie Doll cover, the main focus is on the slide solo and it's amazing, gives you goosebumps.

Much like this "Playtime Deluxe" blues song on Bill Wyman 80th Birthday. You're waiting for this big reveal at the end.

Just A Boy Away From Home is a track for people who loves solid groove, emotional slide guitar and GOOD arrangements.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »
By the way, it's only me or "Just A Boy Away From Home / You'll Never Walk Alone" is a more appropriate name for this song?

Love Expresso

« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »
Only that it gives me no goosebumps but is totally mediocre.

LE

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »

LE

Clearly the first part of this song is just an excuse to get to the other side with the slide guitar. You can almost imagine how this track was written/constructed: you have an idea of playing "You'll Never Walk Alone" on slide guitar, what should you do? You can't just play it and that's it. You have to build it up from something.

So forget about lyrics, forget about Junkie Doll cover, the main focus is on the slide solo and it's amazing, gives you goosebumps.

Much like this "Playtime Deluxe" blues song on Bill Wyman 80th Birthday. You're waiting for this big reveal at the end.

Just A Boy Away From Home is a track for people who loves solid groove, emotional slide guitar and GOOD arrangements.

To turn it on it's head and look at the song that way is interesting and certainly thinking outside the box!  I can see where you're coming from with this fine analysis actually.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 40 queries.