Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: First impressions (**Spoiler alert**)  (Read 35080 times)

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: First impressions (**Spoiler alert**)
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2018, 09:45:50 PM »
just checked again :

that riff is played as intro by a guitar (clean/crunch) and/or a bass
less driven than in the cover, more laid-back style. the saturated guitar is the lead one  8)

just before the chorus (sort of a "bridge") the vocals sing "back on the dance floor" on that same line : first Mark alone, and then background vocals

an then, background vocals sing along this line : "doowap doowap"...yes I am serious

and then again the pre-chorus and the chorus

the outro is  "doowap doowap" by vocals with synth lines, and lead guitar licks

and the end of the song is just  "doowap doowap" by vocals.....yes I am still serious

so yes that line is the main theme throughout the song, a little bit faster than in the cover video

Ok, thanks again JF. I think if it comes out as a single it will be really amazing. I do not remember such an promotion of an album (with just a second single at the same time the album is released) from the time of DS, if I remember correctly. :D

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:27 PM »
So, you who have already heard his new album.. do you hope he picks many songs from this one for the tour or just a few?

I would like some mixed from Privateering, Ragpickers Dream... also DS of course...and of course some from the new album which will probably happen anyway...

He's having a percussion and a trumpet, which are prominent in the new record, in his live band... What do you think?

Nobody Does That would be a sure winner live. And generally, I don't think there's a song on this album that couldn't be done live, maybe except for the jazz ballads which would sound odd in an arena environment. That's said, he'll probably include about the same amount of new songs as on previous tours.

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »
From November 16, all DS / MK albums are wronged. Only Down The Road Wherever the most important for me :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 39 queries.