Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: He is coming to Italy!!  (Read 19113 times)

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: He is coming to Italy!!
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
Yes, it's all true. As an Italian, I followed the interview in full. Nothing new about the album. It was only a figurative appearance, as a rock legend but nothing that could intrigue on the new album or some statement on the RARHOF or on the DS.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2018, 02:10:29 PM »
Regarding his physical appearance: What worries me more than the weight is the slowness with which he moves. Might indeed have something to do with his back problems. Definitely not ideal for touring ... nor for anything else.

The interview wasn't as banal as I'd expected it, the interviewer went a bit beyond the usual. What I found interesting, among other things, is what he said about the kind of character that Good on You Son is about. When I heard that song for the first time (okay, not the first, maybe the sixth, because before that I was too concerned with Guy's production), I automatically assumed that there must be some underlying irony in the lyrics. As in Early Bird, My Parties, Millionaire Blues or even The Fizzy and the Still. But it seems that there isn't in this case. He said in the interview that his honest attitude towards people who've "made it" really is: "Good on you, son. I'm glad for you." Does this make the song less interesting? Maybe. Or maybe the opposite.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »
Actually he said that they are trying to schedule the tour in a way that's not in conflict with the musical dates, sounds pretty strange to me unless the tour starts pretty early which doesn't seem the case at all
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
Actually he said that they are trying to schedule the tour in a way that's not in conflict with the musical dates, sounds pretty strange to me unless the tour starts pretty early which doesn't seem the case at all

Remember the Old Vic run has been postponed.  It appears maybe that they are working out when to book tour dates and the Old Vic and that is why it was delayed.  All we can be sure of at the moment is that the tour will begin after the Lyceum run.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2018, 04:23:31 PM »

Remember the Old Vic run has been postponed.  It appears maybe that they are working out when to book tour dates and the Old Vic and that is why it was delayed.  All we can be sure of at the moment is that the tour will begin after the Lyceum run.

Yes, when we had guessed about the tour we always thought it might start late April as sooner because that's when the musical ends in Edinburgh, although we didn't know if MK had to be involved until last date as it's not expected he plays in the musical...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »

:thumbsup
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
Honestly, I don't see him THAT bad ;) He's never in his "element" in these occasions (a public interview!!) and somehow it could make him less "fluent" with his movements. He's actually got fatter, and tha could be a problem when touring, but he was in a clear good mood and that's what really counts!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:57:38 PM by K-alberto »

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »

Yes, when we had guessed about the tour we always thought it might start late April as sooner because that's when the musical ends in Edinburgh, although we didn't know if MK had to be involved until last date as it's not expected he plays in the musical...

Is it just me thinking that the tour is already set and we are just waiting for official release of the dates? Probably in the next 4 weeks. Somehow i found it hard to believe that they are still working on dates and venues......

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2018, 10:17:11 PM »
The tour is set but there are always gaps to fill with concerts that are not closed yet...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2018, 09:10:54 AM »

The interview wasn't as banal as I'd expected it, the interviewer went a bit beyond the usual. What I found interesting, among other things, is what he said about the kind of character that Good on You Son is about. When I heard that song for the first time (okay, not the first, maybe the sixth, because before that I was too concerned with Guy's production), I automatically assumed that there must be some underlying irony in the lyrics. As in Early Bird, My Parties, Millionaire Blues or even The Fizzy and the Still. But it seems that there isn't in this case. He said in the interview that his honest attitude towards people who've "made it" really is: "Good on you, son. I'm glad for you." Does this make the song less interesting? Maybe. Or maybe the opposite.

So remember we wondered if it was about someone special.. the Interviewer asked about some irony in the lyrics...

I wonder if it is daring to say then that his song writing failed in this case?  There is a difference in us wanting him to explain the deeper, secret meanings on the one side and in him explaining to us how it was really meant on the other...

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 40 queries.