Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album leaked?  (Read 106638 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Album leaked?
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2018, 08:36:27 AM »
There is only one file.

It's a fake!  :thumbsdown

My zip contains 14 files, and they all have the appropriate size (longer songs - bigger size). If they're fake, someone must have invested quite a bit of time in making them look so real. This sounds unlikely to me. You know what? If the password doesn't magically appear sometime soon, I'll go back to them when the real files are out, and compare the files sizes. Then we'll know.

There is not going to appear any password, because is fake.

If you are so sure it's the real thing, why don't you put your credit card details in order to get the password and have the songs?

If i was so sure as you are, I would do it.

But as I'm sure it's fake, I'll never do such a thing.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 10:47:40 AM »
Anyone who has the mentioned rar file. unzip it, you get 2 files, a text file with dubious links for the password, and the password protected zip file.

Heres how to get access to the content.

Download a zip password remover. Run the remover with the associated zip file, using brute force method maximum of 5 characters....

leave your computer running day and night for a month....

Finally crack the password, to find that its a corrupted archive....

By which time the album will be out anyway!

Realize that you've wasted a months electricity for nothing.

Sob uncontrollably into the nearest beer.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
Ok. Let us forget about this zip file and move forward now
Anyone who has the mentioned rar file. unzip it, you get 2 files, a text file with dubious links for the password, and the password protected zip file.

Heres how to get access to the content.

Download a zip password remover. Run the remover with the associated zip file, using brute force method maximum of 5 characters....

leave your computer running day and night for a month....

Finally crack the password, to find that its a corrupted archive....

By which time the album will be out anyway!

Realize that you've wasted a months electricity for nothing.

Sob uncontrollably into the nearest beer.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 11:07:21 AM »
Do I detect a distinct lack of humor on here these days? My comment was meant as a joke. The mentioned file is obviously a fake and no one should waste any time with it.....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »
No, not at all, I just think it is clear for all that the file is bogus, so we should focus on the real thing. For the record: haha!
Do I detect a distinct lack of humor on here these days? My comment was meant as a joke. The mentioned file is obviously a fake and no one should waste any time with it.....

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2018, 11:50:58 AM »

In the contrary, you pictured it out quite well.

It's only Rail King the one that still believe that fake is real, LOL
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
It's a scam. What they do is they keep track of releases of artists with a big fan bases. They make the zip look real by including files with the same name and same file length. They trick the fans into providing information so they can sell their data to callcentres and all.
at least there is someone out there who looks after them funs afterwards!  ;D
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 01:02:01 AM »

In the contrary, you pictured it out quite well.

It's only Rail King the one that still believe that fake is real, LOL

Yeah, right. Given that you’re 100% sure that the zip doesn’t contain any real files, you’re following this thread quite religiously, though. 😉 But Pottel is right: Time to move on to a real leak.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 01:50:25 AM »
Sorry guys no  offence meant....

Railking, I run a studio in a special needs school and because of our crap budgets I have to build my own computers and write my own code. I can tell you 100% that from a technical standpoint its not a legit file. If you want to check any zip for yourself it should open in raw format inside notepad. The one from the download reports as corrupt...

One of the linked offers was to become a taster for cadburys though.....

Maybe things are looking up lol...

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 10:36:04 PM »
Sorry guys no  offence meant....

Railking, I run a studio in a special needs school and because of our crap budgets I have to build my own computers and write my own code. I can tell you 100% that from a technical standpoint its not a legit file. If you want to check any zip for yourself it should open in raw format inside notepad. The one from the download reports as corrupt...

One of the linked offers was to become a taster for cadburys though.....

Maybe things are looking up lol...

Well, I'll certainly believe you, then, 2manyguitars. My point was just this: Just because someone is in possession of the real files doesn't mean they can't use them to fish for credit card details etc. They won't fool me with Cadburys, though. I'm VERY much into MK, but not THAT much into chocolate. ;)

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »
Alright, I have the 14 files of the official edition in front of me, ready for streaming. Trembling with excitement. :o

I got them the official way because I work as a freelance journalist occasionally. Like JF, I'm not allowed to share them, and they're watermarked. Even though I personally miss the good old age of leaks (can it really be that record companies got a tighter grip on this than they used to have? I always assumed it would become harder and harder to keep stuff secret), I can't share them with you, as much as I'd love to.

Actually, I won't even listen to them right now. The temptation to do so is strong, but I want to find a quiet hour or two to fully appreciate the songs and celebrate the event. I may not find that time until after next weekend – I think I'll want to listen to them in the car, driving down the road wherever – but I'll post my personal take on the songs here as soon as I've digested them.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »
Alright, I have the 14 files of the official edition in front of me, ready for streaming. Trembling with excitement. :o

I got them the official way because I work as a freelance journalist occasionally. Like JF, I'm not allowed to share them, and they're watermarked. Even though I personally miss the good old age of leaks (can it really be that record companies got a tighter grip on this than they used to have? I always assumed it would become harder and harder to keep stuff secret), I can't share them with you, as much as I'd love to.

Actually, I won't even listen to them right now. The temptation to do so is strong, but I want to find a quiet hour or two to fully appreciate the songs and celebrate the event. I may not find that time until after next weekend – I think I'll want to listen to them in the car, driving down the road wherever – but I'll post my personal take on the songs here as soon as I've digested them.

Very nice! Looking forward to your review  :)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »

I will be waiting impatiently:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »
the next journalist who has it really risks big time
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineruipedro

• Local Hero
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
looking forward to see the review!!! :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 36 queries.