Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Norwegian interview - last big tour?  (Read 9652 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: New Norwegian interview - last big tour?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
fan question:
Good morning Guy,
Since there’s been a lot of buzz about the retirement from touring thing… are you guys gonna do another tour before you wrap up, right? I obviously respect whatever thing you decide to do, since you’ve given us a lot already & I think we all agree on this one. I personally would love to see you live & I’m sure It would be such an amazing thing to tell my grandkids in the future.
Thank you for all you do & have always done.
Anna
guys reply:We are planning on touring next year, yes.

still a bit vague to me...of course the man can't say much...still..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
fan question:
Good morning Guy,
Since there’s been a lot of buzz about the retirement from touring thing… are you guys gonna do another tour before you wrap up, right? I obviously respect whatever thing you decide to do, since you’ve given us a lot already & I think we all agree on this one. I personally would love to see you live & I’m sure It would be such an amazing thing to tell my grandkids in the future.
Thank you for all you do & have always done.
Anna
guys reply:We are planning on touring next year, yes.

still a bit vague to me...of course the man can't say much...still..

A little bit disappointing that his answer isn't just "yes".

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 08:23:24 AM »
The question was wrong. We all know there would be a next tour in 2019. Is after that tour that MK is thinking about it. Guy had the easiest answer ever.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 08:48:33 AM »
It seems to be planned totally tight moneywise. In 2010, when they reached Europe and decided to keep Mike in the band, coincidentally the same day they suddenly started to sell the concert downloads, without announcing it before. My theory was that another band member had to be paid and therefore MK gave his ok. Same with the schedule. It seems every single show is necessary to make it run.

LE
Yes, you are probably right. Good observation! Every business has a budget. If your goal isn’t profit, but for instance to keep ticket prizes low and have a comfortable and happy time while touring, you have to do something to increase income to pay for new unplanned costs.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 09:17:48 AM »
The question was wrong. We all know there would be a next tour in 2019. Is after that tour that MK is thinking about it. Guy had the easiest answer ever.

Although they say they are always looking forward i bet Guy is going to ignore/avoid every question about a possible tour after 2019.
Personally i hope they will keep on going but in a much smaller scale. Like a few concerts in the UK together with some concerts in countries like Germany, Italy Spain Holland Belgium and France.....Like i said before, a 3 weeks tour in Europe/UK and something simalar in the US.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »

Although they say they are always looking forward i bet Guy is going to ignore/avoid every question about a possible tour after 2019.
Personally i hope they will keep on going but in a much smaller scale. Like a few concerts in the UK together with some concerts in countries like Germany, Italy Spain Holland Belgium and France.....Like i said before, a 3 weeks tour in Europe/UK and something simalar in the US.

The thing is that MK has been very vague about it. He didn't say he's not touring no more. Just that he did have to think about it. So until next tour ends and he start thinking in next project he wouldn't think about if he tours again...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »

The thing is that MK has been very vague about it. He didn't say he's not touring no more. Just that he did have to think about it. So until next tour ends and he start thinking in next project he wouldn't think about if he tours again...

Of course he's being vague.  He's just the same as everyone - he can't say with certainty what lies ahead!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »

A young lad goes into the doctor’s office and says that his body hurts wherever he touches it.
“Impossible,” says the doctor. “Show me.”
he takes his finger and pushes his elbow and screams in agony. He pushes his knee and screams, pushes his ankle and screams and so it goes on, everywhere he touches makes him scream when the doctor says, “I thought so,” he says. “Your finger is broken.”

got it, right?
it has nothing to do with the nation states.
:wave
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.